The harmless stalker

The harmless stalker

Title: The harmless stalker
Wordcount:  9,300+
Author: Daughterof_loki [----LJ----] [----AFF----]
Pairing: XiuHan Xiumin/Luhan Lumin or whatever…..
Rating:  one shot ; Fluff? Or so I try. I really tried…OTL  /coughsTsundereXiumincoughs.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them, but oh I wish I do….. u_u 
Summary:  Stalker is something Xiumin never expected in all his life, a caring, sweet, loving and endearing stalker is something he don’t deserve. /or so he thinks/
Warning: bad writing. u_u and un edited, ill edit this when I have time, andwhen im not lazy…n_n               

 

 

 

                Xiumin knows he’s not a normal student. Dark rimmed glasses that carry as much books as possible all around the place, recites probably way too much, and a man who probably lacks friends. That’s how everyone sees him. That’s even how he sees himself.

                So when he arrived in his locker to squeeze in other sets of books inside, seeing a letter are probably something he never thought that could happen, or even hoped that could happen, of all the things, getting noticed by someone is something he never liked. I like being alone, thank you very much. Xiumin tend to repeat it to himself everytime some people tries to be-friend him.

                So when xiumin looks at the letter that falls from his locker, thankfully landing down his smooth palm, the man somehow hoped that it’s from the principal that asking him to drop by, or from a teacher that demands his assistance, or even from the librarian that’s somehow pissed at him for not fixing the books in alphabetical order right after he borrowed them.  Anything but a love letter.

                The man looked around, trying to check the whole ground, thinking who could possibly send this hell of a letter. Swiftly tugging all his books inside the locker as he discreetly tugs the letter inside his pants pocket.

 

                Once xiumin finally settled on the bus on the way to his apartment, he tried to scan the place for anyone he knows, trying to name out all the passenger, but thankfully it only consist an old couple, a kid with his mother, a guy that’s probably playing or reading something on his phone that seems to be wearing the same uniform as his and a girl that sits on the far corner of the bus that he’s pretty sure it’s not from his school.

                Jongdae, Amber  and Dongwoo, probably the only friend he acknowledge, are no-where to be seen, so this is most likely the safest time to read and know what the letter consist. Minseok swiftly fished for the letter inside his pocket and flatten it on his legs, carefully checking out the blank envelope, trying to weigh what would win, his curiosity or his annoyance at the letter.

 

 

                As it turned out, his ing curiosity won.

 

                He hesitantly opens the letter and to his dismay, the letter consists of some of the weirdest “possibly” love letter he ever read. And absolutely the creepiest.

 

                                                                                Hi Kim Minseok, I would really love to get to know you well, but right now, I would like it if you will eat well, I noticed that you somehow stopped eating the cake that you used to love, your body is perfectly fine. I’m starting to worry.

 

                Xiumin don’t really know what to do. He doesn’t know if he should be worried about how the writer of the letter knows that he somehow stopped eating that ing chocolate cake, that ing cake that Zitao, his roommate, somehow bet him that he won’t be able to stop himself from eating the cake for two whole week and that Zitao should read four horror book that Yixing and Minseok picked. A bet that 1000 ing won will need to provide whoever lose. He doesn’t really know if he should be scared or maybe creeped out about the concern the person was trying to show. Either way, he doesn’t like it.

                He decided to just slip the letter back in his pocket and throw it away back in his apartment, it won’t really be good to throw it in the bus, and he don’t like the idea of the possibility of someone picking it up and reading it. He doesn’t want to get anymore unwanted attentions, for gods sake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                The thought of the letter never bothered him for two days, he actually almost forgot about it. Until another letter falls off his locker. He didn’t bother hiding the letter, and not even wondering who it is. It’s the exact same paper, same texture and same smell, and once he was able to open it, it has the same beautiful hand writing with different words.

 

                I hope you don’t mind me asking your email? I can’t really find it anywhere and it’s hard to find someone who knows it.

 

                Xiumin can’t help to knit his eyebrow as his fingers lightly brush against the paper, tracing the letters with the pad of his fingers from time to time. There is no way that he would give a perfect stranger his email, and even if he’s that stupid, how would he even give that person his email? Telepathy? Or maybe he expects him to post his email all over the place in some hope that the stalker would get it?

                The guy’s probably stupid.

He thinks as he dipped the letter in his pocket, starting to walk out of the building. He’s hating him more and more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                For one whole month, letters keep on dropping in his locker. He never knew who it is and as the time crawls by; with him, not knowing, the hate over the guy builds up. Of all the things Minseok hates, he hates being clueless the most. So no one could ever know how thankful he is at Jongdae once he gave him certain information. It was lunch.

 

                Amber and Xiumin were eating cake, one slice for each. He doesn’t really know but ever since he received the first letter, he decided not to troll Zitao and start eating his favorite cake again. That’s when Jongdae sits beside xiumin, parting his mouth wide, mentally asking for a piece. The man just shove a huge piece in Jongdae’s mouth instead of arguing. Because arguing with this man will take him to nowhere. but no matter how he hates it when Jongdae talks with his mouth full, he can’t help but to look at the man when he started to talk.

                “So’ whot doe’s L’han whant last ngh’t?” asked Jongdae while barely opening his mouth, trying to chew the cake that xiumin gave him. he’s used to the man ignoring him but this time, Xiumin looked back at him and lift his eyebrow.

                “Who? When?” Xiumin have no idea what Jongdae’s talking about. It’s about someone and about last night, that’s what he’s sure. And last night was the last time he received a letter, so it’s probably, maybe, hopefully, about that.

                Jongdae chew and gulps down all the food in his mouth with ease, looking back again at his friend to finally talk without any food in his mouth. “I said what do luhan want last night? I saw him putting something in your locker, so I asked him and-“

                “wait. Who?” Xiumin blinked. Luhan. He definitely know the man… or maybe he heard the name somewhere, but at least he’s sure he heard and knows the creepy stalker.

                Jongdae paused and looked at him straight in the eye, lifting his eyebrow. He’s quite fine getting the man’s attention, but he’s also not used to it. So he’s now wondering what, in the actual hell is Xiumin all up to? “I said what do luhan want with you?” he repeated while staring at his friend. Xiumin on the other hand stayed clueless, Jongdae can’t really believe how the man would stay stupid with these kind of topic other than the fact that he’s the top in the school.

                “you have no idea who luhan is, huh?” asked jongdae while lifting his eyebrow. Scratching the back of his head, Jongdae pointed out the notice board inside the canteen that’s visible. Xiumin followed his friend’s hands and blinked, reading what’s in it. Filled with fliers and notice about different groups and dates of some special events, but at the right corner of it, the list of student council and the name “Lu Han” is on the very top of it.

                “president?”  Xiumin chocked as he stare into the board, wide eyed staring into the name. It can’t be right. Maybe he’s not the guy who always writes to him.  Xiumin thinks as he looks away, focusing his eyes at the food in front of him. Maybe the student council president was just trying to check if there’s some things inside his locker…

                “what did he-“

                “he told me that he just wants to talk to you. It’s a letter, huh? What does it say?” said Jongdae as he continue to stuff food in his mouth as fast as he can, looking straight at Xiumin  filled with curiosity.

                Xiumin just blinked and knit his eyebrow. There’s a possibility that it’s not him.there’s a possibility that it’s not the president of the school council. Or maybe he’s hoping that it’s not him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Xiumin rather be inside the library than be in his dorm, he would rather listen to his professors than listen to his friend, he would rather read mountains of books than read those friggin sensual novels that everybody likes. He knows he’s peculiar, he likes it that way. He knows that he’s different, and he knows that no one will like him because of it. And now that his belief was rendered false, he now dreaded for the classes to end. Wishing for the letters to end.

                “XIumin.” Xiumin heard his friend utter once their professor dismissed them. “sir wu asked for you,  blabberin’ about the compiling the books in proper order or something?”

                Xiumin bit his lips and groans lightly, it’s normal for kris to call him out about that. Kris is a new teacher and his childhood friend, though six years older, they’ve always been close to each other. And once kris graduated and decided to teach in his university, their closeness got stronger, although, only Zitao knows about their friendship since kris thinks that it’s for the best.  We can’t openly show them that we’re too close, People might think I favor you. Kris always repeats whenever they talk a bit too close around the university.

                But because Kris was the new faculty member that was assigned at the library while Xiumin always volunteer in it, it’s the only place they were able to talk as much as possible inside the university. Although, kris always nag him about volunteering but never doing his job. The only reason why he volunteered  is the access anytime inside the library. Though, he never plan to tell kris that, or he might kick him out of the place. So xiumin just nodded at his classmate and start to pick up his books, determined to made up some excuses just in case Kris wanted him to fix or arrange something.  

 

 

 

 

 

                “took you long enough!” Kris groaned once he saw Xiumin entered the library. Only a few students were around today, which is normal in xiumin’s opinion, most professors don’t mind internet searched research and even if they have computers in the library, most people prefer the comfort of their own home while they do their research. But for Xiumin, he’s positive that he won’t get tired of the place. He love the paper, the weight and the scent of old books, the peculiar scent of the old ink that was inscribed in each pages. He just love it that way, so he don’t really mind if less people would go in it. All he need is the very access to the place, and probably some peace and quiet.

                “I got classes, you jerk.” Xiumin said as he threw his bag beside kris, walking behind the counter to sit and take the logs of the books that was borrowed. “you could have just fixed these on your own you know, three of my essays are due tomorrow.” Xiumin said as he list each blocks where the books needed to be placed back. The faster he’s done, the better. Hoping that Kris won’t ask him to fix every books that was left on the tables all over the place.

                “Wow, and here I thought you missed me.” Kris uttered and shook his head. Trying his best to sound hurt but completely forgotten the attempt once he remembered why he asked Xiumin to come. “Oh! Do you know someone named Luhan?”

                Xiumin blinked, knitting his eyebrow as his body frozed, not moving an inch. Who the is that guy and why does he keep hearing the name?

                “Uhn… not really… I heard he’s the president of the student council?” said Xiumin, still unsure about what Jongdae told him. hoping that he’s wrong about the president thing. He doesn’t know why, but he just hope that he’s wrong.

                Kris nodded, staring straight at his bestfriend.

                The man felt the stare pierce through his skin, flinching a bit while he look back at kris, “why’d you asked anyway?” said Xiumin as he finished the list, giving it at Kris as he then stood up.

                “Ah… I saw him a few days ago… never mind…”

                Xiumin blinked, he never like it when Kris tries to keep a secret from him. last time he kept a secret from him, he end up cursing in front of all his professors and councilors for just suddenly seeing his bestfriend already hired at his school, standing in front of everyone with a wide smile plastered in his face. The nerve of the guy not telling him that he applied and that he was hired as a professor for such a young age.

                “tell me or I won’t go here for the whole week!” threatened Xiumin while glaring at his bestfriend, crossing his arms while standing straight, towering down at kris as the man continue to sit, looking at him without a hint of fear.

                “do that and I’ll report you to the dean” said Kris while smiling as if he already won the argument.

                “ill just easily said that I’m studying, you .”

                “and the credit that you’ll get here will be deducted from your grades.”

                “I got enough credits to apply for the third year! I just like to study that’s why I didn’t  take the chance!”

                Kris frozed, looking straight at Xiumin with his lips pressed tight, clearly trying to think of the possible way to threaten his bestfriend, but definitely failing. “nerd.” He said in the end, finally somehow yielding.

                “creep. Now tell me.” Demanded xiumin as he stare at his giant friend.

                Kris paused and scratches his head, taking the list of the books, contemplating if he should tell him or not.

                “come on… please…” begged Xiumin, pouting in front Kris, trying his best to be cute. Knowing damn well that the man loves cute stuff the most. specially xiumin. Kris groaned, pressing his huge hands all all over Xiumin’s face, pushing the man playfully as he stand up. “fine, fine!” groaned Kris, looking around not wanting to be heard.

                “I saw him putting something in your locker.”

                Xiumin blinked. Old news. Chen already told him that. “that’s it?”

                Kris smiled and shakes his head, smiling softly at his bestfriend. “when I asked him what he’s doing, the man asked me if I’m dating you.”

                Xiumin coughed, he might have chocked if he was eating something, too shock to contemplate the question. What.dating.what.who. huh?

                Xiumin looked at kris, blinking a couple of times as his mind wonders, possibly in different dimension. Jaw dropped wide while his eyes pinned at Kris.

                Kris chuckled. He should have put his money in it. Because he was so sure that Xiumin will react this way. As xiumin gulped nothing, coughing a bit, trying to clear his dry throat, kris handed him a bottled water. “anyway, I told him that I’m not dating you, so he still know that you’re single. But I think the guy likes you.” Said the man with a smile.

                Restless, Xiumin took the bottled water, taking one gulp as he nod. He don’t really know if it’s for the best, but somehow, back in his mind, he hope that Kris just said that he’s dating him. the letters might probably stop, but so does Kris’ work. So Xiumin smiled dismissively at Kris and walked away, leaving the pile of books on the tables un arranged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Maybe Xiumin knows that he left Kris with all those books un arranged, but he can’t really go back. His mind’s too preoccupied by this creep stalker of his. He probably saw this Luhan already. It’s hard not to know the president of student council, but he spend too much time in the library and classrooms that he sometimes don’t attend any school gathering, always ending up in the library, piles of books in front of him. His friends understands him so he haven’t really thought of it as being antisocial, but now he’s somehow blaming himself for not trying to at least try to know the members of the student council.

                Scratching his head, xiumin bit his lower lips, entering the hallway where their locker lined out, fixing the stacks of books that he needed to leave and getting ready for the books that stacked inside his locker, somehow in the mood of reading the norse mythology book that Kris lend him three days ago.

                But before he reached his locker, he realized that a man stands still infront of it, staring. Just staring at his locker, not really doing anything, or maybe already put something in it. Xiumin can’t really be sure, but all he know is that the man possibly standing there for quite some time already. Just staring nonchalantly at his locker, possibly scanning it.

                “Excuse me…” Xiumin said, almost whisper, but enough to be heard around the silent hallway.

                The man flinched, quickly looking at him, hi orb eyes pierce through him, blonde messed up hair scattered every side of his head that almost as if he just woke up, plush cheeks and smooth skin greet xiumin as the man stare at him, lips parted as if almost in shock, almost as if he can’t move. As if too shock at the presence of the latter.  

                “Xiumin…” Xiumin heard, knitting his eyebrow, not liking the man uttering his name without him knowing who in ing hell he is.

                “And you are?” Xiumin asked, crossing his arms against his chest. As he continue to stare at the man, he somehow can’t put his finger in it, but somehow, he knows the face.

                The man smiled, his dry chapped lips as he walk closer at xiumin, offering his hands for a shake. “The name’s luhan, it’s finally nice to meet you.” Tilting his head to the side, while his eyes shimmers in delight. Finally being able to talk to the man.

                Luhan. So it is him. Staring straight at the man, he can’t help but to think how beautiful he is, “so it’s you…” Xiumin said, biting the corner of his lips while he look down, hesitating if he should shake the man’s hand or not. He decided not to shake it, as his hands grip against the leather of his bag.

                Luhan tugs his own hand, trying to get xiumin’s attention, wanting to shake the latter’s hand. “come on, I won’t bite.” Luhan said as his lips curled up, almost cockily. The man with beautiful face almost drowned him in an instant, the man with angel face seems too cocky for him now, somehow scary. And even scarier once Xiumin remembers the creepy letters he have been receiving for a month.

                Xiumin stepped back. The man might even be dangerous, but he knows that this guy won’t hurt him inside the campus. He’s the president of the student council for gods sake. But he can’t be sure once he’s outside the school. “are you sure? Seems like you will though.” Said Minseok, gnawing on his lower lips, short nails digs right against the leather of his bag, holding it as if ready to throw it at the man once Luhan do something. One wrong move.  Minseok thinks.

                “Oh, did I scare you? Sorry, it’s not my intention…” Said luhan as he look at Minseok’s locker.  “Don’t worry, I won’t write you anything anymore…”

                Xiumin’s chest somehow loosen up. He won’t? he won’t. Xiumin smiled as he look straight at luhan. So he’s not so creepy after all.

                “I was just thinking that I should actually introduce myself to you, my friends keep on telling me that I’m such a coward for just leaving letters, and even if it’s painful to admit, they’re somehow a little bit, kinda maybe right….” Luhan said with a soft smile.

                Minseok stare. He doesn’t understand what this man means….

                “so from now on, I’ll talk to you and probably court you…” said Luhan, scratching the back of his head, almost shy, possibly blushing with his cheeks redder than usual. “don’t worry, I won’t bother you in anything you do, I might just follow you wherever you go, but no worries there! you might not even notice that I’ll be around, I just want to be with you!”

                Blinking once, twice, Xiumin scrunch his face up, staring at the man, this guy’s looking less and less beautiful the more he talk.

                “You can’t do that….” Xiumin said as he stare. Follow him everywhere?  No way. “who the do you think you are?” xiumin says in exasperation, too startled at the man whose still looking straight at him, smiling softly while staring straight, maybe creepily, at his eyes.

                “a man who is in-love with you?” Said the man shamelessly without blinking, without hesitation just with disturbing twinkling eyes.

                “a stalker, more like.” Xiumin hissed with a scrunched up face.

                He can’t believe this man. God damn it, of all people who will possibly like him, why must be this weird creep? Xiumin stormed out of the hallway, forgetting that he should leave and take some of the books. Luhan continue to follow him as he walk out of the campus.

                “don’t you have anyone else to stalk? Can’t you just leave me alone?  I don’t like your presence. Go away.” Huffs minseok as he his lips, walking as fast as he could. He should have stayed with kris. If he stayed and continue his work in the library, He won’t probably see this guy standing in front of his locker.

                “not really. I just want to be by your side. Don’t worry, I won’t touch you or even hurt you.” Said luhan, strutting beside Minseok, trying his best to keep up with Minseok’s fast steps.

                Xiumin groaned and rolled his eyes as he stepped at the bus stop. Annoyed at how Luhan continue to follow him even there. “I’m going home, can’t you just go home too?”

                “I am going home.” Luhan smiled  as he nonchalantly dip his hands inside the pocket of his pants, as if waiting for the bus, not stalking at all. Xiumin stare at the man, scanning him as if trying to remember who the hell could this man be.

                Luhan looked at him and smiled.

                “YOU!” shouted Xiumin, pointing his point finger at the man beside him, wide eyes and parted lips due to shock.  “It’s you!”

                Luhan bliked and tilt his head. “Me?”

                “you’re that guy from the bus… the one who always sits behind with the black earphone…!” he can’t believe it. Every day. Every day on his way home from school, there’s this one guy with the same uniform who always sits at the far end of the bus, Xiumin never really thought that he might be the stalker because the man seems to not notice him at all. Xiumin assumed that the man was just a student who, same as him, have some group activities. he should have thought.

                “Oh… you just figured that out?” Luhan asked with a smile, not troubled at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Minseok opened his eyes as his alarm clock beeps nonstop. He never really was able to sleep. Now that he know what this luhan looks like, he can’t help but to see him everywhere. At first he’s positive that Luhan is the one in the bus. And as he confirmed that, Minseok shouldn’t worry anymore. But as he lay on his bed, he started to see the man’s face everywhere. Somehow, he can’t help himself to think that the man was always inside his favorite coffee shop. Maybe the guy in the corner that always faces his phone? Then thinking at luhan’s face more, he’s 80% positive that the man borrowed some books at the library, once or twice when he’s in charge of closing. For hours he continue to think, and continue to see the man everywhere. Maybe at the grocery store, possibly at the mall, absolutely at canteen of the school.

                As minseok continue to think of it, he’s getting more and more annoyed at how clueless he had been. He’s not really the person who’s not aware. Or even the stupid guy who’s not aware at his surroundings. He’s even amazed at how clueless he had been. Deep in him, he’s thankful that he know the luhan’s face now. But somehow regretting it whenever he think about it. He doesn’t really know if he’s ready to see the man everywhere he go. And be aware of the presence of the creep.

                “turn the ing alarm off!” xiumin heard Tao, his dorm mate shout. Flinching a bit he swiftly turned off the alarm clock and sits up. Not enough sleep because of the creep. Xiumin think as he rub his eyes. He doesn’t really know if he’s looking forward for the day to come.

                Groaning lightly, he stood up to get ready for school.

 

               

                With the last look at the mirror, minseok picked up his bag, dreading the time to move. But he knows that he needs to keep moving and probably just ignore luhan if he try to approach him. he’s determined to just pretend luhan don’t exist at all.

                “Oh no….” xiumin groaned once he stepped out of his dorm.

                Luhan’s squatting down, playing with the stray cat that minseok fed maybe once or twice. This is earlier than expected. He’s about to get himself ready once he’s in the bus.  But not now, not when he’s not mentally prepared yet.

                “took you so long.” Luhan said as he stand up, leaving the cat rolling on the ground.  Smiling at him, luhan dip his hand inside his pocket, letting the cat nuzzle against his heel. Animals do like him huh?  Thinks minseok as he roll his eyes, trying to ignore luhan as he walk

“I can carry your bag you know.” Said Luhan as he walk side by side with him on the way to the bus stop. “I know that you forgot to leave some of the books in your locker last night, so it’s probably heavier than you’re used to carry. I can carry it for you for now.” Luhan insisted as he tilt his head, trying to look at Xiumin’s face. 

                “no thanks” shrugged Xiumin as he tug his bag at his shoulder. He don’t need anyone’s help, specially this creep’s help.

“are you sure?” luhan said as he blinked, releasing a soft sigh as he continue to walk beside minseok.

                MInseok just shrugged, looking away from Luhan, trying to pretend that he’s not around.

                “I’m sure that Kai and the others will be shock. Oh, you probably don’t know, kai’s the secretary of the student council, also my bestfriend, suho and Sehun’s my friend too, but I don’t really know if Chanyeol is a friend, but since he’s close to Baekhyun, I guess he’s ok with me.” Xiumin’s starting to get irritated now. This guy’s more talkative than Chen, and he’s not really even sure why he like Kim JongDae. “I’ll introduce them to you.” Luhan continue as he flash his wide smile, started to stand still once they reached the bus stop. “You might not like Sehun, since he’s too y but he’s loyal. Like a puppy. Or maybe more like a Chihuahua. But still, he’s quite okay. Kai tend to talk alone, you might get creeped by him, but don’t worry, he always do that, he’s not dangerous or something. “ Luhan assured Xiumin while smiling. Xiumin don’t understand anything luhan said.  “Suho’s the only normal one that I can introduce to you, but they’re all friendly, you don’t have to worry about anything.”

 

 

                Luhan continue to talk nonstop until they reached the school. Walking him up to his room.

                Minseok never like the attention. But now, he started to hate it, as everyone stare at luhan and him, watching how the man guide him inside his own room. Every eyes pinned at them, possibly shock at the presence of the head of student council at their room. Every eyes lingered at Luhan then landed at Minseok, absolutely shock at the weird development of the day. What pissed Minseok more is how luhan just ignored the attention and waved goodbye at Minseok. Probably too used to everyone looking at him.

                “See you later.” Said luhan as he walk away.

                MInseok look at Luhan’s back, sighing deep until he disappears down the hall. Scratching his cheeks, Xiumin glared at Chen who walked beside him, huge grin plastered at his ugly troll face.

                “Shut up.” Said Minseok before the man could start. Goodness, yes, he love his friend but he should be aware to not talk to him like this. not now when he’s about to shrink in embarrassment.

 

 

               

 

                Xiumin expected Luhan to be around after the classes, possibly standing stupidly close at his locker, waiting for him to bring him home, he even mentally made a note to remember to put his books in the locker, because no matter how he hates it to admit, Luhan’s right. His bag was pretty heavy today.

                He expected it, but not when they’re in the canteen. Maybe subconsciously he knew that this guy will be around, but he can’t help but to still be shock when a wide eye, beautiful eyes and creepy stare greet him once Amber, Jongdae, Yixing and him was done ordering some food.

                “Hey! You guys can sit with us!” greeted Luhan with a smile. Minseok’s friend looked at each other, each eyes landed at Minseok in the end, but before he could say no. ready to tell the man that there’s probably not enough chair, Yixing, that stupid-always-high-stupidly-looking-groggy yixing said “Yeah, sure”

                Wide eyes, he’s determined to stop his friends, but as if adding fuel to the fire, Jongdae grinned and loop his arms around minseok’s shoulder. “sure, why not.” He said, almost discreetly pushing minseok closer and closer to Luhan’s friends. Back in Minseok’s mind, he wanted to splat the stupid cake on his tray at Jongdae’s face. Chen ordered the ing thing, so there’s nothing to lose. But with the attention that it might get, he contemplated not to do it. Maybe he’ll just kick jongdae once they’re alone.

                As they reached the table, everyone sit comfortably leaving one sit beside Luhan. Beside Luhan, there’s six guys. all handsome and maybe everyone’s member of the student council. Minseok flinched as he scans the table. each have their own unique looks, but damn ing good looks.

                “wow. So you’re not lying.” Said the man with handsome face, blonde hair but without any emotion as he talk. “I thought you’re just being delusional” said the man.

                “shut up Sehun.” Luhan said as he throw one piece of fries at the man. And throwing a glare at the man who just scoffed, giggling almost stupidly beside the cute guy. Minseok just noticed how possibly tall the man is, huge eyes and ears, and maybe as tall as kris? He can’t really be sure until he see the man standing. But the huge smile on his face don’t seems out of place. Xiumin can’t help but to smile back, as the man with huge ears wiggled his eyebrow, looking at him. 

                “Anyway, this is Sehun.” Luhan pointed at Sehun, sehun just looked at him and bowed his head, almost as if amused by the presence of the man in front of him. “and that’s chanyeol.” Pointed at the tall man. Chanyeol flashed his pearly white teeth and waved, then the  small man beside him waves too.”And I’m baekhyun, and this is DO and suho.” Baekhyun pointed at his other side and beside the one who’s named D.O. The suho guy smiled at him but D.O stared at him forquite some time then said “do you know that this guy’s a stalker?

                Sehun scoffed as he drinks his can of softdrinks, lifting it up lightly, edging the man to bump their drinks. “Cheers.” Grinned sehun at D.O as he flash his first smile at Minseok. Luhan just rolled his eyes and pointed at the guy beside him, the one who have been staring at him from luhan’s shoulder. “Anyway, this is Kai, my bestfriend.”

                “Ouch.” Said sehun as he hold his chest. “bestfiend huh?” repeated sehun with a scrunched up face. “I feels so betrayed” Luhan just ignored the man as Chanyeol heaves out some gagging sound while holding his own chest, pretending to be hurt as well at Luhan’s claim.

                “you can actually do it. I thought you’re light years ahead.” Kai said, looking straight at Minseok but talking to Luhan.

                Minseok smiled as he nod at Kai. He almost said hi, until he heard someone beside him talk.

                “so can I ask what do you like about our minseok?”

                Xiumin wishes that it’s just a dream, but the familiar voice echoed in his ears. Kim.ing.Jongdae. Minseok’s lips curved up, trembling as he look at the man. His eyes traveled around the table, almost shock at amber and Yixing’s smile. Oh, of course these little devils will smile.  Minseok said to himself as he slammed his feet down at Jongdae’s feet. Either he hurt the man or not, he don’t really know. Chen shows no sign of pain while he stare at Luhan. Minseok look at his left side, trying to elbow Jongdae at his right.

                Luhan have the decency to blush.  Smiling so angelic as he look down, possibly thinking of the best way to start his sentence.

                “Oh! Oh! Oh!” said Chanyeol, raising his arms up, as if asking to be called by a professor. “Me! Me! Me! I know the answer!” the guy named suho shook his head as sehun and D.O smiled grimly. Baekhyun giggled as he whispered, but enough to be heard all around the table. “we all know the answer.” The little man said as he take his spoon, taking another bite from his plate, watching the gentle giant beside him.

                “probably too tired to hear the answer.” Hummed Sehun with a flash of mocking grin in his lips, looking at Minseok then at jongdae.

                Chanyeol cleared his throat and tries to crack his neck, playful grin lingers at his lips as he look at luhan. “it’s because he’s really cute, and possibly the most gentle, most adorable, most beautiful human he ever saw.” Xiumin stared at chanyeol, but he can feel every eye at him, he could almost see their smile while the man talks. “his beautiful red lips that’s the roses itself would probably be ashamed to bloom around it.” Said chanyeol dreamily as he look at luhan. “his perfect almond shaped eyes that filled with rusty bronze, that gods probably fashioned the color from it’s presence.”

                Xiumin could feel his ears slowly heating as the tall man talk. He was so wrong. The man possibly came straight from hell. “his silky smooth skin” chanyeol continue with a grin on his face “those ivory skin, almost porcelain that so hypnotizing to look at.”

                “His music like laughter, the voice that mermaids would be reluctant to sing beside it” minseok blinked, not seeing Chanyeol’s lips move. Then he realized that Sehun is the one who’s talking now, continuing the sentence as if it’s a line that they recited for quite some time now. “a demeanor that could entrance everyone around him.  a scent that’s too stimulating, so thrilling and breathtaking that it could almost posses you right there and then.”

                Minseok realized that he’s blushing. He can’t really move. Or maybe he doesn’t want to, because he knows that with one single move, everyone in the room will notice him.

                “and lastly, his presence that could light up the whole room, the gentle and euphonic presence that could take his breath away~” ended Baekhyun with a sing-song like voice, giggling at the end, wiggling his eyebrow at Luhan. Who minseok realized was blushing too. Glaring at all his friend but blushing.

                “Wow….” Minseok heard amber said, lips parted wide and not eating at all. No one seems eating. What the hell, it’s their break, everyone should eat. God damn it. Why is their attention at him? Minseok cleared his throat as he take his spoon, ready to eat his steak, there he realized that his hand’s were shaking.

                “ugh….” Minseok groaned and stood up, cheeks flushed as he step back. “bathroom.” He said almost running away.

                Everyone stare at Xiumin until he disappeared from the door, everyone was quiet until Kai said. “i think you guys just fired his harddrive.” The man shrugged and faced his food once again.

                “Jongdae by the way.” Said jongdae. He knows that Xiumin will be ok, might as well pretend that nothing happened.

               

 

 

 

 

 

                Xiumin tries his best to forget what happened at their break. But to be safe, Minseok excused himself before the classes end, swiftly going at the library, quite sure that Luhan would just wait around his locker, or maybe at the bus stop. So as he sit on his desk, checking out the list of books that was borrowed for the day, minseok opened his books to start with his essay, to pass the week from that day.

                “excuse me, can I ask where can I find the book two of this one?” Minseok heard the familiar voice then when he looked up, Minseok blinked and eyes widened. It’s kai. Xiumin gasped and swiftly stands up.

                Kai smiled, as if amused by minseok’s action. The latter bit his lower lips and looked down. “it’s ok, no need to hit the panic button,  I don’t have any virus.”

                Looking up, minseok smiled softly, taking the book and read the title. Programming. “it’s probably in the computer section.” Said minseok as he steps, about to guide Kai around the stocks of books where the computer programming were placed.

                “I’m sorry if I stormed out this afternoon…” started xiumin as he scan each tittles of the books.

                “it’s ok, it’s not your fault. It’s them who pushed your buttons. Just don’t blame luhan.” Kai said as he pause, lips curling up a bit. “he’s head over heels with you, hear him talk first before you hit any panic button.” 

                Minseok stare at him and blinked, he knows that it’s not Luhan’s fault, it’s that stupid chen’s fault and those handsome demons that possibly crawled up straight from hell. “I know it’s not his fault…”

                Kai smiled and suddenly picked up one book. “good, talk to him, he’s been beating himself up from the moment you walked out of the place. Just do me one favor, just don’t reformat him, he’s absolutely perfect the way he is now, so like him like that.” Kai said as he ruffled Minseok’s hair.

                Xiumin feels like a kid as Kai messes his hair. “this one seems good enough,” he continue as he show the man one huge book “it can make me up and running for my essay. Thanks.” Kai said as he leaves xiumin, sitting at the far corner of the library, picking up his notes from his backpack.

 

 

 

 

 

                Sighing deep, Minseok locked the library. It’s almost dark and Luhan might not even be waiting for him. maybe this is for the best, the man now know how he really is. he’s bound to know how xiumin is around other people. And it’s better if the man will dislike him for it. He’s the president of the student council, meaning he’s really good with people. Unlike xiumin who’s awkward and love how to be left alone. It’s better this way. Xiumin thinks as he tug the key inside his pocket, walking his way to his locker, the man blinked in shock.

                Luhan’s standing close to his locker, eyes staring into nowhere as if the burden of the world weighs against his shoulder, from the short moment xiumin stare at Luhan, the man sighed twice already, as if in trance, deep in a nightmare that luhan wanted end.

                Clearing his throat, Minseok started to step closer, looking straight at luhan, awkwardly fondling the hem of his own shirt. “I…” started Minseok as he face his locker, staring at it as he could feel the stare of the man, piercing right through him. “I didn’t mean to walk out…”

                Luhan continue to stare, too shock at Minseok’s words. “y-you’re not mad?”

                Minseok knit his eyebrow then finally looked at Luhan. Mad? Luhan’s the one who’s supposed to be mad. He even try to introduce him to his friends, and he’s the one who stormed out of the place.  “N-no… I guess not…” said Minseok as he stare at luhan. The sudden change amused xiumin.

                Luhan, who were somehow carrying a heavy burden suddenly beams, beautiful smile finally lingers on his lips while his eyes twinkles once again, looking at xiumin who were staring at him oddly. “oh, good.I thought you were mad, I mean, yes, Jongdae told me that you’re not mad, even amber and Yixing insisted that it will be ok, but I was so worried. I thought you won’t ever forgive me for telling those at my friends, and the way they recite it, I was so pissed… I’m sorry…” said Luhan suddenly like a kid once he said he’s sorry. Minseok smiled and shrugged, opening his locker and fixing his things.

                “it’s ok, I guess.” He said as he start to walk. Slow enough to let the man walk side by side with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                It has been weeks since he met Luhan, the second day Xiumin talked with Luhan’s friends, they quickly apologized at their action the first day. Xiumin learned to like the whole student council, Baekhyun who seems too talkative butalways shuts up whenever someone talk, eager to listen to anyone’s stories. Suho, the only decent guy around Luhan that seems like to just watch them and sometimes shake his head at chanyeol and sehun’s sarcasms. The two were probably evil twins in their past life. They love to be sarcastic at everything and sometimes too blunt that it’s somehow hurtful. But as Minseok talk to everyone, it seems that they’re all used to the two. Luhan’s bestfiend is probably the weirdest. Jongin ‘Kai’ Kim always stare at each and everyone, rarely smile but almost always with his techno babble. He learned to love Kai n every possible way but it will probably take him years before he even like sehun who always call him ‘cutie’, ‘baozi’ or sometimes ‘princess’ which piss him off the most.

                Yixing, jongdae, and amber got a bit too close to Luhan’s group. Even if the four of them were eating, sometimes Kai and sehun, or chanyeol and baekhyun, or suho and kai, even without luhan, they will end up sitting at their chair, talk about stuffs that minseok don’t understand. Sometimes celebrities, sometimes   computer games, and since they rarely talk about lessons, Minseok always end up clueless.

                Slowly, Minseok getting used to Luhan’s presence. He can’t help but to feel secure whenever the man’s around. But the only thing he can’t get used to is the stare. Everyone in the university seems to know Luhan. As the president, XIumin knows it, but he still can’t help but to feel annoyed at people staring at him whenever luhan follows him all over the school. The man even started to help him with his library work.

                “what cha’ reading?” asked Luhan as he sit beside minseok, huge book faced the petite man and his dark rimmed glasses. “history. Huh.” Answered Luhan himself, it became the usual pattern for both of them. Minseok will ignore every question of the man but at least acknowledge him for giving luhan some drinks or food from time to time.

                “don’t you feel dizzy reading history? It’s boring as for me.” Said luhan as he take some fries once Minseok moved it close to luhan.

                “it’s just some light reading.” Shrugged Minseok as he continue to read the book. “I heard that your roommate will be out of the apartment for the whole week, you should ask Yixing to be with you if zitao’s leaving.” Said Luhan, sincerely worried. “I might not be around for a week or two so im somehow worried that your roommate won’t be around…”

                Minseok stopped reading as he swiftly looked at Luhan. “how did you know my roommate?” asked xiumin, possibly the most stupid question he ever asked. Of course this creep know everything about him. “I’ll be ok.” He said without waiting for luhan’s answer.

                “it’s still better if Yixing sleeps there for the week. Ill go ask him.”

                Xiumin sighed and shook his head. he can’t really catch a break.

                “I’ll be fine alone. Don’t worry about me. Just don’t. I don’t need your worries.”

                Luhan stare at him and looked at his wrist watch, smiling softly as he stand up.

                “you’ll take care, ok?” Luhan said as he ruffle Minseok’s hair, which the petite man shrugged off. Trying to swat the latter’s hand away.

                “ugh, just go.” Xiumin said as he roll his eyes, taking some fries as Luhan start to strode off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                The first day, he was thankful. A time to be alone, without any worries of anyone looking at him. he can’t help but to smile as everyone talks with each other. Jongdae continue to wolf out some of his food, Yixing talk nonchalantly at Kai, amber and Suho continue to argue about some show that Minseok never heard of. But xiumin missed how being alone. Even if everyone’s on the table with him, it’s still pleasing that no one’s talking to him. so minseok delve into the peaceful moment, loving the calmness and tranquil day. For the first time, he’s not in the mood to read, he would just stare and smile at everyone, liking how no one talk to him.

                The second day, Minseok started to get worried. Maybe something happened to luhan? But if something did happen, he’s quite sure that his friends will tell him. specially chanyeol, sehun, and baekhyun, those talkative crazy kids. Minseok tried to talk to them as soon as they sits beside him. Starting some friendly talk as he smile. But no one ever mentioned luhan. Even kai seems too eager to talk about his programming crap.

                The third day, minseok was actually hoping to see the man in front of his dorm, waiting for him to step down the stairs, flashing his beautiful smile with a welcoming ‘goodmorning’ from his lips. But as if someone squished his heart once he saw the empty space where luhan always waits. Without the man, he feel weak, scared and somehow annoyed. How can he just disappear like that without telling him?

                The fourth day he realized everything. The last time Luhan talked to him was the time in the canteen, he can’t help but to blame himself. He remembered that he actually told luhan to leave him be. To just go and that he will be absolutely fine without him. a knot twist in his gut as the fear crush in his mind. He didn’t really go and leave because of that, right? He wouldn’t. he won’t…..

                Minseok stood straight, looking at the seemingly empty space where luhan used to wait for him, the stray cat that always walked by in the morning look straight at Minseok. The absence of luhan around the place seems so wrong. The absence of the man prickle his heart, like there’s some pieces that’s missing. As if a book without it’s words, sentence without it’s meaning. Minseok sighed as he walk his way on the bus stop. Everything seems to remind him of Luhan. The missing presence of the man beside him inside the bus. The absence of luhan’s nonstop voice around the place.

                Even the coffee shop that he’s so used to seems to lose it’s flavor. The sweet bitter taste of the coffee that he once loved somehow missing a piece. Maybe he really don’t mind Luhan around the place, waiting for him as he order his coffee. Everywhere he go, the thought of the man, the very thought of how the man’s not around tortures minseok heart. He feel guilty at his nonsense words might have hurt luhan.

                The loneliness in his dorm somehow aggravates his craving for Luhan’s presence. Without Tao to talk to, without anyone to bug, his mind can’t help but to wonder at his last meeting with Luhan. He can’t help but to blame himself at the man’s disappearance.  He badly wanted to ask Kai, suho or even chanyeol or sehun but pride trickle down his spine as he shrug off the words everytime he’s talking to them. He’s having a hard time reading even the lessons of their professors. He hates this feeling.

               

 

 

 

 

 

                It has been nine days since he saw luhan, and he can’t help but to hope, to beg every possible gods in existence to bring him back in his presence.

                Minseok gasp. Almost shaking as he see the familiar shadow in front of his dorm. His hands continue to share as he finally see luhan’s smile once again. looking straight at him. “hey, I missed you.” Uttered luhan as he beams at the man, almost restless, loving the presence of Minseok in front of him.

                “Where the have you been? You . You can’t just leave me… you can’t just leave me alone” xiumin said as he face Luhan, terrible knot twist inside his stomach as he stare at the man. He feel almost weak in front of him. tears swell up the line of his eyes, making his sight blurry. Damn it, I can’t cry.  Xiumin said to himself as he look at luhan. “you can’t just be always around, you can’t just always help me, you can’t show me how it feels when there’s someone  who cares, then just ing leave…. You can’t just do that.” xiumin said while his tears roll down his smooth flushed cheeks. He feel weak and vulnerable in front of luhan, but he doesn’t care. How can he do this? How can he disappear for nine days? how can he just forget him like this? “you’re not suppose to leave. You’re not supposed to do what I said. You’re not suppose to follow me when I said go away!” said Xiumin, almost shouting as he look at luhan, trying to said the words without showing his emotion, but damn himself for pouring all his emotion in front of the man, damn himself for showing his tears in front of luhan.

                Xiumin sobs, shaking in anger.  “you’re not supposed to leave….” He said over and over again, covering his face as he feel his tears rolls down his tears, tugging his glasses up as he smear the wet blotch of tears all over his cheeks, almost exhausted at his sudden burst of emotion.

                “shh….” Luhan hummed, hugging xiumin so tight, smiling softly as he minseok’s back, kissing his forehead while he secure the man against his arms. “I’m sorry…” he uttered as he wait for the man to calm down. Not loving the tears against minseok’s cheeks but somehow liking the reason of it. Xiumin wants him around.

                As xiumin calmed down, he realized that he’s pressed against luhan’s chest, breathing the sweet musky scent of the man in front of him. he never thought he’d see him ever again, so he can’t really believe that Luhan’s hugging him right now.

                “Minnie…” luhan said as he felt the man finally calmed down.

                “Hmn?” hummed xiumin, burying his face against Luhan’s chest, not wanting to let go. Never. Never again.

                “you didn’t open your history book ever since I left?”

                Minseok blinked. How can he know that? maybe he was still looking at him this whole nine days? Was he still stalking him?  Like before he actually meet luhan? Xiumin’s eyes widened as he moved his head up, looking straight at Luhan’s eyes. “H-How…”

                Luhan scratched the back of his head, smiling almost awkwardly as he Xiumin’s soft cheeks. “Y-you see… I once told you that I’ll be gone this whole week or maybe more, but I understand if you weren’t listening… but I did leave a note just to be sure…. I actually leave it at your history book, knowing that you always read that book whenever you’re bored…. And since I know that you haven’t really finished it, I thought you’d see my note the first day I went to my uncle’s house….”

                Minseok blinked, once, twice, maybe three or four more times, he don’t really know but once he gather his thoughts, he swiftly stood up and runs to his bag, picking up the stupid book that have been staring at him for this nine days and quickly opened it.

                There it falls.

                The letter with the familiar envelope, the recognizable smooth paper and the hand writing of Luhan in front saying ‘To Minnie’

                How can he be this stupid? Minseok thinks as he pick up the envelope and tear it open, swiftly opening the letter that was folded in three. As soon as he read the letter, he can’t help but to blush, the feeling of embarrassment hit him in the face. He read the letter two times before he understand the meaning.

 

 

To Minnie.

                I know I already told you last night, but I just want to make sure before I leave, so maybe you won’t be worried. I’d be going to my uncle for the whole week. Maybe more, really depends if he force me stay there more than a week. He have been begging me to go there in a while now, so my mom’s forcing me to go. I just need to help him tweak some stuff for the architecture of the new building for his business. It’s close to the beach so I probably might stay in a while. I’m not saying that I’d enjoy it without you but hey, it’sthe sea, so I can’t really hate it. I will miss you so much, but don’t miss me so much too :*

                                                -luhan

 

                How can he be so stupid!? Minseok’s jaw dropped as he re-read the letter. So he did told him… Xiumin looked at Luhan, possibly with red face, staring at the smiling man while his ears burns in heat. Stupid minseok….

                Xiumin bit his lower lips as he look away. Breathless and dizzy, Minseok groaned in shame. How can he cry like that at Luhan!?

                Luhan chuckled lightly, stepping closer to hug the man. Tugging the man closer, wanting to hug him tighter. Minseok pushed him away with wide eyes and trembling hands.

                “S-so… you won’t really leave me…?” asked xiumin without meeting Luhan’s eyes.

                Luhan smiled with his jeweled eyes, playfully wiggling his eyebrow as he cross his arms around his chest. “well im not really suppose to leave even if you said I should, right?”

                Damn it, how can he be so stupid? Xiumin groaned, rolling his eyes as he try to push Luhan away while the man pull him by his wrist, locking him against the man’s arms. Face down to his neck flushed in red, remembering all the words he said to the man while he was crying in anger and frustration. “I take it back.” Xiumin said, pouting lightly as he sink against Luhan’s chest. “I take them all back.” Huffs Minseok while inhaling Luhan’s scent.

 

 

 

 Hope you guys liked it even if it’s suppose to be fluff….. but clearly failed OTL please do comment what you guys think. *^* every comment push me to write more xiuhan ;A; <3 anyways, I should absolutely update my chaptered fics, so xoxo

 

PS thanks for the subscribers and those who read them too. /whispers ill wait for your comments, and please do read my other fics too/

 

Update: damn it i was hoping no one would notice... xD omfg sorreh if you guys got confused by my Minseok and xiumin names, since some of those who commented asked me about it... it's just i was too lazy to just think and it irritates me if i use "minseok" or "xiumin" too much in a sentence, like "xiumin arrived with a smile. xiumin then reached out for his hands" so in other character i tend to use "the man" "the cute guy" "the handsome man with a gentle smile" or something.... ._. but since im lazy to think of those stuffs, and since i wrote this at 3 in the morning, i end up changing minseok and xiumin's name because im too lazy to think and so i won't get irritated 8D so it's completely intentional, xD orz but don't worry, ill try to use one name at a time once i feel like it. omfg...n_n;;; sorry again. don't worry, ill edit it later, xD and since i just saw my notes for my plan for this fic, i just saw that i forgot to add some stuff.... so ill probably add some scenes too... orz once i got in the mood to edit it... n_n; xoxo thanks for the comments and upvotes guys :3 for those who haven't commented yet, please do. and if i replied to your comments with a bit too long respond, im sorry... im just talkative, just ignore me please... n_n or i won't ever stop talking. 8D