5- Refusal

Real Deal!

"Hyung..." Baek pleaded Luhan but he just walked away from him like he does. Like he's been doing ever since that day. 
Suddenly Luhan coughed so hard and bend down in pain. 
Soo ran towards him and helped him. When they sat on the couch, blood stains were spread over Luhan's shirt. Startled, Baek shook Luhan, "Hyung! ... Hyung! ... Hyung!" 

"baek... Baek... BAEK!! Baek jolted in his sleep and shot his eyes open. Kyungsoo and Sehun sat beside him looking at him worriedly. 
He looked around them, "Lu- .." 

A sigh came from outside followed by footsteps. Sehun got up and peeked. It was Luhan.
"It was him, he probably got startled hearing Baek." 

"This hurts..." Kyungso commented and looked away from Baek. 
The latter sighed and couldn't stop a tear from escaping.

"Sehun, it's late, go to your room. I'll take care of him." Kyungsoo said and sehun nodded. 

"You too sleep, I'm okay." 

Later, no matter how he tried, Baek couldn't force himself to sleep. 
He got up and put on his jacket. 
Once he opened the door, he saw a dime light, following it, he found Luhan. 
Still up to this late hour?
he approached him, "Hyung..." 
When Luhan heard him, he didn't even look at him, he got up and walked straight to his room. 
Baekhyun watched his hyung leaving and looked down his feet. 
He put on his shoes, took a key and walked out. 
Luhan heard the front door being shut, he frowned and technically ran to the window. He saw Baek ing both his hands in his pockets, looking down and walking silently. 
He hissed, "Where is he going at this hour?!"
Luhan put the book that was in his hands down and looked back at the window. 
Baekhyun kept walking steadily. Luhan didn't like the idea of Baek leaving just like that, without a note, without saying anything in the middle if the night. Especially that the boy woke up crying few hours ago. 
He sighed in frustration and changed within a blink of an eye and ran downstairs. 
He looked everywhere for the familiar boy but didn't find him. 
Unconsciously he found himself walking to somewhere. Somewhere he never stopped visiting for some time. 
In fact, he never stopped going there before the last 3 months. But why did he stop? 
And 3 months? 
Since he started dating? 
He sighed sadly, "You did really great deceiving me I forgot the promise I made!"

"Promise?" Baekhyun appeared from behind Luhan. 

"Where were you?" Firmly he asked back. 

"What promise, hyung?" 

"Don't hyung me! You treated me like a 5 years old kid and now you're hyung-ing me, Baekhyun-ah?" 

"It wasn't like that, hyung."

"You played me, Baekhyun-ah! ... I thought you said I was your favorite person out there!" 

"You are, hyung!" 

"How did you find a heart to deceive me?"

"The heart that forgot beating when it knew you're in danger..."
Baekhyun sighed shakily. Trying to maintain a cry. 

"Danger? Is death danger to you guys?! You made the wrong calculations! At least if I die, I'd be with the person who would take care of me endlessly, who wouldn't lie to me." Luhan's eyes threatened to lose control. 
"A person who wouldn't hurt me..." 
Baekhyun cried at the last words. They never meant to hurt him. They did all this to protect him. 
Okay... They didn't seek protection but only because they thought there was no way out of this and that they'll be losing time. 
Time with like a death eater to them. 
Baek cried loudly, Luhan walked towards him and lifted his hand but then he took it back. He turned and started walking away. 

"We did wrong, hyung. I admit it. We admit it. We did wrong, but it was out of love. And she... She loves you too, hyung." 

"That wasn't love, that was a cheap act being paid for!" Luhan yelled. 
"I loved her!" Angrily, Luhan started pointed everywhere, he didn't stop his tears. Baek watched silently. 

"I trusted you and I loved her! ... You all deceived me! Played me!... I TRUSTED YOU!" 
He walked forwards and backwards angrily then he stopped in front of Baekhyun pointing at him, "I trusted you, Baekhyun-ah..."
And he walked away from him. 

Baek watched Luhan leave. 
He said nothing... He didn't call for him. 
He didn't move an inch... Didn't stop him. 

He forgot he's been holding his breaths. As he breathed out, he felt dizzy, within the same second, he fell to the floor. 

~~~~
Luhan reached his grandmother's house. Too angry to cry anymore at her memory. He was blinded by anger. He kept moving everywhere. 
He grabbed a bottle of water and lifted it to his lips just to put it back again. 
He picked his phone and texted Xiumin, "Are you up?" 

Seconds later, Xiumin called, "Luhan, have you seen Baek? He's not answering his damned phone ad he's nowhere to be found! We're all out looking for him!" 
Luhan widened his eyes, "W- what? He's not home yet?" He ran outside with the phone still glued to his ear. 

"Kyungsoo said he had a bad dream and couldn't sleep after. God, did something happen to him? I'm losing my mind! Suho already went to the station!!" 

Luhan hung up and ran faster he thought his heart is going to stop beating. 

"Baekhyun-ah!! Baekhyun-ah!!" he called his name as he ran everywhere. 

After a while, he found a familiar figure laying where he was standing a while ago. 
"BAEK!" he ran towards him and held him to his chest, "Baekhyun-ah... Baekhyun-ah..." 
he dialled Xiumin, " I found him, he's unconscious, call the hospital!"

~~~~
"Was he stressed lately?" the doctor asked. 

Kyungsoo nodded. His eyes were puffy and he refused to let Baek's head rest on the pillow. He kept holding him like he was going to run away. 

"Well, he needs rest and few days off. He'll get better." The doctor said before he left. 

Sehun stood up, "It's not like we're blaming you." he started talking with a serious tone. 

"Sehun..." Kai tried, but the other didn't even respond to his name being called.

"It's no one's fault to find who's guilty and blame them. It was out of the blue, totally out of the blue. *Your hyung is going to die, treat him!* what silliness in the world could that be? How would we react to this? ... Us ourselves, we were shocked, how could we pass it on? Who would believe us? ... If you saw the look on Kyungsoo's face when he woke up... If only you touched him and felt his insides being broke with every breath he takes while he's dreaming of the woman who is calling out your name... If you heard Baekhyun's cries in his sleep... If you were in our place and watched your friend, your brother living, smiling and is about to go dead!" 
Sehun turned to Luhan, Luhan was starring at him, his look reflected one thing... Pain.
"We were blinded, yes! We didn't want to lose you but we were told that it was going to happen anyway. We bought you sweets, cloths and set a date. People go on blind dates!" 

"Sehun, enough..." Tao pulled his shirt and the other stopped talking. 

Luhan turned leaving the room but Kai held his arm, "Let her go, hyung. Soo paid a visit. She said she'd let you go if you let her go."

Luhan gently shook Kai's hand and walked away...