Encounters

Journey

 

Most of the plane ride consisted of Changmin eating and sleeping, and the plane was landing before he could even fall in to deep sleep.

 

The moment he left the plane, warm air hit him on the face. 

That was when the realisation really came to him him.

He's away form his home and work, on a seven days vacation with him himself only.

 

Taking a big breath he made his way out of the airport.

 

The taxi drove him to a fancy hotel, looking better than the pictures he found on the internet. «Hotel Paradise» was written on the glass door he entered. It smelled nice inside, a combination of jasmin and lavender that made his slightly tensed shoulder more relaxed.

 

He went up to the reception desk, got his hotel room keys, chatted a bit with the receptionist and left to check out his room. When he saw the big fluffy bed in his room he couldn't hold himself back from jumping on the bed like an overenthusiastic kid, only to tire himself out.

 

And so the first day was spent sleeping. The nightmares came knocking on his door, but his brain was too tired to let them in.

 

~ * ~

 

Changmin groaned when his alarm shrieked, he turned it off quickly and let himself laze on the bed for a while, stretching his long limbs. He walked over to the balcony, to open the sceen doors. The scenery that greeted him was breathtaking. It was a great view over the beach, a cloudless blue sky divided by the the carribean blue water stretching out to where the eyes couldn't see, tall coconut tree's placed side by side and white sand he just coudn't wait to sink his toes in. He was so captivated by the view, that he didn't remember his starved self before his stomach made a grumbling noise.

 

He took a quick shower, changed into khaki shorts and a v-necked white t-shirt, and made his way downstairs to find something to eat. The breakfast buffet made his mouth water. After stacking up several plates with food, he seated himself on a table by the window. Humming happily to himself, he stuffed his face in the plates.

 

A while into the feasting someone appeared by his side. Changmin's entire focus was on the food in front of him so naturally he didn't notice anything or anyone.

 

«Good morning sir. May I take your plates?» a soft buttery voice asked him in broken English, interupting him in his food-eating-trance. Sticking up his head, his mouth still full of food, he coughed. He did not expect the site infront of him.

 

Changmin started to cough harder.

 

The waiter looked worried and tried to help him, giving him water and softly patting his back asking again in that nice voice. «Sir, are you okay?»

 

Changmin finally coming back to his senses nodded, his face flushed, red as a tomato. The man in front of him was... stunning. A small face, medium length auburn hair with highlights and he was tall. Maybe a bit shorter than himself.

 

The classic black and white waiter outfit just fit him so perfectly.

 

Yes, it does definitely fit him. Changmin thought while looking at the muscles that was stretching the fabric on his arm. He had a mole over his lips, and after staring at his lips for some seconds or minutes,he didn't even know anymore. He startled, and remembered that he was... very obviously... staring.

 

Gathering himself he tried to focus on the waiters whole face, and Changmin's face got a shade redder watching the shy but smug look the waiter gave him.

 

He wanted to sink into the ground.

 

«Where are you from sir?» the waiter asked while cleaning up his table, and Changmin couldn't help but notice the large beautiful hands picking up the plates.

 

He had to pinch his thigh to keep sane and not jump on the stranger. I need to get laid.

 

«I'm from South Korea.» He answered with an awkward smile, using the other hand with the fork to play with the food left on his plate. The waiter stopped up and looked at him, his mouth in shape of an «o».

 

It was cute, Changmin wanted to pinch those chubby cheeks.

 

I'm officially going insane.

 

«I'm from South Korea as well!» the man said in Korean, grinning.

 

Perfect teeths as well dammit!

 

« Really! That's nice!» You're nice.

 

Changmin was five seconds from slapping himself.

 

«Yes! I hope you liked the food, and enjoy the rest of your day sir!» The waiter looked at him for a bit, and then smiled widely, his almond eyes smiling with him.

 

He bowed politely and left. Changmin almost swooned. He didn't even notice that the waiter had left him, and he was staring at air.

 

~ * ~

 

 

Changmin decided to tour around in the hotel that day. It was pretty big, enough to keep him entertained for a day. He made good use of the spa and later also went outside to find a comfortable place to read a book.

 

 

To his disappointment he didn't see the cute waiter again that day.

 

 

~ * ~

 

So far he was satisfied. It was only the third day, but he already felt much better, compared to before. It did worry him a bit. He had to go back after this week and start to solve his problems. As his friend said, he can't be like this anymore.

 

His phone rang.

 

Speaking of the devil.

 

« Hey Kyu!»

 

«Hiii Changmin-aaaah! How is Bali!?» his enthusiasm was expressed in volume, and Changmin had to put his hand over the phone to save his ears.

 

He heard a muffled «Changmin-ah, you there?»

 

«You're killing my ears!!!» he huffed, shuffling over to the bedside.

 

«I'm doing good, this place is literally paradise» he said, balancing the phone on his shoulder and head while rummaging trough his suitcase for something to wear.

 

«Nice! I'm jealouuuusss, I need to go on a vacation as well soon. Any eye candies worthy your attention there?» Changmin could imagine his bestfriend wriggling his eyebrows while saying that.

 

Thinking about the incident that happened the other day, he blushed. Rated mental images of the waiter running trough his head.

 

Yes, I definitely need to get laid.

 

«Changmin-ah are you ok?» Kyuhyun sounded a bit worried.

 

«Huh?... Oh, yes I am perfectly fine. Actually, I saw this... waiter yesterday. And yeh he was... hella hot» Changmin mumbled the last part like it was some kind of a secret he was ashamed of.

 

«Ooo, this is your chance man! You got the time for relaxing and romancing ~ Go get some while you can!!»

 

Changmin chuckled, shaking his head. «I made a total fool of myself in front of him. So don't get ahead of yourself Kyu.»

 

Who would find a person attractive after witnessing them spitting food all over the place, and then blatantly ogle at you like a starved ert, Shim Changmin.

 

Changmin sighed.

 

«Eyy, don't be so pesimistic, it couldn't have been that baad! Anyways, enjoy your day Chami!!! Bye ~» Kyuhyun ended the call before he could even answer him.

 

After dry blowing his hair and making himself ready for the day, he walked down to the breakfeast buffett. As expected the selection today was also delicious, stuffing himself with food, he was careful this time to look after his surroundings. He was especially careful when he saw the backs of the waiters. Who knew when he would come.

 

Not that he hoped for him to come or anything.

 

It was like someone heard his thoughts.

 

The hot waiter was coming his way.

 

Changmin tried to make himself mentally prepeared this time, trying to block out every wrong thoughts. He bowed to Changmin, and flashed an award winning smile, doing nothing to calm his already racing heart.

 

«Good morning sir! Did you have a good sleep?» the waiter said tilting his head sligthly, his hands clasped behind his back.

 

Changmin's brain went on standstill.

 

«Uhm, yes I did have a good sleep. Thank you.» He sounded too stiff. Why was nothing going his way when this man appeared.

 

The waiter started to stack up his plates «That's good! Do you have any spesific plans today sir?»

 

«I was thinking of walking around in town. Just to get used to the place you know?» he said daring to look at the mans face.

 

«I see... If you need brochures you can get them at the reception. And ...umm... if you want, you can also come by the hotel bar tonight. I will be working there today.» The man looked shy and almost a bit hopeful while saying that.

 

The waiter his lips and gave Changmin a small smile. «I hope you enjoy your day sir.» he said finally, before turning around with two busy hands trying to balance the mountain of plates.

 

Changmin was definitely going to the bar tonight.