The book's world

The open heart: Writing tips !

 

 

                                                                      The book's world       

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

As you can see, most of the book speaks of the Main Characters only. Okay, you can focus on two or three people but I think ignoring the other characters, make the decor empty. 

Why? Because your characters live in a city, somewhere in a country, in the middle of a continent! I am sure that your Characters meet people who have nothing to do with the story but make them more "human" like, the boss, the coworker, the neighbor, the lawyer, the police officer, the waiter in the usual coffee shop, etc.

Don't they exist? When you go on a date, don't you see them? Don't they affect your life somehow? I bet they does! like how many times you felt outraged or scared or amused because of a complete stranger you met somewhere and somewhen in your life.

Add Characters!

Of course, I need to give you an exemple, right?

Here is a small exemple.

"Sitting in the middle of his usual coffee shop, Taekwoon felt uncomfortable to be out of his small bubble; he didn't know why he did leave his room today. Oh, yes. It was the gorgeous man who introduced himself as N. A rather exotic nickname for an exotic persona." 

Okay, it's all about Taekwoon (Leo) being uncomfortable in a coffee shop. I'm sure you will imagine the coffee shop empty or full of people, depending on the imagination of each one of you, right? BUT! What if I write it this way?

"Sitting in the middle of his usual coffee shop, surrounded by four or five groups of people who were chatting enough loudly for him to hear, Taekwoon felt uncomfortable to be out of his small bubble, obliged to ignore people's eyes; he didn't know why  he did leave his room today, except that it surprised Ken, his roommate, a lot. Oh, yes. It was the gorgeous man who introduced himself as N, in the director's daughter birthday party. A rather exotic nickname for an exotic persona." 

See? Isn't the second one way better?

But don't force yourself on writing things you aren't really good at! I at details in the mere beginning, so it's a novice level for me. I have a lot to learn but I'll keep sharing tips with you, okay? 

Sorry for the bad grammar. I'm not perfect <3

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Author's note:

                                                                             

Good Luck!