Part 7

The soul sweeper

“Hyung!” SeungRi’s voice vibrated all of a sudden.

“Yes?” JiYong answered in a haste.

“Please tell me you’re pulling my hand…” he whispered in a cry.

“I’m sorry, kid… It’s not me…” Ji jumped up, hands forward trying to reach the youngster.

“Hyung!!” SeungRi yelled.

“Kido!!...” Ji stepped twice before something slimy got his hand and the noose began to squeeze around his neck again. In a self-acting gesture, his other hand grabbed his neck in search of the chain he felt, but as before, it was nothing there.

A small, round light appeared somewhere in the distance, but it looked as it came nearer and nearer. Soon the light turned into a little silhouette until a hideous pygmy, with his dried-up skin and huge blisters all over his body, hunchbacked and half , all the torches on the what looked to be cave walls. Behind him, the sweeper walked lightly, without haste, but his usual yellow smile. In the end the light of the torches reached their room making them to scream in horror when they saw the abominations holding their hands – a mingle of limbs attached to some dissected torsos and a tiny bold head.

The sweeper frowned in disgust and with a single gesture he clamed them. In response to this, they instantaneously took their hands to their throats trying to breath.

“Quiet!” he yelled and unclenched his fist, setting the boys free from the strangling invisible noose. They fell on their knees, too scared to even try and move, being too scared by the many apparitions that flooded the room.

Ji’s brows glued to each other making him to throw a short glimpse to SeungRi.  He had no idea if the youngster felt like this too, be he was clearly feeling his arms and legs moving, but it was obvious he wasn’t moving at all.

 

“Honey…” Taeyang whispered hugging her closer. “Honey, let’s go. We gotta find T.O.P.  hyung and Daesung hyung… and… we have to call an ambulance…” he couldn’t spell it.

“No! No, wait! Look!” she whispered, smiling between her tears, pointing to JiYong’s fingers.

“Hyung!” Taeyang rushed to him. “Hyung, can you hear me?” he almost cried, holding his friend’s hand. The answer came quicker than he would expect, freezing when JiYong suddenly opened his eyes wide.

“Oppa!” Chris jumped to hug him, but Taeyang caught her waist.

“Honey… I don’t think this is our oppa…” he whispered in her ears watching his friend closely.

“What do you mean?” she joined him in staring at Ji when her eyes hit JI’s empty glare. He got up with quite unnatural moves as if some sort of strings pulled him.

“O… oppa?” she asked almost whispering and he turned his head 180 degrees. Without any other word, he grabbed .

“Oppa…” she barely said trying to push him away.

“Hyung!!” Taeyang jumped on him but in less than one second he landed on the ground. But he wouldn’t give up. He was getting ready to launch another attack when a cold hand grabbed his wrist. He turned around just too see SeungRi holding him back staring at him with the same empty look.

“Please forgive me, kid…” Taeyang quickly whispered and using one of his dance moves, he twisted around the youngster until he reached his back and kicked him, knocking him down. He rushed to hit JiYong several times until he freed Chris. He grabbed her hand and dragged her even she could barely stand.

“Wa… what is this?...” she heavily spoke between violent choughs.

“Not our Ji, that’s for sure!” he quickly answered ducking behind a car. But not for long since SeungRi and JiYong reached them, turning the car’s windows into million shredded pieces when they jumped on top of it. Chris and Tae screamed in fear and they resumed their run.

“Honestly, Tae? To the cemetery?...” she gasped when the cemetery’s gate rose before their eyes. When they got to it, they turned to watch the boys, looking for possible ways of getting away.

Ji and SeungRi weren’t walking funny, they didn’t shuffle their feet behind them and neither did they walked arms stretched in front, but they still looked more than frightening.

“NO!! Let me alone!” Chris suddenly screamed.

Taeyang turned to face her but his eyes got bigger when a cold, harsh hand passed through the gate’s iron bars and grabbed his head. He tried to get rid of it, but another hand grabbed his leg, pulling it as if it wanted to rip it off between the bars. Again he tried to use his hands, but before he could do it, another hand clung on his arm. Chris tried to help him get free and bit as hard as she could that one hand that hold his arm, but the flesh of it was so tough that it left her screaming in pain.

JiYong and SeungRi kept on approaching without a hurry as the hands between the bars became more and more grimly.