Dreams Don't Turn To Dust

Everything goes black

Author's note:

Hi! sorry for not posting for a while, I've been very busy >.<

But I finally found the time to write this chapter! :D

Please comment after reading the story, I would like to have feedback.

Happy hollidays! ^^

 

Dreams Don’t Turn To Dust

 

“No, please stay” Daehyun begged Zelo “I have a fun idea”.

“I’ll have to ask my boss if I’m aloud to” Zelo said.

 

Daehyun decided to invite the others over.

A little while later the doorbell rang, it was Youngjae. He had brought a bunch of different games with him. Jongup sneaked up behind Youngjae and scared him, nearly causing Youngjae to drop the games. A few minutes later Yongguk arrived with some snacks, followed by Himchan who brought a huge amount of coffee along.

“Are you trying to prevent us from sleeping?” Yongguk said

“Why not?” Himchan said with a smirk.

“Let’s play a game!” Jongup said with a big smile on his face.

“What game did you have in mind?” Zelo asked.

“HIDE AND SEEEEEEEEK!!!” Jongup said as he started to bounce around of excitement.

“But there’s no place for a bunch of men and a tall teenager to hide in a place like this…” Youngjae stated.

“Let’s play truth or dare” Himchan said.

 

“I dare you to run around the neighbourhood with a towel tied around your neck and to pretend to be superman” Zelo said to Jongup.

So Jongup tied Daehyun’s old Winnie de Pooh towel around his neck and started running around outside, only his towel was a bit too long. Jongup tripped over it and fell to the ground. Daehyun started laughing like a hyena. “Are you okay?” Yaël asked. Jongup smiled and started breakdancing. “I guess that’s a yes…” Yongguk said.

“Man, he’s got skills!” Youngjae said.

“Now it’s Daehyun’s turn, truth or dare?” Himchan said. “Truth” Daehyun said. “Do you have a crush on anyone?”Himchan asked.

“To be honest, I’m not sure yet of the feelings I have” Daehyun replied.

“Who do you maybe have feelings for” Youngjae asked with a curious grin.

“I’m not going to answer that, because you are only allowed to ask me one question” Daehyun said.

Daehyun fellt like he was blushing.

He hoped that no one will notice.

 

“I have an Idea, let’s do karaoke!” Youngjae said.

 Daehyun fellt excited he had always wanted to play karaoke with his friends, but they never wanted to.

 Now he finally had a chance to do it.

First it was Youngjae’s turn, because he was the one who suggested it.

He chose a romantic ballad.

Shivers went down Daehyun’s spine, Youngjae was good at putting emotion in a song.

 The words of Owl City’s song “Lonely Lullaby” pierced thru Daehyun’s soul.

 

I sang my princess fast to sleep

Cause she was my dream come true

Oh Anna Lee* believe me

I loved you

But now those lonely lullabies

Just dampen my tired eyes

Because I can’t forget you

Because I can’t forget you

 

Daehyun could tell that Youngjae was trying hard to fight his tears as he was singing.

 

Next it was Daehyun’s turn, he had to sing together with Yaël.

They had to sing “the only exception” from Paramore.

 

Maybe I know somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Or keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now I've sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Well you are the only exception etc…

 

Daehyun fellt his hart pounding as he watched Yaël passionatly sing her part.

He fellt warm inside.

Yaël’s eyes were sparkeling and her smile was so bright, she could almost light up the entire room. Daehyun’s hands, that were firmly holding the microphone, were starting to tremble.

Yaël smiled at him and placed a hand on his shoulder, encouriging him to sing.

Her hand fellt very warm.

Daehyun didn’t want to dissapoint her, so he started to sing.

Yaël had a surprised face expression, he couldn’t tell if it was good or bad.

So he made sure to do his very best to sing well.

After they finished, the others gave a huge applause. “Daehyun! I had no idea you could sing this good!” Zelo said.

“I have an idea! You guys should all do a song together!” Yaël said.

 

The voices of the guys natrually blended well, Daehyun fellt a rush thru his body, a serge of motivation that he hadn’t fellt in a long time.

“That was AMAZING!” Jongup yelled.

“Indeed it was! And you all sounded amazing! You all should form a band!” Yaël said.

“Yeah, why not?!” Zelo said.

“Well, I don’t know if I will have time for that with my job and all…”Yongguk said

“Ah, come on. Don’t be such a partypooper!” Youngjae said

“Just live a little!”.  “Well allright then…”Yongguk said.

Daehyun couldn’t hide his excitement, finally, he found a new lifegoal again.

 

 

“Maybe we should call ourselfs Krispy Koalas!” Jongup yelled with excitement.

“Uhh, why koalas again?….” Himchan asked.

 “Why not?!” Jongup said with a smirk. Daehyun started to get a feeling that he will never be able to understand this guy.

Despite that, Daehyun loved hanging out with him, well not only him, but all of them.

Daehyun looked over to see if Yaël had anymore ideas, instead he found her asleep on the couch with a notebook on her head.

Carefully he lifted the notebook off to make sure she can breath properly.

On the open page it said “Song ideas:” and it had a few sentences written down.

Daehyun smiled, he respected her effort and they were all good idea’s, but he realised he probably shouldn’t be reading this without her knowing.

So he placed the notebook back on the table. Daehyun told the others to go home, because it was late.

 “Should I bring her back home?” Yongguk asked.

“I think it will be better for her to stay here, she had a rough time earlier, now she can finally sleep peacefully.

Besides her dad isn’t home, so if she were to have a panic attack no one would be there to help her.”Daehyun said.

“You’re probably right, but if there’s any problem, please call me.” Yongguk said.

 

Carefully Daehyun carried Yaël to his bed.

He took a seat on the chair in front of her and gently wiped her hair out of her face.

He stared at her peacefull face for a little while.

Even in her sleep Yaël had a soft smile on her face, Daehyun wonderd what she is thinking about.

He gently gave her a kiss on her forehead then he went over to his brothers room and layed down in his bed.

 He stared at the ceiling as his hart was was pounding a mile a minute.

Slowly a blinding darkness covered his eyes and dosed him of into sleep.

 

 

 

*Normally it’s “Annemarie” not Anna Lee.