Bump In The Night

Onew Meets Dracula

After a long day filled with many events, all Lee Jinki wants is to eat chicken but since the other memebers of Shinee agree on eating bulgogi or samgyupsal, the leader decides to go off by himself; coming across a little restaurant called Bump in the Night.

'What an odd name.' Jinki thinks as he opens the door. 'It does smell great though.'

Entering the establishment, he picks a seat behind the screen partition that shields the table from the front door. Jinki picks up the menu searching for anything that includes chicken but finding such becomes difficult the more he reads the list.  The items have exotic names that the leader has never seen before.

Batwing Stew            Newt Nuggets
Frogleg Dippers            Stir-fried Worms
               Rat over Rice            Blowfish Poison Platter

 

He shakes his head at the absurd dishes, "Those sounded appetizing...Not." he mumbles to himself as his glaze slides over the beverage section next.

Blood Bath Punch           Witch's Brew         
     Snail Slime            Werewolf Drool

 

Closing the menu Jinki glances at the front seeing "Monster Menu" written across the top.  "Do they have a normal menu?" he wonders as he slides it back into the holder and picks out another one. This menu simply states "Boring and Ordinary Menu".   "This seems more attuned to my taste buds." Jinki thinks as he searches through the listed dishes quickly finding normal food.

                    Beef Stew            Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken Wings             Beef over Rice  


His finger stops on chicken wings as the waiter arrives to take the leader's order.  "Two orders of Garlic Parmesan wings and a coke please." Jinki tells the waiter who bows and hurries off to place the order.  While waiting for his food, Shinee's leader looks around the small restaurant seeing no other customers except a man dressed all in black sitting at a side table.  Staring harder, Jinki notices that the man seems to be sleeping with his head against the wall.  "If the wait for food is that long, I'll starve to death first." he moans to himself worried.  

A few moments later, his worry is put to rest as the waiter arrives with the order, "Two orders of Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, one coke, and here are extra napkins, sir." The man walks away as Jinki gazes lovingly at the chicken platter in front of him before picking up a wing, taking a huge bite out of the juicy, succulent flesh.  Finishing off the first piece in record time, Jinki his fingers, "Mmm, this is some of the best sauce I've ever tasted." he praises while digging in for more.  Half way through the leader pulls a wing up to find it attached to another wing.  "This looks like a little bat." he laughs as he plays with the piece making the chicken flap around like the nocturnal creature.  "You know, if I had wings like this I could fly around and stop being so clumsy." he thinks to himself as his mind wanders off imagining himself with wings flying through the sky, twisting and turning until "smack," he flies straight into a tree.  Rubbing his face at the daydream Jinki softly says "Or perhaps I can just claim King of Clumsy on land and in the air."  He shakes his head at the thought as he continues to eat his wings.

Half an hour later, Jinki leaves the restaurant with a smile on his face. Walking down the street, the careless leader is oblivious to the fact that someone is following him. After a few more blocks, he finally registers footsteps closing in behind him as someone approaches. Thinking that they are just going to walk past him, Jinki moves to the far edge of the sidewalk giving the passerby space to get around him, only the pedestrian has other plans.  Grabbing Jinki, the shadow whisks Shinee's leader into the nearest alley shoving him face-first into the wall. Before Jinki has time to comprehend what is happening, he feels cool air against his neck a second before two long, sharp fangs pierce his neck.