Our Kang Leader

Winner Oneshot Compilations

Pairing: Kangnam, OT5

Genre:Bromance

Summary:The boys of Winner just came back from Weekly Idol's recording. But Kang Leader is not happy.

 

Our Kang Leader

 

"Okay...this is all your schedule for today. You may go back to your dorm after this" Their manager's voice manage to grab the attention of five boys in the van. They are just finished with their Weekly Idol's recording, and currently too tired to respond. They just managed a silence 'yes'. Weekly Idol is their first variety show appearance and they never imagine that it is so hard that they felt breathless all the way while they were recording. Luckily, Defconn and Hyungdon hyung seem to like them, despite their few unsucessful attempts to be funny.

Seungyoon is especially moody since they finished recording. He seems out all the time, not responding to anything. He just stares out of the window, not utter a single word. The maknae takes notice of that, wondering why the usually energetic leader becomes so quiet. Normally no matter how tired he was, he will at least complimented them for job well done or urged them to do better next time. Today, there are none.

"Hyung..can you stop here? I want to get something before going back" Seungyoon suddenly said. All members snap their head to look at Seungyoon, puzzled by his sudden request. There are no shop whatsoever in sight. They are in the middle of nowhere, quite far from their dorm too.

"You are quite tired by the look of it, why don't you just let me get it for you?" Manager hyung said, he eyed Seungyoon from the rear view mirror.

"It's okay hyung. I can get it myself. Can you pull over here please? I need to get some air. I will just walk to the store." Seungyoon said, grabbing his bag and ready to go out. Their manager pull over to the side of the road. Taehyun keep staring at him, reading his expression beyond the poker face that he put on.

"Do come back early Seungyoon ah... We had another schedule tomorrow." His reminder is replied with a quiet yes, before Seungyoon got out from the car. The car slowly moves, leaves the leader behind. Taehyun peeks in the side mirror, and he doesn't like what he see. Drooping shoulder Seungyoon, with grave expression while watching the car moves away.

"Stupid hyung" Taehyun mutters to himself. Does not want to care about it anymore, he closes his eyes, tries to get some sleep.

Not less than 5 minutes later, the car suddenly pulled over again. A member suddenly in need of coffee, urgently.

 


 

"You debuted as Winner with Empty, but in your mind you actually debuted as solo artist with Instinctively"

"Isn't is supposed to be leader's job to be covering for the members? So that it will look more beautiful from the outside"

"This is all Seungyoon's fault"

Seungyoon sighs for the nth times since he starts walking in this empty street. The words keep replaying in his mind, everytime more painful than before. He can't seem to get over it.

"This is all Seungyoon's fault"

He is really sorry towards the maknae. He was basically stand frozen at the sight of Taehyun being hit. All because he is too excited during their random dance play and he exposed Tahyun's mistake. He is supposed to be the leader and the one that cover up for the member. And yet he is the reason their maknae got hurt. Their maknae, the one that he always care dearly. The one that he always thought of as a younger brother that he never have before.

The MCs word also hurt him to the core, almost like he is useless as the leader of the group. He was always been reminded before that he is not the original leader of the group. The second option. Today just proves that he is really not qualified. He is that selfish person. Someone that should not be a leader at the first place. Even some fans said so. He does not has the charisma to be the leader.

He knows he is not supposed to take it too seriously, knowing that it was a variety show. But he cannot help it. It has been his complex since long time ago, since the first time he took the position as their leader. And today he just felt that all his insecurities comes out to surface. A sigh comes out again, quiet loud this time. And uri Taehyunie...poor uri Taehyunie..

"What are you sighing for?" Seungyoon turns back, surprised by the familiar voice. In front of him is his maknae, clearly out of breath after running all the way here. He slowly approaches him, while Seungyoon stays frozen at his place.

"What are you doing here?" Seungyoon asked, clearly puzzled of why Taehyun suddenly appear.

"I need coffee. Let's go together" He then keeps walking ahead, with Seungyoon finally trailing by his side.

 


 

They keep walking side by side for a long minutes. Neither of them bother to utter a single word, both drown to their own thoughts. However, it is not an awkward silence, it's a comfortable one. It had always been like that between the two of them; they never felt the need to keep talking to each other. Both understand each other too well already.

"You know Seungyoon hyung, I felt relieved when you were chosen to be our leader" Taehyun said suddenly, startling Seungyoon. Seungyoon smiles a little, of couse, no one understant Seungyoon better than him.

"It's not that I don't like Mino hyung or he is not a good leader before, but he is more... how should I say it? Enforcing type. Like someone that can be intimidating. And its really not going well, especially with someone as stubborn as me."

"But that is the charisma that people often find appropriate in the leader, don't you think?" Seungyoon said, his voice small and uncertain "I am not like that. I don't have charisma whatsoever. Today I also found out that I'm too selfish. You covered me several times during first segment, but one mistake from you and I was so ready to spill it" He sighs. "I'm sorry Taehyunie...because of me you got hit. Because I'm so bad at variety.."

Taehyun faces the still dejected Seungyoon, and pulls him into a hug. It is so out of his character, but seeing his most respected hyung like this, he cannor bear it.

"You know hyung, it's not your fault." Patting his back, he continue "And you ARE a good leader. Our current group dynamic is already very good. It is comfortable, like we can speak up whatever in our mind and not obliged to just follow your direction. And it suits all of our personality well, don't you think?" Taehyun pulls away but keeps one of his arm still on Seungyoon's shoulder. "Every group has its own dynamic, and for our group, you are the best leader" He smiles encouragingly. Seungyoon smiles a tiny bit smile, felt somehow comforted by the younger's words.

"Thank you, Taehyunie." Seungyoon said, grateful that the maknae goes to such extend to reach out to him. "Its nothing. Besides, the hit that I got earlier was not that hurt." He grins. They continue walking, side by side, to their dorm. Neither one of them remember what they originally intend to get by gotten out from the car earlier.

 


 

Seungyoon and Taehyun come home to the delicious spread of jajangmyun and tangsuyuk on the table in their living room. And also to the three pabo hyungs that currently laughing their off to some reality show on the laptop.

"Oh you came back" Jinwoo said cheerily, temporarily shifts his attention from his laptop towards the two maknaes. "Come... Let's eat"

Seungyoon grins widely upon seeing the food. He doesn't eat much during dinner, so late night meal is most welcome. All five of them surrounds the table, mixing their jajangmyun vigorously.

"So leader... are you okay now?" Seunghoon said, stuffing his jajangmyun into his mouth. His words barely come out between his food.

Seungyoon smiles. He knows the meal is somewhat to cheer him up. He felt grateful to , and no words that he said can describe it. So he just enjoys this little gesture they threw at him, and promise himself to be a better leader for them.

"Yah Song Minho! Stop eating too much. Your face will bloat tomorrow!" Seungyoon nags at Minho, who is currently inhaling tangsuyuk and also finished off Jinwoo's jajangmyun. "Senghoon hyung...can you eat properly?You spill the gravy! This is a new carpet!"

Minho rolled his eyes "Seems like he just comes back to normal. He becomes Kang nag again"

"Maybe it's better if he is in foul mood right?" Seunghoon adds, grinning. All other members chuckled.

Seungyoon just laughs it off. At least, I had 4 other brothers with me. Everything is going to be okay.

 

 

 

Author's note

Okay, finish with the second story. This is based on the Weekly Idol episode. Taehyun got hit in that (by a plastic hammer) and Seungyoon's expression just pure horror, together with Minho. I always see Seungyoon to be especially caring towards Taehyun, and Taehyun obviously adores and respects Seungyoon, hence the story. And yes, I'm a KangNam shipper. Hehe :)

And about the leader thing, I often heard that many prefer Mino as leader (charismatic, had leader aura etc) but in my opinion Seungyoon is doing a great job leading the group. So I hope fans can stop point that out. I think that with so many people pointing that out, Seungyoon may have heard it somewhere. And I don't think he will feel good about it. Inner circles, just support Winner wholeheartedly okay?Don't let your biasness blurring the other members. Not that it is easy to pick a bias anyway :P

So..happy reading! Do subscribe and leave you comment! Thank you!