Chapter 4

Incompletion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FOUR[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]I've always had the tendency to oversleep and be late for morning things, but I found myself wake up early this morning. Surprisingly, I didn't feel as sleepy as I should have, considering I barely got any sleep last night.

I spent almost an hour standing in front of my wardrobe to pick out an outfit and ended up with a comfortable yet attractive striped T-shirt with half sleeve knitted cardigan and organ pleated skirt. I also applied a soft layer of makeup onto my face to cover my tired eyes, which was ridiculous because today, Yuri and I would be going to set the wedding ceremony's date at church before go to Samcheonggak. We were going to book and take a look for the location of my reception.

My mind asked me to stay calm because this was so far from hanging out but nonetheless it was becoming increasingly difficult to suppress my excitement at the idea that the two of us probably would finally spend all day together. We hadn't been alone since the restaurant encounter and I just hoped we would have a good conversation and everything wouldn't turn so sour.

I took a deep breath when I saw the same car that drove me home a couple of weeks ago stop in front of my house but just seconds later, I noticed that she wasn't alone. There was another person inside her car and I saw them come out, approaching me.

It's clear that Yuri was avoiding the possibility to be alone with me and I feel a sudden surge of disappointment erupt in my chest, surprising me with a sudden emotion.

"Good morning Miss Im," Hyoyeon greeted me cheerfully.

"Good morning, please just call me Yoona." I smiled politely before diverting my gaze to the woman next to her who caused my heart to skip a beat just by looking at her.
Yuri was wearing a white collared shirt wrapped by a black leather blazer that suited her slim figure, while her black skater skirt showed her long legs. Her long hair was bundled up in a ponytail with side-swept bangs.

She looked like a typical young business woman and for a second, I felt like she was stealing all of my confidence.

She had changed drastically, not only her fashion style but also her attitude. She looked comfortable in her own skin with that newly found confidence and that was what I envied the most in her. She had a great transformation while I was still as insecure and idiotic as four years ago. I still kept looking back to our past while and she had move on. I was still stuck in old times, while she had finally become a person she always intended on being.

"Good morning," Yuri greeted me and I blushed when I realized I was checking her out and focusing on her for a moment too long than it should be.

I cleared my throat. "Good morning Yuri."

"Should we leave now?"

I just managed a small nod and followed them to the car because I still had a hard time putting together the pieces of my confidence still left in me.

 

As soon as we reached the church, Yuri took care of everything very quickly. It seemed like she's been here several times because she was so familiar with the registrar. Everything went according to the plan so it didn't take much time and we already on our way to Samcheonggak.

The car ride was really enjoyable since Hyoyeon and Yuri did most of the talking. Hyoyeon was a really great addition to us because she had great sense of humour and I found myself laughing along with them. She was really easy going and it felt more comfortable than I had anticipated.

It was good to see Yuri laughing so freely. She looked much younger today. It's ironic how priceless her smile was to me, because I found myself missing that kind of Yuri, the carefree one, not serious one.

When we arrived at Samcheonggak, Yuri and I went for a little walk. We're going to check out the location for the reception.

"I think you should make a traditional reception since you will have modern one at church," Yuri suggested as we walked side by side, tracing the walking path to traditional complex.

I just nodded in agreement. I tore my eyes away to admire the nature and traditional architectural structures around me, trying to find back the enthusiasm I had just minutes before.

Somehow I honestly forgot about our main purpose of coming here and my excitement vanished away at the mention of the wedding.

"Why are you so quiet?" Yuri asked carefully and I turned to face her who had stopped walking.

"I- it's okay, I just think... it's up to you..."

"Why me? You're the one who will get married here, Yoona." Something was different from the way those words came out from . There was almost a disappointed fracture in there, something I couldn't pinpoint, but the stare in her eyes was evidence enough to be noticed. I just didn't know how to distinguish between sadness and betrayal.

"I don't have any idea about how this wedding will be running," I admitted truthfully.

"Then tell me why we are even here, Yoona." Yuri placed both of her hands on my shoulder, trying to meet my eyes but I looked down to my feet. "Why did you accept his proposal in the first place?" Her voice sounded so desperate right now. Like she was craving for little piece of honesty from me and I didn't know how to give her real answer so I just come to vague but the most reasonable one.

"We've been together long enough to be married," I reasoned and saw Yuri try to hide whatever it was she felt.

A couple minutes of silence and I almost felt like I was suffocating when she finally removed her hands off my shoulders, standing upright. "All right."

 

We resumed the walk to the venue. She didn't ask any further and just gave me a pep talk and useful suggestion about how the reception might be held. I tried to pay attention to everything she said and just nodded silently when the cold breeze suddenly hit my skin, making me shiver a little bit.

"Are you cold?" Yuri asked in her typical attentive voice I missed the most.

"A little." I pressed my hands together tightly to warm them up.

The outdoor venue was located in the hills and the weather was colder than other places in Seoul. I was starting to regret not bringing a coat with me but before I knew it, the woman next to me took off her leather blazer, putting it on my shoulder.

"No, what about you?" I interjected.

"I'm not cold," Yuri said reassuringly before enveloping my hand and brought them to her lips. She started to blow on my fingers while they were still wrapped in hers, warming them up. Her hot breath against my cold skin sent chills all over my body. My cheeks were flushed and I could only stare at her as she rubbed my hand against hers to create more friction and warmth. She just didn't know that she has warmed me up in way it shouldn't be.

"Better?" Yuri asked as she looked up to meet my eyes but I just stood there dumbfounded. We were staring into each other eyes for some seconds before her warm brown eyes widened in realisation.

She released my hand quickly, causing me to frown at the sudden loss of contact.

"Let's go inside before you catch cold," she said before turning around and walked in fast pace, leaving me behind.

How could someone be so sweet and caring one minute and just change into a cold person the next minute?

I followed her quickly and we got in to approach Hyoyeon who just finished talking to employees. They're really professional and it didn't take a long time to reach agreement and for us to book the venue.

Since we had set everything and it was already lunch time, we decided to take a little rest and have lunch before we ride back. We chose to eat outside, and were shown a good spot with table in the terrace. We could admire the view of the mountains with the city in the background since the restaurant perched up on mountainside, near the presidential Blue House.

I heard several times about Samcheonggak. This is one of the most famous traditional restaurants in Seoul and the food tasted delicious.

"You should try this!" Hyoyeon chimed as she handed out grilled scallops for me but was blocked by Yuri.

"Yoona can't eat this."

Hyoyeon raised her eyebrow incredulously from the sudden action and looked back to Yuri. "Oh and why is that?"

"Because she's allergic to seafood."

I almost choked on my drink from her confident statement.

"Oh really? How could you know?" Hyoyeon's face showed off her curiosity and I see Yuri struggled to find best and fast answer.

"I- I was just wondering..."

"Yeah, I always get an itchy nose after eating seafood," I confirmed and Hyoyeon nodded lightly, elbowing Yuri who was fidgeting nervously with her chopsticks right now.

"Wow, I didn't know you have sixth sense," Hyoyeon joked on it as if it was not an important case to press on and I was grateful for it.

I couldn't resist the upward twitch the corner of my mouth engaged in as we proceeded our lunch in silence. To know that she still remembered a little detail about me was enough to make my day.



"Enjoying the view huh?" I tore my eyes away from the view I just discovered when Yuri's voice from across the table caught my attention. I just realized that Hyoyeon was not around the table anymore. She just excused herself to use the restroom, and now I was sitting at the terrace with Yuri after having our lunch.

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter