fin.

you're too cute to be alone

It's Halloween in Everland, and Mark is feeling more bored than scared. Maybe it's just him being his typical self, easy to excite and even easier to bore, or maybe it's how all of his friends are refusing to ride any of the rollercoasters with him. Which was silly, really, and even annoying in some ways because they were the ones who dragged him out of bed in the first place. 

"It's Halloween!" Jackson said. 

"It's time to go to theme parks and have some fun!" Jackson said.

"There's no way I'm riding that rollercoaster with you!" Jackson also said.

Mark watched how practically everybody else agreed with Jackson. He watched Bambam and Yugyeom head towards the food court, with an unwilling Youngjae trailing behind, probably forced into buying the youngests some treats. Anything to escape riding the rollercoaster, apparently. Jackson was grinning and waving at a distance as Mark stood in line, trying his best to glare but ultimately failing.

"You will regret this," Mark mouthed from his spot in the line. He was pretty sure Jackson understood that, but still the latter mouthed a "what?" back before snickering and following after the others.

Mark sighed. 

'I should have stayed in bed.'

~

"Did you come alone, sir?" 

After being in line for a good 10 minutes, Mark finally reached the area where people actually board the ride. In the distance, he could hear the usual "keep you head, hands, and feet inside the ride" being said in at least 3 languages. But for now, his focus was on the employee who had just spoken to him. 

"To this ride, yes," Mark said (bitterly).

The employee's lips quirked into a smile as he led Mark to one of the carts in the middle.

"Oh, is your girlfriend too scared?"

The question made Mark scoff, and maybe redden a bit at the employee's bluntness. 

"I-I don't have one," He stammered back after a while, "I came with my friends. They're all cowards."

The guy laughed, his eyes turning into crescent shapes that Mark had to admit was pretty pleasing to the eye. He sat in the one-seater cart and was about to fix his seatbelt when all of a sudden a pair of hands were adjusting the strap instead. His eyes had gotten used to the darkness enough to read the golden pin on the guy's chest. Jinyoung, the tag read. 

Well, Jinyoung was ridiculously close right now.

He may or may not smell really good, too.

"It's hard to believe you're single, since you're so good looking."

Mark's eyes widened, mouth opening in shock just as Jinyoung pulled back, an incredible cheeky grin on his face. The engines started running and Mark felt the ride move slowly.

"Enjoy the ride!"

~

If you ask him, Mark would definitely deny that he looked for the cheeky looking employee named Jinyoung when the ride ended and he was back at the boarding area. He would deny how his eyes scanned the faces of the employee's lined up there, and at some point he even scanned the crowd. Sadly, he was instead greeted by this guy named Jaebum who told him "sir, the exit is over here."

Mark would, however, not deny how he searched for his friends right as he exited and found that they were nowhere to be found. They were no longer at the food court where he expected them to be. He walked around a little more before deciding to sit at a nearby store and just text Jackson for their whereabouts.

To: Jackson Wang
Yo where you guys at?

10 minutes with no reply later, and Mark officially concluded that the first thing he would do when he sees Jackson is to throw his phone at his friend's head.

~

Mark decided then to enter said nearby store. It was one of those stores that sold merchandise like dolls and pillows and cute headbands and the like. Should he buy something? Should he not buy something? Did he even have the money to buy something? That thought led to the thought that he was the one who drove everyone over and that Everland was far and that gas was expensive. He let out a loud sigh. 

'I regret.'

"Sir, loneliness is a no-no here at Everland."

The (surprisingly) familiar voice that came from behind him almost made Mark freeze in shock. Nonetheless, he turned around, already knowing that he would once again be face to face with the employee from the rollercoaster earlier. Jinyoung, he remembered. (Jinyoung, he couldn't forget.)

"Mark," He found himself blurting out, earning himself raised eyebrows and a smirk from the other. "My name is Mark."

"Hi, Mark," Jinyoung said in his usual teasing manner. "This store is far from scary. Where are your friends now?"

Mark glanced at his phone in time to see that it was actually lighting up with a text message from Jackson.

From: Jackson Wang
About to enter a haunted house!!! :P 
Look for us!!!

Mark sighed, mumbling a barely audible "how about no?" before continuing in a louder, and clearly unimpressed voice.

"About to enter a haunted house, apparently."

The smile on Jinyoung's face grew wider. He told Mark to wait in place ("As if I would go anywhere.") and disappeared in the crowd. He emerged again a few minutes later, with a very big difference. He got rid of the seasonal black and orange vest thing he was wearing, as well as the pin that says Jinyoung. 

Mark raised his eyebrows in silent question.

"Well, Mark, I'm officially on break. You don't mind if I accompany you, do you?"

A wide smile began to break out on Mark's face as he shook his head.

"I don't mind at all."

~

From: Jackson Wang
Bro where are you 

From: Jackson Wang
Hey it's getting late

From: Jackson Wang
Should we be heading home???

From: Jackson Wang
Don't ignore me :( 
Where you at???

From: Jackson Wang
I'm sorry we left you alone!!! :(

From: Jackson Wang
Yo who's the guy you're with??????????????

 

 

 

(eventually written and finished around 3AM holla guys it's done)