Don't Be a Stranger

It Feels Like I Have Everything

I would be lying if I said I didn't think about what Leo had said. I'd really be lying if I said he was wrong. Good things happen to those who wait. He wasn't saying stop trying and everything you want in life will eventually come to you. You have to try. Leo told me I was trying too hard and then again not really trying at all. Yeah I had dated in the past, but like the last one I just jumped into them. There had to be more of something. Was it feeling? Sense? Was Leo telling me I had no common sense? 

I glanced around the marketplace I was currently wandering around. I was supposed to be picking up ingredients for dinner throughout the week.  Yet I was more consumed with my thoughts than with the delicious smells of each stand. 

I noticed a few people were giving me weird looks. This told me I was making faces while I was lost in my thoughts. I shrugged it off though. It happens. 

I decided to pick up a small snack seeing as I was shopping on an empty stomach and I was now fully focused on grocery shopping.  I couldn't afford to buy out the whole market,  as much as I would love to. However that dream will have to stay a dream. Food in my stomach needed to become a reality NOW.

I walked over to a stand with ddeobokki and order myself two orders, one for now and one for home. I munched on my first order as I waited for my second.

I could hear someone starting to raise their voice. I turned my head as I heard that person call out to whomever they were with. The other person was headed for this stand from the sounds of it.

"Taekwoon, wait!  We can get that later! Yah!" 

It sounded like a mother speaking to her disobedient child however it was not a child that appeared the ddeobokki stand.

"Leo-ssi?" I almost choked on my spicy rice cakes. 

The man looked at me and it took himself a moment to recognize me. "Sookjoo-ssi? "

The one that had been calling out to Leo has finally caught up to him and hit his arm. "Aish. Seriously Taekwoon." I recognized the tan man as VIXX's leader, N. The same man that would drag Leo out of the cafe some nights. He bowed politely and shared a more cheerful shocked expression than the one Leo wore. "You're the barista at the café our Woonie adores so much."

I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks and I could see one tinted Leo's as well. "Yes I am. And you're Hakyeon-ssi,  the one that drags Leo-ssi out all the time."

N laughed and I could see Leo just wanted to disappear. "Well he should watch the clock better. Some nights I run into him when I'm on my way down to get him. Is he meeting with someone? "

Leo shoved N and snatched the credit card that he was holding,  handing it to the man working behind the stand. I hadn't even heard him place an order. 

"No. Usually he is our only customer that sits inside that late."  Leo passed me my order of ddeobokki to go as he grabbed his order. "Oh thank you."

"You know you can kick him out, right? He'll probably listen to you better than us." N teased.

I laughed. "I doubt that."

Leo started to walk away and N sighed with a smile. "Give me your phone. I'll give you my number and if he's ever a bother for you just give me a ring."

"Oh really,  it's alright. You don't have to " How could he be so trusting? What if my coworker found out that I had his number?  She'd flip. 

"Give me your phone, Sookjoo-ssi. "

Assuming Leo had told him my name I handed over my phone in exchange for his. We punched in our numbers and passed our phones back to each other. 

"Don't be a stranger now." N waved as he ran to catch up with Leo, who had made a few other purchases by now. 

I didn't see Leo at the café anytime I had worked the rest of the week. My coworker had convinced herself that it was because VIXX was working on a comeback. That wasn't even close to a possibility though. They just had a comeback end a few weeks ago. I checked. I knew why he wasn't coming in. It was because of me. N probably told him that he gave me his number and he's probably embarrassed. 

I felt my face heat up as I thought about N giving me his phone number. I couldn't stop my mind from wandering - wondering what kind of person Hakyeon was,  how a eccentric guy like him managed to stay friends with a quiet guy like Leo.

"Hey, tell me about VIXX. " I couldn't help myself and by the look on my coworker's face I could tell I was about to learn WAY too much. 

"Any questions?" She asked once she had finished her lecture that had managed to pass two, almost three, hours of our shift - not saying she paused whIle making a customer's drink. 

"How and why do you know so much about them." I shouldn't have asked. 

"Because I'm a starlight. I should know all that. Why are you asking all of a sudden." Uh oh. 

"Conversation." I felt my phone notify me I had a text message. 

Is Taekwoon there? None of us can reach him T-T ~ N oppa

Leo hadn't placed an order and I'm sure we would have noticed him walk in. I looked at all the tatables anyway, but he didn't sit at any of them. Maybe he's walking up now, I thought to myself as I made my way from behind the counter to the door. 

"Sookjoo-ssi,  what's the matter? Are you expecting someone?"

I ignored her as I flew open the door -almost hitting Leo in the process.

"Oh my...I am so sorry!" I apologized,  hands flying to my face in shock.

Leo grabbed my wrists and lowered my hands to my sides. He looked me in the eyes, searching my expression before he asked anything. I looked him up and down. He wore jogging pants and a hoodie. His hair was a bit disheveled so I assumed he had gone for a run. Other than that his expression shown worry - worry for me.

"Hakyeon-ssi texted me." I blurted out before he could speak.  "He asked if you were here because he couldn't get a hold of you."

Leo scoffed and ruffled my hair. "Doesn't mean you should panic. I'm here. I'm okay. Tell him I'll be back after you close up."

I nodded and ran back inside, Leo not too far behind. I felt so stupid. I got worried about Leo. I could feel my coworker's confusion and jealous as I walked back behind the counter. The look on her face told me she thought one, Leo and I had exchanged numbers and two, I was waiting for Leo to show up today meaning to her we are involved with each other in some way. Great.

 

A/N: Hello Readers, thank you for reading this chapter. I'm sorry for the delay of an update. Haven't been too motivated to write in my free time but I hope to have another chapter out next week. Thank you for subscribing :) Please anticipate the next chapter!