Embarrassing Encounter

Noona over flowers

 

Sooyoung stares blankly ahead in the practice room and thought about her problems.

Few days ago Sooyoung found out that Kyung ho has been cheating on her with his co-worker, it was heartbreaking but they decided to sort it out and Kyung ho said that he stopped seeing her since the drama just ended and he begged to give him a chance.
But Sooyoung decided for them to not see each other for while and shakily said to give her some time to think.
Despite having a hard time with her relationship, Sooyoung kept practicing and practicing for the year-end performance, She hoped through that she would forget her problems,but to no avail.

"Oh,you're early."

She snapped out of her reverie and  looked at the 'intruder'

Sooyoung masked her emotion and rose an eyebrow at her  "Mm,what about you? this is VERY unusual for you to get up so early Jessica." she said jokingly
Jessica  took off her jacket and tied it around her waist and shrugged "The performance will be my first since 2 month,i guess i'm excited!" 

Sooyoung chuckled and then the door opened again and welcomed the other members.

"Good morning" they all said in unison.

Taeyeon looked at each of them and stopped at Jessica,then they both smile to each other.
"Let's practice!" 

 


The practice was over and everyone was resting and drinking water.

They were all gathered in one place except Sooyoung who was staring at her water bottle for who knows why.

Yoona noticed this and got worried "Unnies,don't you think Soo unnie's been acting weird lately?" she asked them in a low voice.

Yuri nodded "Yeah,and she made the most mistake today,but she's been practicing more than us" The other agreed silently and glanced at Sooyoung.

Suddenly,Sooyoung stood up "I'll be going now." she said and she gathered her things.

"Wait Unnie,we have something to ask you." Yoona told sooyoung.

"Eoh?" Sooyoung answered while searching for her jacket.

"Did something bad happen? you've been odd these days." Taeyeon asked and made sooyoung froze in surprised.

She turned around and said nervously "N-no,what made you think so?" 
"You're stuttering!" Tiffany exclaimed

Hyoyeon too said "You don't stutter Choi Sooyoung! something must've happen!"

Sooyoung gave an awkward chuckle and told them "Ridiculous,you guys are just seeing things,i'm fine nothing happened." 

She spotted her jacket she took it and quickly make her exit before storm of questions comes.

 


The next day was not much different than yesterday.

Only that the others have tight schedule so Sooyoung was practicing alone.

Sooyoung glance at her phone and saw that it's already late, she quickly pack her things and stepped out of the room.

Beep Beep

She stopped walking and check her phone.
1 New Message

She tilted her head at the unknown number, she clicks it and her breathing hitched as she read it.

"I see you two haven't break up yet,weird. who wouldn't want to leave an ugly girl like you? he's with me anyway,Do stay away from him."

Then another message came.

A picture.

It was a picture of a half- girl and a half- sleeping Kyung Ho.

Her body became limp and her legs gave out,she can't hold it anymore. She couldn't

And now it's just her and her misery,tears that she's been holding for a long time flowed rapidly.

She doesn't care where she is,doesn't care who heard her loud sobs,she released it all out.

 


Meanwhile in EXO's practice room,Everyone was gathering around for a little meeting.

"Today was our last practice,and since everyone is going to get busy ,the concert is two weeks ahead,i just want to say don't forget to practice if you have time,even one or  two minutes, Ne?" Suho said as if saying it to an entire army.

"Ne!" they said in unison and got ready to head home.
Xiumin slides open the door and they all step out.

A sob.
Then everyone was surprised.

There,in front of them was a woman crying her lungs out.

"Who is it?" Luhan asked quietly to Sehun who was in the front.

Sehun turns his head slightly and said in a hushed voice "I'm not sure,hyung"

They flinched when the girl gave a loud sob.

Kris then approched the girl and asked in a gentle voice "Are you okay miss-"

Then it happened so fast, the girl suddenly and so quickly stood up and accidently hit her head hard on Kris's chin.

 


"OUCH!"

"ARGH!" 

Sooyoung was rubbing her head while Kris was rubbing his chin.

The others hurriedly went to Kris.

"You okay,hyung?" Kyungsoo asked him a little worried while the others was holding back their laugh,snorts was even heard at the time.
Kris glared at them "I dare you to laugh!" he shouted blatantly

"Yah! shut up will you?! my head is in pain!" 

Every head turned automatically to the voice.
"Sooyoung-sunbaenim!" they all said simultaneously except Kris who was probably dumbfounded.

Sooyoung stared at them and cocked an eyebrow "Ne,it's me.why?" she asked annoyed and unknown to her, her cheeks was teribbly wet.

"You were crying Sooyoung-sunbaenim" Sehun spoke out.

Sooyoung's eyes widened and she quickly lied "A-aniyo! i wasn't crying!"
Each of them exchanged a look at the obvious lie.
"But-"

"Why are you guys still here? it's already late!" Sooyoung quickly change the subject.
They blinked several times and can't help but go with it.

"O-oh,we practiced a bit longer today." Suho told her

Sehun glanced downward and picked up something.

Sooyoung nodded and said "Oh,arasseo. i have to go now"

"Sunbaenim, what's this?" Sehun said while looking at something in his hand.

Sooyoung  turns to him and she felt the world crashing down and in a blink of an eye,she quickly took the phone from him and slapped him.

PAK!

Everyone was shocked to even move a muscle and just stare with eyes wide open.

"You shouldn't invade someone's privacy!!" Sooyoung yelled and she ran away.

Sehun raised his hand to his left cheek and his eye twitched when he felt the pain.

"What just happened?" Lay asked no one in particular.
"I don't know,you okay Sehun?" Said Kai

Sehun nodded "Eoh,nan gwaenchanha"

"What did you saw?" Chanyeol asked in curiosity

Sehun hesitated to tell them and decided to lie "Nothing."

They blinked at his attempt of lying, "Don't lie to us Seh-"

"Really it was nothing! i'll go first then!" Sehun cut off Chen's sentence and walks away in deep thought.

 


Sooyoung ruffles her blanket and change her sleeping position.

One Two Three Four-

She quickly sat up and grunted.
Sooyoung can't sleep, she couldn't sleep not because she was sad but because she felt ashamed and guilty.

T-they saw me crying and what more...i slapped an innocent dongsaeng! Sooyoung thought in horror and covered her face with her hair, I have to apologize tomorrow...yes, apologize.. 

Then she let her body rest and could finally sleep.



Sooyoung doesn't know what to do.
In front of her was EXO's room door and she's just standing there unmoving.

Maybe i shouldn't do this, that Sehun kid wasn't so innocent right? he read my message! he's the one who should be apologizing! Sooyoung thought back again 'But they asked if i was okay...they were probably worried and was scared last night...' Sooyoung leaned her head on the door and sighed in uncertainty.

'I'll bear with it just for today!' Then she straighten her body and slide open the door,quickly went inside and bowed 90 degrees and she shouted "I'M SORRY FOR LAST NIGHT!"

"And thank you for worrying last night! i appreciate it! and i'm very sorry for the slap....thingy" She continued while closing her eyes tightly.

Silence

Sooyoung open one eye and slowly look up.

And she gaped

There was no one around but her.

"Eshh! just wasting my great speech!" she yelled irritatingly and turned around to leave.

But instead of passing an air, she bumped into something hard.

"Oh,why are you here Sooyoung-sunbaenim?" asked a man's husky voice.

a man's husky voice!

Sooyoung yelped and immediately jump backward but she slipped and fell painfully on her .

 


-FREE PERSPECTIVE-

Sehun stopped walking when he saw the door was open and thought that one of his hyung probably came to practice.
He continued walking towards the room.

At first he was surprised to see a girl in the room.
And was more surprised to know it was SNSD Sooyoung from yesterday and voiced his shock but the girl suddenly jumped backward and fell.

"Bwak!"

"Oh!" Sehun quickly went to her and crouched in front of her and they locked gazes  "Are you oka-" he couldn't finish his sentence when she stood up and bowed to him.

"I'm so sorry for slapping you last night!" 

She said it so quickly that he wouldn't have heard if he wasn't paying attention.
He hurriedly stood up and bowed too "N-no,it was my fault, i shouldn't read your message!"

Sooyoung raised her body and crossed her arms together "Yes that's right,now that we've forgiven each other i'll take my leave now." she said bossily and walked passed him to leave but she stopped when she felt something on her wrist.

She slowly look at her wrist and saw that Sehun was holding it.
"What are you doing?" She asked panickedly

Sehun too raise his body and gaze intensely at her "Sooyoung-sunbaenim,your boyfriend cheated on you,Ne?"

Sooyoung bow her head and nodded "Eoh,it's my fault anyway,i was always busy whenever he asks me out..."

Sehun knit his eyebrows together "So did you break up with him?"
Instead of answering, Sooyoung simply stare at him blankly.

"Oh!" Sehun let go of his hold from her wrist and apologized "I'm sorry i shouldn't ask that."

Sooyoung turn around to face him and said "Aniya,it's okay,but no I haven't broken up with him,i don't know what to do, i..." Tears were threatening to fall, Sooyoung tried to hold it,but speaking of Kyung  Ho shattered her heart.

She let the tears flow and she cried heavily.

Sehun then got panic "S-sunbaenim..." He doesn't know what to say, he has never been in this situation before..

Sooyoung choked a sob and said "I-i loved him and i never knew he was with someone else,i don't k-know what to d-do.." she said in-between her cries.

Sehun tried to think of what to do... what would they do if someone cries if front of them?! she's still crying!  arghh think sehun! think! Then he suddenly remembered how his mother used to calm him whenever he was crying when he was just a child.

Sehun slowly took a step forward and hugs her from around her shoulders and bring her closer.
Sooyoung's watery eyes widened.

Sehun hesitated on what he was going to say "It's okay N-noona,i'll be here for you.."

Sooyoung relaxed but was still crying,everything about Kyung Ho dissapeared at that moment and she only thought about how warm his body is, she slowly raise her hands and gripped his shirt  tightly.

"T-thank you" Sooyoung managed to say and cracked a hidden smile.

 


"So how many songs are you going to perform?"

Sooyoung and Sehun is sitting next to each other with a respectful distance

After a long minutes of crying, Sooyoung has calmed down and they are now talking  to each other and got closer in a short amount of time.

"Just one and a remix." He answered "What about Noona?" 

Sooyoung smile and said "Same with us,i'm glad uri agency are giving it easier this year"

Sehun nodded and changed the subject "What are you going to do about him,Noona?"

Sooyoung didn't need to ask who he was talking about and answered "I decided what's best...i'm going to sort it out tomorrow" she said confidently

Sehun however didn't appear convinced and he pressed on "Are you sure? you don't have to consider of his feelings you know...-"

"Ne,i know. don't worry" Sooyoung said gently and stood up, Sehun following suit.

Sooyoung put two fingers under her chin and voice her thoughts "Why don't we practice together here? i use earphone so don't worry" she grinned

"Oh you're right! i'll do it over there then." He agreed and head over to his side.


Sooyoung finish her remaining water and sighed, she glanced over at Sehun who was still practicing non-stop, she's been telling him to rest but he refused and said that it's how he practices so she leave it at that.

Sooyoung stood up and remove her earphone "Sehun-ah,i'll be going now"

Sehun immediately stop dancing and nodded "Ne,take care Noona."

She smiled "Eoh,you too." she went to door and waved at him.

He smile and bowed a little.

"I'm sorry if you're surprised of today's event,i won't be offended if today was not a good day for you" Sooyoung said and ended it with an awkward chuckle.

"No-" He raised his head when he heard the door crack close.

Sehun sighed then sit down "-knowing you today is the best day ever.." he said to himself with a small smile "and i can't wait for tomorrow."