Autumn

Seasons

Autumn

It was the beginning of the end, Woohyun thought as he took a stroll around the park. A lot of trees are already shredding their leaves leaving bland almost lifeless barks on their wake. The man couldn’t help the cynical smile that grazed his lips.

This was why he hated autumn; it was during this season when change was apparent. And if there is anything more he hated then it was things that he had no control over – change and time bring one of them.

The constant buzz on his phone was unending, but he paid it no mind – let the person on the other side rot for all he cares. It wasn’t his fault this time – he reminded himself with a huff – why wouldn’t the other listen to him anyway? Must he always submit?

A lone tear escaped from his eye as he remembered the times when he and his boyfriend first started, they were so happy and perfect what happened to that? He furiously wiped that tear away. What was the point of reminiscing about the past anyway? It is called past for a reason – it would be much better if he forgot about it already and go back to the present.

Despite all his previous musings, later that night, he still found himself wrapped back on the arms of the person who forced him to such thoughts – eyes closing with knowledge that by tomorrow, the day’s events would repeat itself like on repeat. After all, it looked like that’s the only thing he and his boyfriend do these days – fight. And each one of those was making the feelings Woohyun once held before for his boyfriend slowly diminish.