Midnight picnic

Winner Oneshot Compilations

Pairing: Seungyoon,Eunji

Genre: Fluff, romance

 

 

 

Food done.

Gifts done.

Disguise done.

Seungyoon took a glance at his watch. Its 11.30 PM. Better get going now

All members leisurely gather together in the living room, chatting and eating take away. Since they finished their schedule quite early today, they had time to spend it freely. Usually they just came home to sleep.

"Seungyoon hyung, going somewhere?" Taehyun asks, seeing him properly disguised with hat and mask. He stops on his tracks. Other members also suddenly pay attention to him. He smiles sheepishly, even though he knows the members can't see it.

"Well... you know. Its been a long time since I see her. So..." He said, while brushing his nape. He proceed to move to the front door, carefully choosing which shoes to wear.

"Wah...going on date? Good for you then. I'm jealous!" Mino said, pouting. Seungyoon just smiles. Among the members, Mino is the lady killer. Opposite of that tittle, he surprisingly had least experience when it comes to dating. He is naturally friendly among the ladies, but no one seems to be taken him seriously to be a boyfriend.

"Be careful yoonie. Paparazzi can be everywhere. Sasaeng fans too," Jinwoo lectures. He nods his head, replying yes while putting on his shoes.

"Say hello to Eunji. We should hang out together. We are hometown friends after all" Seughoon mumbled, with his mouth still full with food. Seungyoon can't barely hears him, but not bother to ask. He takes one last look on his reflection in the mirror on the front door, and take off.

He misses her and can't wait to see her. Finally. He smiles to himself, excited with the date.

 


 

Eunji looks around the abandoned park, alternately looking at her watch. She sits on one of the bench, waiting for his boyfriend to come. She misses him, its really been  a while since they met. Though once they met, they spend time arguing with each other most of the times. Its the nature of their relationship, even when they love each other a lot.

When she thinks about it, they really going through a lot of things together. Coming to Seoul at a very young age, she felt lose and scared sometimes. Having Seungyoon as her only hometown friend during training before debut somehow gives her strength. They support each other like no other, both had trouble with dancing and adjusting to Seoul dialect. Unknowingly, their friendship blossomed to love, and when he confessed to her while serenading her through the phone, she felt that she was the happiest girl in the world.

Its been almost 4 years since then.

During those years, they had broken up several times. But everytime, they will found their way to each other again. It must be love, huh. Eunji smiles to herself.

During interviews, she was always asked about her ideal type. And everytime she was asked, she will describe him.

"Well...My ideal will be someone with single eye lid, high nose bridge and nice smile"

"My ideal type? Must be manly, Busan style man"

"I want someone that I can be comfortable with, someone like a friend to me"

 

Eunji is woken up from her memories when she realized a black figure approaching the park. She can tell that its Seungyoon, despite him being under disguise. She can almost see him smiles through the mask, his eyes forming crescent shape and its side crinkle. That figure waving his hands together with the paper bags that he holds. This idiot. He tooks off his mask, revealing bright smiled Seungyoon, approaching her and put down the paper bags.

"Ddukbokki, red bean stuffed bun and fried chicken. What did you bring?" Eunji eyes sparkled, she loves fried chicken.

"Well... I bought your nasi goreng? And your vanilla latte. And also some kimchi my mom send to you. We can eat it and you can take home the remaining. But before that.." She suddenly stands up and pulls Seungyoon into a tight hug. Seungyoon chuckled, startled by her random action. He hugs her back.

"I miss you, Kang Seungyoon shi. Just saying" Eunji whispered, her face buries on his chest. Seungyoon smiles, its rare for Eunji to be this affectionate. She usually don't really say it, she just shows it through her action. But now that he got double treat, she must be missing him so much. And he will not complain about that.

"I miss you too, Jung Eunji shi" Seungyoon pulls away, their hands still on each other's waist. He then pecks her lips. "Lets eat, shall we?"

 


 

They are chatting while eating, sometimes arguing about something, sometimes just staring into the other's eyes while the other one talking. Seungyoon missed this. Ever since his debut, they cannot do it as often anymore. And the moment that seems normal for them before, become their most treasured moment.

"And you know... she just kept glaring at me. I got a fright from that" Seungyoon just listens to her, sometimes responding to her when necessary. But most of the time, he just stares at her. Her smile. Her laugh. Her animated expression when she tried to explain something. He loves all of them.

Truthfully, she is not the most beautiful person that he known. He had been in this industry for too long already, before debuted with Winner. And this industry is really packed with beautiful people but somehow, they never attract him. Eunji is not the usual standard for korean beauty. She does not has double eyelid, her nose is small and she is not skinny like most idols. She also had quite tomboyish personality, unlike fairy like image Apink is into.

But, she is charming. The most charming girl he ever met. She is always real, never pretends to be somebody she is not. She is naturally caring, and her nature got his mother's love as well. She is probably the only girl that his mom will ever approve of to be her daughter in law. And when she smiles, she lights up everything near her.

This girl is currently eating chicken wing, with red sauce all over . And he still found it to be charming and beautiful. It must be love.

He extends his hand to grab a piece of tissue, quickly wipes off the sauce from . "Can you be more ladylike? Geez... No girlfriend will eat like that in front of her boyfriend you know" She glares at him, but only momentarily. She continues eating her chicken, while Seungyoon let out a chuckle.

"You love me anyway. No need to protect my image or what." She said confidently, and Seungyoon can't argue with that. He does loves this girl, monster eater or not.

 


 

"You know, there is this place that I went to at Japan, I hope we can go together someday. Its really beautiful" Seungyoon said, intertwining their hands together. They just finished their 'picnic', and just sit together leisurely. He doesn't has schedule tomorrow, and Eunji has late schedule, so they plan to stay together longer. Eunji leaned her head on his shoulder, muttering hmm in response. This action never failed to make his heart flutters.

"Eunji yah?" Seungyoon glances to his side, and found his girlfriend fall asleep on his shoulder. He let out a sigh, draping his hands on her shoulder. She must be tired, with her japanese debut and korean performances. Not to mention she also had her japanese lessons and solo album recording.

And their midnight picnic ends like that, with Eunji in his arms, sleeping soundly.

 

 

 

 

"Kang Seungyoon shi, what type of woman that you do not like?" Seungyoon was asked in the radio show.

"Well... I don't like beautiful girl. Too beautiful that her charms cannot be seen. I prefer charming girl. With nice smile"


 

 

 

Author's note

Okay...First of all I apologized if there is any grammar mistake, or awkward sentences. I don't really edit this after writing it. And english is also not my first language so I hope you understand.

Seungyoon and Eunji are friends in real life. She even dominated him to do ice bucket challenge. I think that they will be very cute together hence the story :)

Their ideal types and activities is taken from their real life interviews. I found it amusing that they fit the story well (I ship these 2 after that)

Do leave comment. Even critisicm is okay, I want to improve my writing.

Thank you!