The swap

Who are you?

You groan as you stuff most of your clothes into your suitcase. Today was the day you and girls went to Seoul. The journey would take you a day and you weren't looking forward to it. At all.

Your group debuted a year ago and had gained popularity rapidely over the short time you had been active. This was meant to be your month off, but instead you were expected to fly over to South Korea to practise even more. Hannah, who liked to introduce herself as the group's main dancer and eomma, flopped on your bed. "You're not even half way! We're leaving in an hour, so hurry up!" You glared at her. "Well I'm sorry for not wanting to waste my free time on some stupid swap. I bet those guys can't even dance or sing properly." You grabbed the last of your clothes and threw them into your bag. "Excuse me, but they're pretty darn talented! I watched some of their videos this morning. They're pretty cute too. I sort of fancy their leader ..." Hannah babbled on, but you weren't listening. You couldn't care less. When you had gathered everything you needed, you zipped your suitcase up. Time to get dressed, you thought. I'd better make a good impression at least.

 

-- 3 hours later, at Heathrow --

The fans screamed as they watched you and the other girls walk into Heathrow. You smiled at them, trying to look as excited as you could be to be moving to Seoul for a while. On the other side, you saw the group you were temporarily swapping companies with. The five boys did look very professional, you had to admit. They looked surpirsed at the amount of fans that had turned up to welcome them. The two groups met in the middle of the hall and introduced themselves. When it was your group's turn, you lead the introduction in your flawless Korean. They looked astonished, but that was your goal.

"My name's _____. I'm 16, the youngest and in charge of vocals and dancing. Nice to meet you!" After you was Hannah. "I'm Hannah. 18, the main dancer and eomma of these troublesome girls!" Next was Melissa: "Hello, my name's Melissa. I'm 17, sub-vocal and dancer." Sarah looked particularly eager to introduce herself. Not a big surprise though, she had been looking forward to this moment for a while. "My name is Sarah. I'm 18, in charge of vocals, aegyo and being the smallest!" The boys chuckled. "My name's Kelly. I'm 19, the leader and in charge of rap and dance. Nice to meet you and I hope we'll become friends!" And with Kelly's introduction, the two groups parted. 

The girls boarded the plane and took their seats. You sat next to Kelly. "Aren't you worried we won't be accepted by the other artists in YG?" This had been something that was brooding on your mind since you were told of the swap. Kelly shook her head. "It's not like we're really working for YG. And besides, we won't be going out in public a lot. We're going to improve our skills, remember?" You nodded and plopped your head on the pillow attached to the seat. "Let's do our best and get it over with." Kelly looked at you. "Yeah." By the time you woke up, the other girls were looking out of the window and talking excitedly. "What's going on?" You asked Kelly. "We're almost there! Look at the view, isn't it beautiful?" You sat up and looked out of the window. The view was incredible, you couldn't stop yourself from staring. Kelly squeezed her head in too, clearly as interested as you were. "You know, maybe it's not all that bad." You were stubborn, and definitely didn't wan't to seem too happy to be there. "Mhm. It looks really nice! And guess what? Thierry (, the girl's manager. He was French.)said we're getting a week off in the middle of our training to go to Jeju Island!" You smiled at her. It was nice that the girls were looking forward to it. That way it felt like less of a punishment.

When you landed, it was 2 pm. The massive amount of fans waiting for you was overwhelming. You knew you were popular in other countries, but you hardly expected such a warm welcome. Now you felt like you knew what Winner was feeling in London. You waved politely and accepted all the gifts you could carry. "Hurry! The cab is waiting!" Thierry ushered everyone into the large cab and off they went. "Is the YG building far?" Sarah asked. She got tired the fastest and was already yawning. "Not too far. We should be there pretty soon." When you approached the building, it felt unreal. You had seen it in pictures, but it was a lot more impressive in real life. Everyone's mouth gaped open as you walked towards it. "Mr. Yang is already waiting for us in his office. We can't keep him waiting much longer!" Thierry checked his phone for the exact location of the CEO's office and lead the girls there.

The interior of the building was even more impressive. The futuristic furniture and the floor to ceiling pictures of the artists made it all seem like the set of a sci-fi film. You stepped into the lift with the others. You had left your luggage at the front desk, and it felt nice not to heave a suitcase around for a while. When the lift stopped and the top floor, you started getting nervous. But why? It wasn't like you hadn't met a CEO before. Thierry knocked on the door and held it open for you. Mr. Yang got up and everyone bowed. "Please, sit down." You waved at the seats around his desk and you all did as he said. "It's wonderful to finally meet you, sir." Kelly said, trying to make everyone feel more relaxed. Mr. Yang smiled and said the same in return. After a long confersation about your living arrangements and so on, you got to explore the building a bit. You walked past the empty practise rooms and the sudden realisation that you'd be standing there hit you.

You had an easy trainee period. Always passing the monthly evaluations with ease but you knew that would all change soon. You had researched YG's trainee program before you came and you knew how hard it would prove to be. Melissa patted your shoulder. "It'll be fine. We'll ace those evals." You smiled and nodded.

It would be okay and maybe you'd even make some friends? You walked back to the cab with the rest of the girls. When you walked into the appartment you'd be staying in, everyone's mouthes fell open for the second time that day. It was m a s s i v e. A seperate bedroom for everyone, 3 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, lots of wardrobes and much, much more. You ran to the room furthest away from the front door and claimed it as your own. It had big windows, the biggest bed and plenty of space to run around in. Thierry called the girls into the living room to give them some more practical information about their stay. They would practice every day from 9  am till 5 pm and the rest of the time they could do what they want. He advised them to stay and practice as much as they could though. When all was said, Thierry left the girls to empty their suitcases and explore the house a bit more. They ordered pizza, watched the 6th Harry Potter movie after much debate and curled up to sleep at 11pm. 

Little did they know that their time in Seoul wouldn't be as joyfull as they all hoped.