three.

to where you are

 published: 2014.11.02
313 words

three.

 

 

When Kyungsoo finds out he prefers men over women, the idea doesn't occur to him like a big epiphany like he thought it would be.

 

Instead, it happens when he's at a jazz bar with Baekhyun on Baekhyun's 21st birthday, slightly inebriated and maybe, his heart is a little bit confused. He feels the tiny stirrings of jealousy when Baekhyun leaves him at their shared table to rush to the door and meet whoever else he's invited for their tiny gathering at the bar.Kyungsoo takes another sip of his vodka cranberry drink and laughs a little too loudly when he sees the unmistakable elf-like ears and the awkward, gangly upper limbs, one arm draped around Baekhyun's shoulders, as the two stumble their way back to the table.

 

"Hey Yeol," Kyungsoo greets the taller man as Baekhyun scrambles back to his seat beside Kyungsoo. "We're glad you could make it."

 

Kyungsoo does not miss the small laugh that escapes Baekhyun's lips as Chanyeol apologizes and seats himself on the other side of Baekhyun. He also does not miss the way Chanyeol is suddenly so closely pressed against Baekhyun's side, too close for his liking, and the jealousy that's burning slowly in the bottom of his stomach intensifies a little.

 

Kyungsoo also doesn't miss the way Chanyeol playfully pecks Baekhyun on the cheek, and he somehow wishes he were bold enough to do that. He pushes these thoughts away because he knows Baekhyun's just his closest friend, and Baekhyun wouldn't appreciate such a gesture from him.

 

What Kyungsoo misses when he looks away to pay attention to the jazz lounge pianist with sun-kissed skin and caramel-colored hair is the way Baekhyun sends a longing glance in his direction, and instead, Chanyeol notices this moment all to well.

 

It's also when Chanyeol realizes that he's never had a shot at winning Baekhyun's heart for himself.

 

Author's note: It's a double update today!! Please read the previous chapter if you haven't read it yet. c: Do you think the story is moving too slowly or too confusingly? Let me know what you think, please. This writing style is entirely new to me, so I really do need some input. Thank you as always ♥