Detention (HyunseungxJunhyung)

100 B2ST/BEAST Fic Challenge

________________

 

Junhyung puffed his cheeks out as he waited outside the principal’s office. The school was quiet and everyone left, but he was still there for his damn detention. He heard fast footsteps walk up the corridor, and he lifted his head up from the slightly dirty floor to see the kid from his English class strut up the corridor, in his arm was a folder, pressed against his chest as he held his head up high. Junhyung scoffed slightly and let his head fall back down, his eyes fixing on the floor again as he listened to his music through one headphone.

"Excuse me," A soft and deep voice said quietly, and Junhyung's eyes trailed up from the floor to be met with the boy.

"What?" He asked, sounding a little rude.

Hyunseung frowned slightly, but shook his head. "Is this where detention is being held?" He asked, his head tilted slightly.

"Yeah, but why the hell are you here?" Junhyung asked. As much as he knew from this kid, he was pretty much a straight A student and didn't break a single rule.

"Why do you think?" Hyunseung asked, his eyebrow arched slightly and a smirk playing on his lips as he leaned on the wall opposite from Junhyung.

Junhyung opened his mouth to say something, but the Principal's door opened and the slightly chubby man walked into the corridor. "Ah, good, you're both here," Hyunseung nodded and pushed himself off the wall. "Although, I'm not very happy to see you here, Hyunseung." The man let out a sigh before shaking his head.

"You'll be cleaning around the school and once you're done with the jobs the caretaker will give you, you can go." And with that, the man stepped inside and closed the door after him. Junhyung and Hyunseung walked side by side in silence to the caretaker, and after they were given their equipment and tasks, they went to their first location, the boys’ toilets.

A disgusting stench and graffiti hit them and after they opened the windows and the door, they grabbed their things and began working as quickly as possible... in silence.

"How come you're in detention?" Hyunseung asked as he scrubbed away rude words and drawings from one wall.

"Beat a kid up, you?" Junhyung replied casually while he drew on the other wall.

"Got caught smoking around the back." That stopped Junhyung.

"You smoke?" He asked, turning around to face Hyunseung who stopped and rolled his eyes.

"Didn't I just literally tell you that?" He turned around himself, leaning against the wall and smirking slightly. "Or are you that incompetent?"

"What?" Junhyung asked, his eyes narrowing. "I am not!"

"Come on dude, face it," Hyunseung began, walking to the bucket and chucking the cloth in. "You're failing English so badly, even the dyslexic kid is better than you. And he can't write or read properly!" He chuckled lightly, picking up an air freshener and spraying it around.

"That is such a lie!" Junhyung exclaimed, embarrassment washing over him quickly. "Who told you that?"

"Nobody, I help the teacher out with marking essays and such." He replied with a shrug.

Junhyung stayed silent as Hyunseung sprayed every cubicle with a proud smirk. Finally, Junhyung mumbled a response. "Shut up."

 

 

Hyunseung plopped the mop on the gym's floor, sliding it across the wood and making sure that he cleaned it right while Junhyung just rested his arm on it and leaned against it. 

"I am good at some things..." Junhyung said, and Hyunseung chuckled lightly.

"Still bothered about that?"

Junhyung stood up straight and frowned slightly. "I'm good at Music, Gym and History." He said proudly and Hyunseung looked up, a small smile on his face.

"Good."

"I can rap."

"I can sing."

"I can dance."

"So can I."

Junhyung frowned again. "What can't you do?"

"Cook." Hyunseung said with a laugh as he leaned back up and stopped mopping.

"I can cook!" Junhyung exclaimed loudly, happy over the fact that he could do something that Hyunseung couldn't.

"Maybe you could cook for me," Hyunseung said, a smirk on his lips. "At my house."

"Are you inviting me to a date?" Junhyung asked, his head tilted and a large and mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Maybe I am," Hyunseung said, leaning closer to him. "So what?"

"I'll make you the best damn food you'll ever have." Junhyung growled slightly as Hyunseung pulled back with a smirk.

"We'll have to wait and see."