hurt

bad; girls

A/N; I apologize for taking so long. Hope I'll be able to make for it. Enjoy.


 

"Did you rat me out?"

 

Wendy's head snapped to look at Joohyun with wide eyes, but then her expression relaxed and she finished taking the straps off and throwing them on the ground.

 

"."

 

She sighed out, buried her hands in the pockets of her jeans and stared at the ground.

 

"I didn't expect you'd figure it out this soon. I can see why they're after you."

 

Joohyun scoffed almost too aggressively and crossed her arms on her chest. "Are you ing kidding me?"

 

Wendy's expression turned into a guilty grimace as she tried to stare a hole into the ground. Maybe she could fall trough it to the planet's core and burn. That's what she wished she could do anyway.

 

"So when you said that you could report me, on the phone. You weren't kidding."

 

Transffering her weight from one leg to the other, Joohyun continued to give the other woman a glare that could kill.

 

Wendy's head shot up again to meet Joohyun's eyes. "No! No, I- I was kidding. I just..." She trailed off, considering any other option how to explain herself and her head sinking down once more.

 

"I panicked, okay?"

 

She really couldn't think of any other way to say it.

 

"I panicked. Because, after you called, I had a thought. What if you only wanted to meet me so you could... I don't know, kill me for seeing who you were. Or something."

 

Joohyun's response was a slightly quirked eyebrow, a "Then why the would I—" and then an overly exaggarated grunt and a facepalm.

 

"I'm really sorry." Wendy tried to sound as sincere and guilty as she felt, and she succeeded. Joohyun shouldn't be affected by that but— those feelings weren't important right now.

 

"Well," The thief released one hand from her tight grip around herself to run it through her hair. "that's awfully considerate of you." The sarcasm in her voice was so thick you could cut it with a knife. And it definitely didn't make Wendy feel any better. Not that anything could.

 

So she tried to change the subject, devastation blinding her better judgement. "What do we do now?" She asked too hopefully, looking up at the other woman again.

 

But Joohyun's face was a full on poker face, not giving away any of her possible feelings. Of which there was a lot, but Wendy didn't know that.

 

"Now, you get the out of here. The exit's right over there." Barely moving her lips and her voice expression-less, Joohyun lifted one finger, signalizing the direction of the door. Wendy slowly turned her head towards  it but didn't move. Like her body didn't want her to leave. Her mind didn't either.

 

"For 's sake Seunghwan, go!"

 

The sudden mention of her full name surprised both of them, but Joohyun didn't bother showing it.

 

"I can't even look at your stupid face right now."

 

That was a lie and Joohyun knew it, but she couldn't help it. Closing up into herself was one defensive mechanism that she was sure worked.

 

So Wendy mouthed out an "okay" and made her way towards the exit. When she opened it, the light hit her eyes and blinded her for a moment before she could see the set of stairs in front of her. She looked back, partly hoping that the other woman would at least be looking back at her, partly knowing that she wouldn't. The latter part was right.

 

So she walked out of the parking lot, feeling hurt, but leaving an even more hurt Joohyun standing there with her eyes fixed on the ground and her arms folded on her chest, who absent-mindedly  ran her hand through her hair again, out of habit, and then covered her face with that hand.

 

She tried to fight it, really, but one tear managed to escape her eye.

 

***

 

Joohyun stayed standing there for another minute. Or more. She didn't even know. She was too focused on not crying.

 

"!" She exclaimed to snap herself out of this— whatever this was. It wasn't like her, at all. These "feelings"? They were for other people. Weaker people. Not her.

 

She rubbed her palms on her face, getting rid of the annoying wetness around her eyes, and combed out her hair with her fingers. Then she glanced around and quickly found what she was looking for: her motorbike.

 

Settling herself onto the familiar leather seet and pulling the black helmet over her head, she started listing all the possible destinations where she could go, since her home wasn't one of them. She decided that there is only one place she actually wants to be at right now as she got the engine running.

 

The bar.

 

***

 

Wendy tried to not be one of those people who make their sorrows go away by getting drunk alone in her home. She really tried. And failed miserably.

 

A can of beer was the very first thing she took in her hand right after she entered the appartment and finished it on the spot, in front of the refrigerator. Then she found another one. And another one. And so on. When she ran out of beer to drink, she looked for something stronger. And again, found it. If she wasn't so drunk already, she would be honestly surprised about the amount of alcohol her friend kept in here.

 

After she was pretty sure she drank every bottle of every drink that contained at least a minimum percentage of alcohol, she plopped down on the couch - her temporary bed, actually, and layed down on her back.

 

***

 

It was a really good thing her friend wasn't home almost all the time. Because otherwise, she would have to be listening to Wendy's drunken rant about, well, Joohyun.

 

"I didn't mean it! I swear!"

 

She was half shouting, not caring about the fact that there was absolutely noone listening at all.

 

"She has to know that. I panicked and called the police. It was stupid. I regret it soooo much. I even tried to call back after to say it was a prank! But it went to voice mail."

 

She paused and pouted as she finished that last sentence. She looked ridiculous, honestly, like a kid when someone took their toy away. She would realize that, only if she wasn't so damn drunk.

 

"I tried to fix it. She has to know I tried to fix it. Why didn't I tell her?"

 

She threw both her arms and legs in the air in an overly dramatic manner out of frustration and then let them fall back onto the couch, her one hand landing on her face and slapping her hard.

 

"Ow; !"

 

She exclaimed but made no effort on moving the hand away.

 

"Guess I deserve that. I deserve more than that. ."

 

She sighed, her palm still pressed against her face. Then she suddenly sat up, the most brilliant idea flashing through her mind.

 

"I'm gonna go tell her!"

 

Standing up, determined, she didn't pay any attention to the fact that she has absolutely no idea where the girl who still hasn't left her thoughts is.

 

She quickly swung the front door open, ready to go... somewere, but came to a halt when she saw what was waiting for her.