Xiuho-Worst Christmas Ever

Suho-pairings drabble collection

written as belated christmas gift for laughingvirus 

 

Junmyeon stared at all the pretty confections in the display. They all had typical Christmas decorations on them, like red bow, little green pine trees, cute santa hat all made from icing sugar. They all looked sparkly in the little boy's teary eyes. He sighed deeper than a seven years old should have in Christmas Eve,

His mind returned to the phone call from his parents. They got stucked in the airport thanks to awful snow. Junmyeon had cried because they promised him they would finally celebrate Christmas together this year. Junmyeon's father had scolded him for being a crybaby and not understanding. So when his brother went out to watch movie with his girlfriend, Junmyeon decided he would run away for good.

They won't care anyway! They won't care if i run away from home... and fall on a slippery snowy road... and crack my head open... and die bloody and lonely and cold... alone... in Christmas Eve...

"We'll be fine. We don't need dad, or mom, or hyung," said Junmyeon to the pikachu plushie he held tightly. However Junmyeon's stomach didn't agree. He had skipped dinner and didn't bring any food except a bag of honey chips in his small school rucksack. So there he was, standing alone inside a coffee shop, staring at all delicious sweets that brought saliva to his tiny mouth.

"Hi, little guy. Can I help you with something?"

Someone touched his shoudler. A man with small eyes and chubby cheeks which reminded Junmyeon of Jongdae's hamster had kneeled on one foot besides him. He was wearing a white shirt, black pants, with black apron that has "Xiu Min Coffee and Cakes" written on it. 

"Where are your parents? Are they here somewhere?" asked the stranger with concerned tone.

Hearing that, Junmyeon exploded in tears.

This is the worst Christmas ever!!

The man went into panic mode and the other customers started paying them attention.

"Hey, hey little guy, don't cry! Umm, umm what's your name?? I'm Minseok, I own this cafe!"

 "Miin.." uttered Junmyeon between his sobbing.

"Yes, yes! Minseok, what is your name??"

"Jun.. myeon.."

"Junmyeon.. Okay, do you want some hot chocolate Junmyeon?"

The sobbings were still going on but the man could see that Junmyeon's eyes widened at the mention of hot chocolate.

 "And whipped cream? Hot chocolate with whipped cream??" 

Junmyeon's sobbing died down. Minseok sighed loudly in relief. Before he could stand out, the boy tugged his apron with his tiny palm.

"Lots.. of.. whipped cream.. please.."