Taking the first step

Queen vs King - How (not) to take revenge on your ex

a.n.: Soo hello! ^-^ Maybe this chapter won't have lots of actions but a lot of happenings will be important later so I hope you will like this chapter too! :3 And again sorry for the grammar mistakes ^-^"

 


 

Two days passed after the breaking up and by the third day everybody had known that the royal couple wasn’t together anymore. And they couldn’t handle the situation because they were too confused. The students didn’t know whether both of the couple remained a sovereign or now one of them became fallen. It was still a mystery what the future of the kingdom would be.

Luhan continued that behaviour that he showed on the first day and Hye-rim still didn’t understand the boy’s kindness. He didn’t avoid her, moreover he tried to get close to her and he continuously acted that way as if it hadn’t been him who had broken up with the other. What’s more, it was as if he had wanted to make everybody believe that their relationship was still working.

However Hye-rim’s pride was more than to surrender so easily. She expected a twist behind the whole thing and that’s why she avoid the boy’s company and every attempts. In her free time she tried to find out how she could take revenge on Luhan or make him feel as miserable as she felt now. But she didn’t admitted it of course, that wouldn’t be worthy to her rank, so she acted as if the breaking up hadn’t tossed her to the floor. Instead of it she was working out the details.

“What are we doing here?” Hye-rim’s best friend didn’t understand why they were standing in front of the student council president’s door because it was an open secret in the school how much the president and the royal couple hated each other. And the reason was only one thing: the rivalry. Hye-rim and Luhan took the control over the students so fast that the president didn’t have any chances to get back his previous prestige. He had to resign himself to the fact that from that he had to surrender the king and the queen. He didn’t really like it because he had got used to that nobody could control him like a marionette doll.

“I have already said. Any port in a storm. And now we have only one port.” Hye-rim didn’t look at the girl next to her, just was staring at the big white door in front of them. She had to do it. He was the only one who she could ask for help because everybody else stood next to the king.

“You mean you have only one port.” Hana murmured biting her lower lip but after a few seconds she wished if only she hadn’t said anything. Hye-rim’s glance, which could sent anybody to the Hell in a blink of an eye, was staring at her and she decided that the floor was more interesting.

“If you don’t like it, you can go away. Oh, and thank you for your support.” With that she turned towards the door and with confident movements she knocked on it.

“You are impossible.” Hana sighed in the end but fortunately Hye-rim didn’t heard it because someone shouted from the other side of the door that they could go in. Her friend just pulled down the handle and almost burst into the office while she followed the queen silently.

Stepping in a not too large space welcomed them but the place was comfortably enough for one person. Hana looked around with amazement. Books and files were standing on the shelves of the cabinets in the office and most of them was locked behind the glass doors with a lock. Probably they were the folders of the students and that’s why they protected them so much. Not too many people could get close to them, except for the teachers and the student council president. Who was sitting behind his desk in the end of the office and curiously looked at the new arrivals.

“Well, who have we here? Now, that they threw you out of the ‘royal court’ will I be honoured more often by your presence?” An ironic smile widened on the boy’s lips but Hye-rim didn’t even shake a little. She expected a greeting like this so she wasn’t surprised by the welcome.

“It only depends on you, Kris.”

“Is it a threat?” The boy cocked an eyebrow but Hye-rim just rolled her eyes then her glance settled down on the president again. With straight back, graceful steps she walked in front of the table while Hana stayed near to the door letting her friend do what she thought would be good. She knew that she could manage it alone because she always was like this. Even from their childhood and Hana knew her very well. She knew her every little secrets and that, which maybe most of the people wouldn’t have thought: even the queen could have weak points. Because she knew them too and she had already adapt to this lofty style and although Hye-rim sometimes forgot that she shouldn’t talk to her best friend as to a subject, Hana was always able to keep the queen in place. Despite the fact that the girl sometimes could be very frightening.

“Oh, please. So, you know that I hate you so much…” Hye-rim started the negotiation and although nobody asked her, she sat down in front of Kris crossing her legs and placing her elbows on the table. A sly smile was hiding in the corner of but it hadn’t convinced the president yet, who was just sitting there arms folded across his chest.

“Same here.”

“But I have to ask you to do me a favour.” Kris’ eyebrows raised at that and tilting his head to the side he looked back at the girl. The conversation started to become interesting.

“So you offer me a collaboration?

“Kinda.” Hye-rim bit her lower lip and although it could seem to the president as if this movement had belonged to the persuasion, the real case was that Hye-rim was a little nervous. Of course she already had done many dirty things before but none of them was against the person who she had loved so much. About who she wouldn’t have thought that he could betray her. This was a totally new situation for her and she knew that there were a very few spots on Luhan with which he was vulnerable. That’s why she wasn’t allowed to let any chances go.

“And why do you think I will help you?” Kris leaned forward relying on the table.

“Because I know that there's only one person who you hate more than me. I want to take revenge on him. I want Luhan to regret everything he did to me. So that's why I ask your help.” The girl raised her eyebrows provokingly and this offer gained the president’s liking too. The smile on his face widened and he nodded affirmatively.

“Hm sounds good. But what benefits I will have if I help you?” A sly smile appeared on the girl's face and she leaned over the table, close to the boy’s ears. She whispered with a tempting voice.

“What would you like to get?” Her fingers were playing on Kris' chest but he caught her wrist with a smirk on his face. Then she looked up to him with her beautiful eyes. “Totally ruining his life isn't enough for you?” Kris just laughed, then released Hye-rim’s hands letting her sit back in her place. He really enjoyed this kind of conversation and now every doubt disappeared about the plans. Moreover, this whole thing seemed to be very useful for him, so that’s why he didn’t reject the offer.

“And what would be my task?“ Kris asked finally because he saw on the girl’s expressions that she had come here with ready plans. And he like it. He liked it because he couldn’t stand those people who turned to him for some help but they didn’t have any idea what they wanted to do. Instead of it they just waited for Kris to do everything.

“I am sure that you have heard about that winter party...” Hye-rim didn't have to say more, Kris nodded immediately because everybody heard about that party. Who wasn't there, even those people knew what they had missed because the main question wasn't that what had happened there. The main question was what hadn't. “An exact photo was taken of Luhan which can be found at only one person. I want you to get that picture.” Hye-rim leaned back in her chair exultantly while Kris' eyes was sparkling excitedly. He expected something big behind this action, something evil and the girl's mysterious smile confirmed his expectations.

“What can be found in that picture?”

“If you get the photo, you will see it. The main thing is that Chen isn't willing to give it to anybody and he keeps it at home on a memory card. Even to Luhan wasn't he willing to give it. So I don't care how, just get that picture for me. And then I can take my own part.” Kris started to think for a moment.

“Chen, Chen, Chen... Yeah, I remember him. It won't be easy but I don’t think it isn’t solvable.”

“Then can I take this as a yes? Will you collaborate with me?” Hye-rim looked at the president waiting for his answer because she also had other things to do. And Kris was too slow with the answer.

“Yeah, we have a deal.” And with that he gave his hand to Hye-rim who happily received the hand shake.

“Wonderful. Then if you have the picture you know where you can find me.” She smiled, then stood up and signalled to Hana - who was patiently waiting for them - that they can go. Hana just nodded towards Kris, then both of them stepped out of the door.

“Why do you want that picture?” Hana asked and she was a little afraid of the answer. She knew very well what kind of photo it was and the fact that Hye-rim planned something with it wasn't too good.

“You will see it. When I have that, everything will become uncovered.” And with that she quickened her pace leaving a little behind her shocked friend.

 

 

 

Luhan thought that it would not be easy but he had never thought that he broke in the second week. He had never thought that he was that weak.

“Hey.” Sehun sat down next to him with some food and he passed a half sandwich to the boy. “Eat.” He commanded and Luhan raised his head up. His eyes were full of misery and everybody noticed the king's strange behaviour.

“I'm not hungry.” He said and slid the sandwich back to Sehun. His best friend just shook his head.

“I told you to eat.” And with that he tossed the food in front of Luhan. He just growled but grabbed the bread with a disgust on his face. “Come on. Last week you seemed to be okay with it.”

“Yeah. Last week I didn't realise that I was against the devil in a woman's disguise.” Luhan murmured. Sehun just cocked an eyebrow.

“Are you sure it is the real case?” He asked but Luhan just snarled at him. Yeah, Sehun knew him well but the boy was just too stubborn to admit that his friend was right. Not Hye-rim's attitude was his problem. No. His problem was that he missed the girl. He missed her so much that he hadn't been able to sleep the previous nights but he couldn't forget the picture of the girl with another boy. And his pride was too strong to forgive this but now it seemed that his weak side was more dominant.

“You should be proud of her that she hadn't had a breakdown. This is your merit.” Sehun said, but Luhan didn't reply. He just took a bite of his sandwich and with some difficulties he managed to swallow down the bread.

Sehun would have started to complain again but suddenly Kai landed on the chair in front of them.

“Hello!” He smirked and held a box in his hands. Sehun thought that maybe it was his lunch while Luhan wanted to look at him as much as anything at that moment.

“Hi.” Sehun nodded and he was waiting curiously for Jongin to finally say what he wanted from them. Usually Baekhyun, Tao and Xiumin sat at that table but now all the three of them had something to do. Baekhyun for example was with a teacher at that time because he had fallen asleep during the lesson.

“I heard that our little king was so upset nowadays.” Kai said that with such a tone as if he had been talking about the best university in Korea which allowed Luhan to go there. It would have been a much better conversation than this.

“What do you want?” The king growled at him but Jongin didn't even blinked. So he just continued.

“I brought comfort-cookie to you. Look.” And with that he opened the box in front of him which hid a lot of heart-shaped cookie and a tube… something. While Luhan was watching the scene frowning, Sehun had to have a great self-control not to laugh at the comic situation. “This is your heart.” Kai lifted up a cookie. “And now that happened to it.” And with that he broke it into two pieces. “But a little sticky caramel could help on it.” At the end of his monologue he greased the broken cookie with the caramel and put the two pieces together. Sehun was already rolling on the table laughing so hard while Luhan was just staring at the boy uncomprehendingly.

“What is this?”

“I have already said. Comfort-cookie. I made it to you.” He pushed the box in front of the king with an innocent expression on his face and after that he immediately jumped up from his place. He didn’t want Luhan to pull the whole pack onto his head. But before he could leave the place, he turned around smiling. “And don’t forget! A little caramel can heal every hurt heart! Especially mine cookie!”

Before Luhan could really throw the box after Kai, the boy had already disappeared from his eyes. After it his uncomprehending glance slid to the cookies.

“They look delicious.” Sehun wiped his tears away and he already reached for the box to taste the sweets but Lu slapped away his hand.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m tasting it. To my knowledge you don’t have any appetite.” And he tried to steal a piece again but his friend took it away from him.

“It will be good later.” Luhan closed the box then hid it in his bag. Sehun just sadly looked at the bag because he knew that he wouldn’t ever get any cookies.

 

But Luhan’s mood didn’t get any better by the afternoon so he couldn’t bring even his minimal out of himself at the football training. The couch told him off countless times and his teammates looked at him sympathetically. Except for one person. Kris didn’t care about the captain’s soul problems, so when he did something wrong, Kris swore at him. But not this gave the final .

Once when the ball was at Luhan and he was heading towards the goal, Kris accidentally or not, but tackled him with too much force and he kicked the boy instead of the ball.

“Are you ing crazy?!” Luhan shouted at him trying to get up from the ground but he fell back because of the previous attack against his leg.

“Maybe you should pay more attention at the training and then you could have noticed me coming.” Kris shrugged while got up from the field. Of course the other teammates immediately ran to Luhan and all of them asked him if he was okay.

“Don’t listen to him.” Chanyeol shook his head and helped the boy to stand up. By that time the couch had arrived too.

“Luhan go to the school nurse, and Kris you have plus ten circle around the field. For the others the training is over.” He commanded and everybody just nodded. Kris started to run murmuring, while Chanyeol accompanied Luhan to the nurse then went home. Fortunately nothing serious had happened to his leg but the nurse put a bandage around his ankle for safety’s sake. But the biggest surprise of the day reached the king when he stepped out of the nurse’s room…

 


P.s. Don't misunderstand, I don't hate Kris, moreover I love him very much, I just needed someone who has a strong personality to become the "bad guy". :')) 

And thaaaaaaaaank you very much for the 22 subscribers! Really, I am very very happy about it and if you have any opinion about the story, I would be grateful to read it. Even it is about the mistakes.^.^ 

<3