Doctori

Five nights at SUJU

Silence was all they ever heard now. Tv had been extinct for months now and radio was barely listened to. All they ever heard now was names of the captured or killed. The streets were deserted and building boarded up. Transportation in or out of the country had been stopped, making only food and supplies able to leave the barren country. They had thought North Korea would be the one to worry about or maybe one of the other neighboring countries, but they had been wrong. No they had to fear a group of terrorist in their own home. This group had taken the name of people who were supposed to help you, they called themselves the Doctori. It was the word for doctor and their clothes were enough to place fear in you. With long black cloaks that brushed the ground and white beak like mask with circled or slitted eye holes. They carried sticks and hook object on their belts and walked the streets keeping order. They never spoke, remaining silent and moving slowly. They traveled in pairs and everywhere you turned they were there. If they caught you trying to escape, stealing, or out past curfew, they would slice your throat right where you stood no matter who was there to witness it. This was now their world, no one dares to go against them. The few who fight them hide and recruit. It’s this resistance, the people of South Korea strive for. If you can get to that army, then you can be safe from the Doctori.

*~*

Ryeowook hid in the window of his room as he watched the streets below with worried brown eyes. He could see the Doctori roaming the streets eyeing the poor people search for food that had long since been scarce. No one seemed to be able to afford the food when it came, nor could they find the scraps after the Doctori had finished with it.

“Wook, we need to go find food, we’re out.” Sungmin called from the door making Ryeowook nod and turn away from the window with sad eyes. Normally, the members of Super Junior would try to stay away from going outside knowing they would have to be near the Doctori.

“Be careful out there, the people will do anything for food if you find any.” Leeteuk ordered making both Sungmin and Ryeowook nod. They opened the door only to freeze, as a tall Doctori stood before them looking to the side. Ryeowook squeaked in fear before hiding behind his hyung as the demon slowly turned its masked face to face them making the members in the room shiver in fear.

“C-can we help you?” Sungmin asked trying to act braver than he felt. The Doctori held up an envelope to Sungmin with an outstretched hand. Quickly Sungmin took it and backed away so he could shut the door. Just as the door was about to shut, a stick blocked it’s path forcing the door open again.

“I-I think he’s w-waiting for a reply,” Ryeowook stuttered. Sungmin nodded opening the envelope and reading its contents. By now, all of the members had entered the room.

“What does it say Sungmin?” Yesung asked pulling Ryeowook into his arms.

“A new set of laws have been passed.” Sungmin replied as he handed the note to Leeteuk. The leader quickly read over it and sighed before walking to Ryeowook and grabbing the jar of money the group had gathered for emergencies. Everyone watched confused as their leader handed the jar to the Doctori. After receiving the money, the man left making all eyes turn to Leeteuk for answers.

“It was either that or one of you die,” Leeteuk replied before leaving the room.

“Die?” Kyuhyun asked confused before Sungmin punched the wall beside him and fell to his knees. Kangin walked over to pick up the paper Leeteuk had dropped and began to read.

“To all citizens of South Korea, there is a new living tax that is to be paid. If you cannot afford to pay for this tax, then you will pay with your life.” Kangin read.

“And how much is this living tax?” Siwon asked.

“20,ooo, a person.” Kangin replied.

“Not that steep if we had a job,” Heechul growled. Ever since the Doctori came into rule, no one had a job anymore.

“So, I guess shopping is ruled out now,” Ryeowook sighed as his stomach growled in protest. A collective sigh ran through the room as everyone started leaving the room one by one.

“This ,” Yesung hissed as he led Ryeowook back to their shared room. Yesung risked a glance at his empty turtle cage and quickly turned away. They had eaten the poor pets after the food began to run out. That and pets had been banned a week after Doctori took over.

“Yesung hyung, I don’t want to die,” Ryeowook whimpered as he sat on his bed with his knees hugging his chest. Yesung tried to smile as he walked over to sit on the bed and hold his friend close.

“You won’t die, I promise.” He whispered as he petted the younger’s light brown hair.

*~*

“They’re moving again.” Donghae whispered as he listened to his small radio on one of the AM channels.

“Way listen to that mess, they’ll be caught soon.” Hyukjae growled angry about what had just happened.

“They’ll save us.” Donghae replied stubbornly.

“Yeah right, they barely have anybody with them which is why the keep asking for people to join. Even America ditched us.” Hyukjae snapped.

“Hyukkie, don’t say that, someone will save us.” Donghae replied. Hyukjae sharply turned raising his hand to slap his roommate when he sighed defeated and sat down hugging him instead. Donghae smiled as he put away the radio and hugged his hyung back. Everyone was angry and tense since the Doctori came. There was no music, no life in Seoul or anywhere in South Korea.

“We should sleep Donghae, that’s all we can do now,” Hyukjae replied.

“I’m not tired hyung, I’m hungry.” Donghae pouted.

“We can’t eat Hae,” Hyukjae replied. Donghae sighed before lying down beside his hyung.

“I know,” he whispered as the sounds of people screaming below the dorm reached their ears. Another family slaughtered.

 

READ THE FULL STORY HERE:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/282631/the-plague-doctor-s-eunhae-hanchul-superjunior-zhoury-kyusung-minwook-kangteuk