Keep your eyes peeled

Lost One Not Weeping

The train arrived at the station. Through the mumble of the underground could be heard a yell of young boy.

 

Come on! Hurry up Taemin!”

 

Mentioned by the latter boy jostled with his elbows through the crowd to catch up with the pace of the second teenager. Kibum had always been faster than his younger brother so the closer was Kibum the train, the further Taemin seemed to be. Taemin did his best and pushing himself he managed to get closer to the metro. He saw Kibum getting into the carriage and let out a sigh of relief hoping to safely get into as the older did.

 

Unfortunately at the same moment the doors of the train started to close. Taemin rapidly ran towards it but he understood that it was too late. He stretched out an arm as if he could grab Kibum. Kibum did the same. He looked stunned as the train left the station. He could not imagine worst scenario.

 

Taemin in his teens was not the most independent person and he has always been relying on the older one, never paying any attention to where he was or what he was supposed to do in a situation like this. He has not taken into consideration a similar situation, not even once. He has been too confident about the presence of Kibum. And now as he was left on his own he had not had any idea what to do. Standing in a place for a while Taemin came up with the idea of getting out of the tunnel. He shoved all unimportant thoughts aside and made his way towards the escalator. As he stood on the left side of the stairs a disappointed murmur could be heard from behind his back. He turned around and saw a young lady pointing at the tablet above his head which said to stand on the right side of the stairs.

 

Taemin moved aside blushing furiously at his mistake. Getting to the ground floor of the railway station the boy brought a rumpled ticket out of his pocket and slid it into the scanner. As he got out of the building a bustling of the street hit him with its all power.

 

Next to the younger an old man, probably from Jamaica, played reggae music on tank drums. It was a really heartwarming sight. On the other side of the road a branch of b-boys danced breakdance and the hip-hop music could be heard along the whole street. The buildings were so much higher than those in his home town. Seeing them he felt even smaller. Like a little bug in an old forest. Every of buildings was unique in its own way. Of course there were similar buildings but none of them was identical to another. In front of Taemin people were rushing down the pavement busy with their daily duties. It looked like a giant anthill. Everybody was affected by his own business not even giving a single look at the lost boy.

 

He felt just like another entity in the world. He wasn’t special. Of course a lost teenager was nothing in the grand scheme of things.

 

Looking around he felt the sensation of being in completely new world. A world which scared him but attracted at the same time. He craved to get to know it. While being with Kibum he did not pay any attention to this place but being here alone made him felt fascinated.

 

Deciding not to waste the time he rushed down the street being devoured by the crowd. He passed a statue of Sherlock Holmes and noticed a red building with a big celadon-green dome called “Madame Tussauds”. Curious about the place he hooked an older man and asked.

 

Excuse me, could you tell me what this building is?”

           
The man gave him a little surprised glance.

           

“You don't know? This is the most famous museum with wax figures. Many of celebrities are sculpted out of wax and dressed in a way to resemble their real equivalents as much as it's possible. Sometimes you can see no difference.”

           

Taemin let out a murmur of admiration. “Wow. It looks like I really should go there. Thank you so much for your help”

           

“No problem,” The older man smiled at him and went away.

           

Excited about newly discovered fact Taemin lined up in a long queue, his foot tramping as he impatiently waited for his turn. He was thankful to Kibum for giving him some money for “small expenses”. Although it looked as if his older brother has strange concept of purchasing trivial things because he gave him one hundred pounds. Taemin knew his older brother's income was not a small quota but still he considered it as an unimportant waste of money. The more the queue moved forward, the more excited Taemin grew. When his turn finally came and he wanted to get inside, a man in his forties has stopped him with a gesture of a hand.

           

“Open your backpack first”

           

The man ordered with boredom being heard in his voice.

 

Taemin obediently undone his bag and showed it to the guard. He allowed him to pass waving his hand. After buying a ticket, he entered the first room and was not able to notice any sculptures. Only after a few moments he spotted some of “people” in here not moving. When it came to him that these are not humans he got totally amazed by figures being made with such a precision.

 

As he got over the shock he wandered to the figure of Emma Watson watching it carefully. As he managed to come closer and touch the sculpture he considered it as something very fragile. It seemed as if she could turn into small pieces under even the smallest touch but as he embraced her it turned out he was wrong. It was a firm construction. He was really impressed and deciding to take a picture with her waxy equivalent he took out his cellphone. He made funny face to the camera changing it every time he took another picture with figure of movie Hermiona.

 

Sightseeing was a great fun to Taemin and during the tour he took selfies with such personalities like Bruce Willis or Beatles. It felt like the best entertainment he took part in since visiting the zoo of Berlin and watching pandas all day.

 

He was really fond of pandas. The way they played with each other and ate bamboo with theirs fluffy little fists or just lazed in the shadow of grand trees in intensive green colour made his heart melt. He was very lucky to be able to observe the pandas while not being surrounded by crowd, because it turned out that in Berlin pandas were not a big deal, as in Seoul for example. And he preferred a traditional species of pandas than the red ones.

 

On the end of the corridor with figures formed a small queue to a place named “Chamber of Horrors”. Being curious about it he made a decision to wait and visit this place.

 

After a while a man stylised for a werewolf jumped out of nowhere and as he climbed on a small pedestal he greeted an awaiting crowd. His hair was in a total mess and his face covered with a thick fur. His clothes were limited to a torn pair of jeans and funny waistcoat with thin laces interlaced through little holes the same as in the corset. The whole appearance was perfect. Every even the smallest detail was made perfectly. He explained to the tourists a few rules of being in the corridor of dread and wished them a good fun.

 

After the werewolf ended his little speech people started slowly moving forward. At the entrance guests were greeted by creepy music and a sight of somebody being trapped in an electric chair. It emitted scary electrical sounds as well as broken wires dangling from the ceiling and shining with sparks. It was a little bit dazzling, nonetheless provided a proper atmosphere for the haunted house.

 

Being prepared for any silhouette jumping out of nowhere he noticed with a corner of his eye that somebody was leaping towards him and jumped at him at the same time as the other did. The actor got scared by Taemin and stepped backwards. He was dressed up as a zombie with his skull shattered on the top of it and brain being visible. Blood was all over his face and upper body. A torn rag hanging in pieces from his shoulders was covered with a strange liquid.

 

When Taemin wanted to walk further along the corridor the zombie stood on his way. Taemin, however, was a smart person and he sneaked out under an arm which cut him off from the path. He was not sure if the actor was only kidding or really got pissed off. He did not want to check it and rushed forward. The special effects fulfilled their duty. He was sure about him having sneak peak till the end of the day. The creepy corridor was a big success. He wanted to come back here.

 

When Taemin left the tunnel to his eyes showed up a little taxi. It was driven automatically along another tunnel and never stopping. People were getting inside these funny vehicles during their ride. The slow pace made it possible to safely get in.

 

Hello. Here you will get to know a little bit of history of England. Please take your seat and have a good fun,” a young woman smiled at him and stretched out her hand in an inviting gesture.

 

Taemin thanked her, and slid into one of slowly moving cabs. On the dashboard in front of him were five buttons with various languages. He pushed the one with the flag of England and a soft voice of woman came from the loudspeakers behind him. She was telling him some information about objects and characters he was passing during the ride. It was a great experience to see Shakespeare sitting by his desk and writing another play drenching end of the snowy white feather in dark ink in a little glass bottle.

 

On the end of the tour for guests awaited a short 4D movie about superheroes rescuing London. Special effects were marvellous especially the bullets rapidly rushing in direction of the audience. Eventually heroes defended the town and everything ended up in satisfactory way, making everyone happy.

 

When on the screen showed up end credits everyone made his way towards the exit, throwing away their glasses they received by the entrance to the special rubbish bin.

 

On the end of the whole trip was a big shop which sold souvenirs related to the museum. Taemin decided to buy two pendants – one for him and the second for Kibum - with marvel's hero Hulk printed on it. As he got out of the gift shop he made his way towards exit. It was a great experience to be here. When he got out of the building he turned around and looked at it for the last time.

           

I really should go back here with Kibum. He definitely will like it.

 

He thought, imagining how Kibum gets excited wandering from figure to figure and takes photos with them poking some of them in their faces or chests.

 

Someone's firm hand on his arm got him out of his thoughtfulness. He jolted a little bit with surprise and turned around to see Kibum with a feeling of relief written on his face. Without telling anything Kibum embraced younger boy almost breaking his ribs. In comparison to Kibum, Taemin looked even smaller and more fragile.

 

Where have you been?” The older boy shoved Taemin back and looked at him watching him carefully, hands still on his shoulders. “I was looking for you in a whole Marylebone,” Kibum said, concern being heard in his voice.

 

Well...,” Taemin looked in another direction in order to avoid the elder's eyes. “I was here,” He interrupted and pointed at the wax museum he left a couple of minutes ago. “I was curious what was it like and you gave me money so I thought it can't be that bad idea and it really wasn't. It was marvellous! You should go there with me. I am sure you will like it,” Taemin forgot about the pricks of conscious from a while and let his words came out rapidly from his mouth as if he was in a trance. He really enjoyed it.

 

Seeing Taemin affected to this extent made Kibum felt pleasant warmth in his heart. He loved his brother so much and couldn't be angry with him more than a couple of minutes. Taemin was his little apple of the eye and the younger boy knew it.

 

Okay, okay, we could come here before we leave London but not toady because I am too tired,” Kibum ruffled his hair and Taemin giggled under his touch. “And remember,” he added. “If this situation will ever took place again, just wait for me where we split, do you understand?”

 

Okay brother, I will,” The younger responded putting a serious expression on his face.

 

“I'm glad we understand each other,” Kibum said poking him friendly in the ribs and Taemin giggled once more. “So, do you feel like ice-cream?”

 

Kibum saw the flash in Taemin's eyes and he already knew the answer.

         

 “Of course! I'm starving! I feel as if I can eat anything!”

         

 Kibum laughed and patted Taemins head.

         

 “I'm not surprised, you haven't eaten anything from the morning. Come,” He pulled the wrist of the younger and started to go to the café he saw while he was looking for Taemin.