a smooth criminal

bad; girls

Crawling silently through the ventilation shaft, Joohyun stopped inches before the bars that indicated the end of the small tunnel, and with a few swift taps on her phone disabled the cameras in the room she was about to enter. After a few nervous seconds, the screen shined an approving green colour and she proceeded with the plan. With the help of a screwdriver, one that was technically improved of course, she got rid of the grid that was in her way, put it aside, made her way through the small space and soundlessly landed on the floor.

 

She gave her eyes a while to adapt to the darkness and looked around the office. Everything seemed perfectly intact and noone in sight.

 

‚Good.‘

 

Now to look for the item she came for. She scanned the walls and found the painting she know wasn’t just a painting. She took it off the wall and, voilá, the safe was thankfully where it was supposed to be. She searched her small backpack and took out a small device. After sticking it to the safe, pushing some buttons and praying for it to work, she let out a silent sigh of relief when she once again saw the assuring colour green.

 

She slowly opened the small metal door, careful not to make a creaking sound, and her eyes widened at the sight. Taking the diamond with her hand, she observed it for a bit before putting it carefully in her backpack and started closing the safe—when she heard a clack of a gun.

 

„Get your hands above your head and turn around.“

 

‚A woman?‘

 

She froze not only in fear, but also in surprise of how…attractive the voice sounded. She mentally shook her head and turned around, only to be even more surprised. The guard was even more attractive than her voice. She tried not to get distratced but nonetheless, a smirk appeared on her lips.

 

***

 

„Stay right where you are. I’m always ready to shoot.“

 

Looks like she came in at just the right time. The guard, while aiming at the intruder, made her way closer without hesitation. When she did hesitate though was when the moonlight that came through the window hit the thief’s face and she finally could have a look at her. She was a lot prettier than she expected. A lot. She was trying really hard not to smirk back at her.

 

„Boohoo. You caught me.“

 

The alien was the first to speak and even though it didn’t sound very appropriate, she still kept her hands up. The guard raised her eyebrow higher than she thought she ever could. Still aiming her gun at the other woman, she shook the thought that she actually liked this off.

 

„Turn around.“

 

She ordered and the thief surprisingly obeyed, still wearing that killer smirk of hers. She reached for the latter’s backpack, but before she could even touch it, the room spinned at least twice and she found herself lying on her back on the ground, with the thief sitting on top of her, aiming her own gun at her with one hand and holding her hands above her head with the other.

 

The thief’s black hair got somehow lose in the process of, whatever it was she did, and it was now hanging from her head and falling right into the guard’s face. She couldn’t help it anymore and a grin spread out on her lips.

 

„If we met under different circumstances, this would have happened after I ask to buy you a drink, but better late than never right?“

 

The thief chuckled lightly, tossed her hair to get a clearer vision and strengthened her grip on the guard’s hands.

 

„Are you seriously asking me out right now, --„ she lowered the hand in which she was holding the gun to take the guard’s ID card out of her chest pocket and glanced at it, „Wendy Son?“

 

„I’m just saying, that if the case was different, I would have known both your name and your phone number by now.“

 

Both of their smirks widened and the thief started searching for the guard‘s – Wendy’s – handcuffs. Although it felt more like she was just caressing the curves of her body. She sure took longer than she needed before she finally found them and began to tie Wendy’s hands and a leg of a table together.

 

„So you’re not gonna tell me your name?“

 

„I can tell you one thing.“

 

After she was finished with her task, she leaned forward and stared right into the other’s eyes.

 

„Even if we did meet under different circumstances, I’d still be handcuffing you to a table.“

 

She leaned even closer and gave a quick peck on Wendy’s cheek, an inch away from her lips, leaving a mark and a smiling woman below her. Satisfied with herself, she got up, tossing the gun on the ground after emptying it, but still keeping the guard’s ID.

 

„You’ve been hit by;

You’ve been struck by;

A smooth criminal.“

 

She blew one last kiss, turned around and made her way to the ventilation shaft.

 

 

***

 

 

And those were the last words Wendy heard from Joohyun before she exited the same way she entered. She chuckled to herself while still smiling, and then a beep from the cameras that were turned off until now finally woke her up and made her realize just what had happened.

 

„Well, „

 

She started laughing. It was just too funny not to.

 

„.“