Chapter 3

Incompletion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]THREE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]I was flipping through the dresses in front of me lazily. I didn't know why none of these dresses interested me or maybe my passion in fashion had definitely changed over the last few years. Whatever it was, the circumstance was much different to the girl beside me. She was carrying three bags of clothes but still didn’t seem to have any intentions of stopping anytime soon.

"How about this one?" asked Krystal, showing me a sophisticated black chiffon sleeveless dress on her hand.

"Yeah yeah, it looks good," I deadpanned, not trying to keep my excitement up but it seemed like my cousin didn't even realize my boredom as her face was still glowing just by seeing racks full of dresses inside this overrated boutique.

"It's been a long time since we did it. How I missed being able to hang out with you!" Krystal handed the dress to the employee next to her without even glancing at the price of the dress, and she moved to the next racks. "You stopped hanging out with me since you befriended that poor girl."

My hand's movement stopped in mid-air and I froze as I realized who she was talking about. "Be careful of what you're saying," I tried to give the most nonchalant response possible, but the high pitch in my voice already indicated my annoyance.

"Why? She is really poor, isn't she? Good to see you eventually realized and broke your friendship with her back then."

If there was a most sensitive topic for me, it was the talk about my strained relationship with Yuri, but Krystal was too dumb to realize my discomfort.

She always disliked my friendship with Yuri since long ago. It has always been the reason why I should not hang out with Yuri. She was the only person who knew about my secret crush toward my ex-best friend but she was totally against it.

But could I really blame her? I didn't think so. Her point of view about the different classes wasn't entirely her fault. She just grew in the wrong environment that created a wrong perception as well. And after all, she was my closest cousin, and she just tried to protect me. She was just afraid that my unrequited feeling just hurt me. She had tried to convince me so many times that Yuri won't notice me. By the end, I just set myself for heartache, which was what really happened!

I always knew Yuri cared about me on the deepest level although she would never feel the same way I did. What I really wanted from her would never become reality and that caused so many conflicts between us. And if there was a happy person when I and Yuri went separate ways, it was Krystal.

"Are you done? I'm hungry already." I finally spoke up after Krystal handed the fifth dress to the employee.

"Oh! I don't realized we haven't had our lunch yet," Krystal claimed as she walked to the cashier while I just rolled my eyes.

"Ofcourse you don't", I retorted. She probably won't get hungry if only you allowed her to go shopping all day.

 


"Stop checking your plastic bag as if your dresses would disappear." Krystal just grinned at my sarcastic comments.

We were finally out of the shopping centre, enjoying lunch at one of the nearby restaurant. "I needed to make sure I have enough dresses for your wedding party."

Oh right, I almost forgot about the wedding. We had not made any preparations yet.

It had been one week since my first encounter with Yuri at the restaurant and I'd calmed myself. Let's just say that I had just made up my mind.

My conversation with Krystal earlier just gave me realization. I was the one who broke my friendship with Yuri, I was the one who discarded her, yet I was the one who treated her like a crap. She had every right to be angry, to hate me, and even yell at me. Instead, she was so collected.

She had done nothing wrong to deal with my unstable emotions and now my mind nagged at me to apologize about my behaviour. But I didn't know how to apologize.

I'd never apologize to her before, not even once when we were still being friend. Not when Yuri's leg was bleeding from saving me from her bike, not when I was being a silly girl when we watched horror movies, not at any other day. Not when I confused her with my emotional soul or when I broke our friendship.

"What was the first thing you said when you were about to apologize to someone?" I asked out of nowhere, stopping Krystal from cutting her steak.

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you ever had to apologize to someone before?" I asked again, ignoring her question but she just shrugged nonchalantly.

"I've forgotten the last time I apologize to someone. Usually, people will be the one who apologize to me. Even though I was wrong, they would willingly apologize." She giggled before looked at me with her usual curious face. I shouldn't have asked her in first place because I almost knew the next question that would come out from , and my instinct was right.

"Who is the person you wanted to apologize to?"

I couldn't say it was Yuri.

"Nah... Just forget it." I shrugged it off, starting to cut my own steak. Maybe I should just forget about my intention to apologize. But as it had been the fate, just when that thought crossed mind, my cell phone rang suddenly.

"Hello"

"Hello beautiful... where are you right now?" Donghae's sweet voice appeared on other line.

"I'm shopping with Krystal."

"Oh." There was silence on the other side of the line before he went on hesitantly, "Glad you two are having fun..."

"Actually, we're done. We're just having lunch at the nearby restaurant," I answered as I glanced at Krystal. She was eavesdropping my conversation, again with that curious face. She should learn not to always stick her nose into my business.

"Um, I just called Yuri." My heart was pounding from the mention of the name, nervousness hit me again. "I just made another appointment with her to cover up our first meeting. The wedding is getting closer and we must immediately make plans."

He had a point, but I was still not ready to meet with Yuri. And I didn't think I'll ever be ready, to be honest, so what was the point of avoiding her?

I could easily make any other reason, or simply asked Donghae to look for another wedding planner, but it would only create suspicions.

Besides, if I had moved on with my life, then there was no reason to be afraid of this meeting, right? What had happened between us was just a story from the past and I couldn't keep struggling with something that had been happened so long time ago.

"Okay, I'm going to meet you at hospital after my lunch."

"No, just text me the restaurant address, I'll pick you up." His voice turned enthusiastic. He always did, whenever we talked about marriage.

"All right, I'll text you." I hung up and immediately sent him this restaurant address.

"What'd my future brother-in-law say?" beamed Krystal.

"He will pick me up. We have an appointment with our wedding planner," I explained and she squealed with delight.

"You almost look like the real bride here," I responded sarcastically as I saw her excitement but Krystal was smiling brightly. And for the first time today, I saw the sincerity in her eyes as she said, "I'm just glad you're going to marry a decent guy."

I sighed. What if a decent guy is not what I want?

 

 

"Do you mind if I steal your cousin right now?" Donghae asked Krystal as both of us reached the parking lot where Donghae was waiting for me.

"I don't mind. You can have her all day if you want." Krystal waved her hand, signalling that I could just go with Donghae. How could she hand me over so easily? I shouldn't have accompanied her for shopping today!

 


After saying our goodbyes, Krystal went a separate way as I got into Donghae's car and drove to our destination.

We would meet Yuri in her office, and my anxiety gnawed on me every second, even when we were still in our way. I had prepared my apology speech but I knew I wouldn't be able to pull it off as soon as I saw her. How would she react over me this time? What if she hated me?

The car stopped in large offi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter