It's Easy Because It's You

6112

It was past midnight and the endless ticking of the clock was all Kyungsoo could hear as he willed himself to fall asleep. It had been a hard day; what with the various promotional activities for his new film going on. He was honestly a nervous wreck and the more he thought about his face showing up on the big cinema screens, the smaller he felt - like a tiny, insignificant bug casting its intimidating shadow on a wall which made it appear much bigger than it actually was.

 
Kyungsoo felt the bed dip to one side, not even needing to second guess who this not-so-unexpected visitor was.
 
Chanyeol.
 
"Kyungsoo-yah," a voice called out quietly, the pitch still unbelievably low despite it already being a whisper, "are you asleep?"
 
The idol-turned-actor let out a familiar sigh; not really one of annoyance or anything of the like - it was more of a sigh of relief, knowing that now that this person was beside him, he could let himself go and momentarily free himself from the pressures of his life as a 'celebrity to look out for'.
 
"Was supposed to be," he replied, hand automatically moving to lift the covers, the usual signal for the rapper to 'get in and keep me warm'.
 
Chanyeol wordlessly tucked his long legs into the small space left for him (it was a single person bed after all) as he took his turn to sort the blanket out for the both of them.
 
There was a long bout of silence before any of the them said anything else. It was hard when they had so much to say yet such little time to say them all out loud. When the time came that they were finally alone, the words struggled to come out; like someone had out both of their abilities to speak, leaving them with nothing but their minds dying to think out loud.
 
"I've missed you." Chanyeol proclaimed, as if that very sentence pretty much summed up everything he'd been wanting to say. It did.
 
Now, Kyungsoo wasn't a man of many words. He still found it hard to wear his heart on his sleeve like Chanyeol could; still found it hard to voice his feelings without wanting to curl up into himself from embarrassment. The younger male snuggled up to the Chanyeol, hoping that his action conveyed what he'd been meaning to say as a reply: 'I've missed you too. So much more than you think.'
 
Kyungsoo could make out the corners of Chanyeol's lips, his eyes squinting to witness how beautifully they'd curved up from just one simple gesture. It was easy to make Chanyeol happy, just like how easy it was for Kyungsoo to love him because Chanyeol had the ability to make him happy tenfold.
 
"You worked hard today." Chanyeol praised him quietly as he kissed a part of the younger's locks, and the sentence was enough to make Kyungsoo ackowledge himself more and more every time - because if Chanyeol could love someone like him, then perhaps it wasn't wrong to love himself too.
 
"You did too."
 
"But I just stayed here in the dorm, I didn't do anything much..."
 
"You waited for me."
 
"Ah, that's right..."
 
"Right."
 
Kyungsoo wasn't a man of many words, nor was he a person that was fond of attention. It didn't matter if the eyes of the public were all on him as he embarked on his journey as a new actor-- as long as Chanyeol continued to look at him in a way that no one else could, everything would be okay.
 
Chanyeol always made sure that everything was okay.