It is Too Late!

Is It Too Late?

ACCCKKKKK!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED??? THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED YET~! OTL Tsk! Such a spoiler! Anyway, since some of you already read the first part, I'll just continue on T____T

*************************************************

3... 2... 1... I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings, inhaling the fresh air.

This park, had become too familiar of a view. Everything's still quite the same, benches, trees, lamp posts and even the small ice cream stall. And here I am still watching Kim Jinwoo from afar. There's just one major detail that is foreign to this familiar surrounding. Aside from I am wearing a formal suit, there's also the merry noises coming from across the street to where I am standing. He looks really happy.

I stood under the shade of an old maple tree, the tree that witnessed all my undeserved longing, my unworthy heartaches. Its roots were watered by the tears I shed that night. That night when Seunghoon bend on one knee, extending a golden ring. That night when I saw Jinwoo cried rivers of tears once more, but this time, not because he's breaking but because he's being made whole again. That night, I closed my eyes just like what I did today, only that time, I know I am bound to close my heart with it.

I looked pass the chatting people around the area, zooming my eyes on him. Jinwoo, he looks like how he was when I first met him, full of colours and always smiling. I followed his movements with my gaze. He went around bowing to the guests and giving hugs to some. Some people starts to leave the reception area while others finish their food. I saw him darting his eyes around seemingly looking for something, for someone rather. He smiled as he walked towards his announced lifetime partner just 2 hours ago. They clutched into each others arms while I clutched into my heart. Their lips met briefly for a peck before they faced another couple of guest congratulating them for their nuptials. Through all these I kept my sight fixed at him, I need to feel it, my pain is not enough compared to what Jinwoo had been through because of me. I need to see it, I need to see him happy, to see him happy not because of me, happy with another's love.

------------------------------------------------------

I know I looked ridiculous all dressed up like it's my own, but I can't help myself. I want to be in every important part of Jinwoo's life, I wanted to be there, I should be the one there, saying my vow with him. Even so, even if it's the last one. Now, all I can do is imagine. I went to the ceremony sitting in the farthest corner. Every time Jinwoo utters an oath, I closed my eyes, imagining he's in front of me and I answered him back.

- I Kim Jinwoo,

I Song Mino,

- take you,

as my life long love

- to have

and to hold

- from this day forward

for better or for worse

- for richer, for poorer

in sickness and in health

- till death do us part

"No, even beyond death, we won't be apart."

I opened my eyes upon hearing the last words followed by a loud cheering. Yes, I was pretending. All the while that was Seunghoon's voice replying back to Jinwoo. The ceremony ended, our love has ended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I glanced up the sky, it's getting dark. Good, the night suits me best, with it I can blend the darkness of my life. I looked back and was shocked to be met by big doe eyes once again, my heart skipped painfully but I hold my gaze. He's standing just outside the reception's door, right across the park. Jinwoo's eyes still mirrors sadness, but now I know better. He's sad for me, not because of me, more like pity. Now, I'm being pitied on by the one I hurt. What a pathetic loser I became to be. Well, I started to be this much of a loser since that day of our anniversary when I left him. Being pitied by Jinwoo couldn't be that bad, at least he still gave me a fraction of his attention.

He pursed his lips in a tight sad smile before slightly bowing and slowly looking back up. "I'm going," I mouthed, then after a few more seconds of lingering stare, he entered back in the venue. I'm going. I said that to him that time, it indeed turned out to be the last words I'll ever tell him. I engraved the last image of Kim Jinwoo in my mind, closing my eyes once more inhaling the now chilly night breeze.

"Song Mino-ssi," Seunghoon called, pulling me out of my reverie. I saw him running towards my direction. I pulled out my hands from the pockets of my suits to try to hold my ground. Instead, when he reached my spot, he straightened his coat and firmly put both his arms on his side.

"Thank you." I heard him say before giving me a 90 degrees bow. I was glued on my spot. He straightened back up and ran back inside before I can even say anything. I laughed bitterly. Just like what we talked about, this will be the last time, no matter how hard, I'll restrain myself from coming close to their now, shared lives. Please be happy.

In a whisper I heard myself say, "Kim Jinwoo, you indeed found yourself a good man."

"Lee Seunghoon." Came an answer. I swiftly turned to my side.

"He's Lee Seunghoon, I know him." The girl continued on, "He's really a good guy."

I was slightly taken aback, I looked at the girl who was too engrossed watching what's happening in the reception area. "Uhm, excuse me?" She turned towards me and smiled.

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I am just an uninvited guest. I just wanted to see that guy for one last time." She bowed and started to walk away.

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I feel like I have a connection with her. A failed-love kind of connection. Maybe?

"I am Song Mino." I breathed. She turned back with an unwavering smile. I instinctively smiled back.

"My name is Kristine, nice to meet you Song Mino-ssi."

"Err, Kristine. I know this might be too sudden, but would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?" I said cautiously.

"Hmm, a cup of coffee. That sounds good."

A corner of my dead heart started to thump again, one beat at a time.

 

------------------------------- THE END ------------------------------------

IT'S DONEEEEEE~~~!!!!!! OMGGG!!!!! I know it's shorter than the previous chapters, but I'm really going crazy, so to cut my insanity short, I made the final chapter shorter >< Mianhe! As most of you wanted, it's a Jinhoon ending but I can't just leave Mino suffering, so fulfilling my chance to cameo challenge~ Kristine is Mino's new chance of love muehuehuehue~ I'm such a kind author fulfilling (almost) all your wishes. XD LMAO!!! btw, in case I wrote it crappily and you didn't get it, Kristine is Seunghoon's past. Whether an ex lover or unrequited love, you can ask Krimaeu in the comments section, it was her own love story after all, so I know nothing about it, until she showed up in front of Mino LOL! I left many vague details  in this story like how Seunghoon and Jinwoo met or what's their job. I purposely did that to give you room to imagine. You are free to think that Mino is a stripper working at night and Jinwoo is a kind-hearted kindergarten teacher, I won't mind HAHAHAHA! Anyway, please look forward tomy minjinhoon one-shot in Hoon's POV >,<

 

Thank you so much for your support and comments, I appreciate you all so much!!! Till next story....!!!

love lots, D.for.V