Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight

 

 

High School, Junior Year

I saw him, standing there with all his perfection. He wore his school uniform fitted, like it was made perfectly for him. Like the Gods of good-looks came down and blessed him with the gift of looking absolutely perfect in a school uniform. He had the brightest smile, his eyes turned into crescent moons as he laughed with his friends and smiled brightly.

 

This perfection, his name is Luhan.

 

He is my boyfriend, and he is my everything.

 

So you are really going to do it? Like legit?” Kris, Luhan’s tall Picasso-like friend asked and him as he nodded with a bright smile.

 

“After we finish high school, I’m going to do it.” Luhan smiled as he put his hand inside his pocket feeling the black velvet-like box. Kris smiled and patted his shoulder. Sehun, his other vegetable-like friend squealed like a girl and did a happy dance.

 

I find myself smiling to myself too, as I saw Luhan in such a happy state, along with his friends. I ran up to him and hugged him from behind. I could tell he was surprised but as soon as I leaned my head against his slender back, he relaxed. He spun around and a warm smile spread across his face.

 

“Yo.” he whispered to me and planted a loving kiss on my cheek. I looked up at him and smiled brightly.

 

“Hey to you too.” I giggled as I entwined myself from him and his hand slipped into mines like they were made for each other.

 

“You two are so cute, like the campus couple I swear!” Sehun said, still in a fanboy-like stage and Kris nodded.

 

“It’s so cheesy, I think I’m going to need to go on a diet.” Kris pretended to make gagging noises and we rolled our eyes.

 

“Of course, she’s my Moonlight.” Luhan proudly said with a smile. Luhan loved to boast about how we were the perfect couple, and because honestly we were. He was always such a bright person, I saw how his eyes lit up when he talked about me. It was the cutest thing ever.

 

“Too bad college has to be in a year. We’re all going to separate.” Sehun pouted and I felt a stab to my heart.

 

College.

 

Luhan and I never discussed what would happen when we had to go to to college.


~~~

 

~~~

 

“What do you mean you can’t go with me to China! This is what we decided upon, ages ago!” Luhan shouted at me, his tears were running down his cheeks.

 

We were inside my apartment, but it was technically ours. He was already a part of my family. He helped pay for rent, he was over almost everyday, he helped us cook food.

 

I rubbed the tears running down my face and looked up at him, my eyes were still watery. “Why can’t you be happy I got into Harvard! This is my dream school Luhan!” I shouted back.

 

This was our first full blown argument we had in a year. Luhan and I have been dating since Middle School, around seventh grade. I met Luhan during Kindergarten, when he chased me around school as I ran away from him, as he pleaded to me to be his friend because he knew no one. We became best of friends since then and then when he asked me to be his girlfriend in seventh grade, we became inseparable.

 

We had so many people try to break us up during our years of being in a relationship. There was this boy during sophomore year who tried to break us up, because I was his perfect girl. Yet everything he did was in vain because it only brought me closer to Luhan.

 

Just like what happened in sophomore year, a girl tried to split us up during Junior year. To be completely honest, she almost succeeded. She made it seem like I was cheating on Luhan with Kris, but that was completely false. Kris and I are best friends, so all she did was take some suspicious pictures of us together and that literally shook Luhan. In the end though, he realized they were fake and the girl was just trying to make a move on him.

 

Luhan was there with me every step of my life. He was there when my mother passed away due to a , he was there when my father went through depression after the loss of my mother. He was there when I had to try pull everyone up on their feet and get my father on the right path again. He was there when I was evicted from my house with my dad and we had to move to some shady apartment. He was there when I was working two jobs to meet ends meet. He was there when my father died in Junior year.

 

I was there every step of Luhan’s life too. When Luhan’s father ran away from their family when he was in third grade. When his mother brought home the abusive stepfather during eighth grade. When Luhan ran away from home during tenth grade to get away from his family, and began to live with Kris and Sehun.

 

So this was the next heart breaking turn of events in our relationship.

 

“We’re supposed to be together! We’re supposed to go to the same college! That’s what we decided upon!” Luhan’s voice cracked, and I knew he was ripping apart at the seams.

 

“But Harvard offers me the best opportunities! This is what I want Luhan! Why can’t you be happy for me!” I felt my voice getting softer and softer by each word spoken out of my mouth.

 

I sunk down to the floor, pulling my knees close to me. This was too much. I did not want to argue with him. Not Luhan. Not about this. The school year was to end in about two months. Then we would need to go our separate ways. I did not want leave Luhan and our relationship in this state.

 

I heard footsteps and a presence next to mine. I felt two warm, loving arms wrap around me, and pulled me close so I was leaning against his chest.

 

“I’m sorry my Moonlight.” He whispered softly. I knew he hated admitting he was wrong first. He liked being the man of the relationship, so I would normally be the one to admit I was wrong first. “I did not mean to blow up on you like that.”

 

“I know, that.” I said and looked up at him, and our eyes were still watery. “I know you just don’t want to be separated. I don’t want to be either.”

 

“Then come with me to China. I promise, I’ll be with you every step of the way when we’re in China.” Luhan pleaded. “I swear on my life. We’ll get that big house, like the one you wanted. Like that large farm one, you wanted.”

 

I knew this was his dream. For both of us to move to China, and live there.

 

Happily.

 

We would move there together, get a nice house in the mountain area, have our own family. A son, then a daughter. We would live together, till we got old and wrinkly, but we would still be in love with each other.

 

Every second, every minute, every hour , every day of our lives. We would love each other.

 

“I’m so sorry...” was all I could muster the courage to say. I never wanted to say those words.

 

I knew what they meant.

 

He knew what they meant, and my mind was set on going to Harvard.

 


~~~~~~

 

10 years Later.

 

I finally finished college. I graduated with my degree in Business and Law. I was now a top business woman, highly respected internationally. I was flying to China, to settle a business proposal for one of the companies I became the CEO for. Or that’s what I told people.

 

As I sat on the plane, all my thoughts were about him.

 

How was he doing? Was he eating properly? Was he still having issues of being called a Man?

 

All these thoughts ran through my mind.

 

I was scared, to be completely honest, and I felt my palms becoming clammy.

 

He stopped talking and replying back during my third year of college. We never mentioned anything about a breakup.

Were we still in a relationship?

 

Or was a seven year no talking period meant to be a silent way of breaking up?

 

 

~~~

 


Arriving in China, I felt the press all up in my business, but I kept walking forward with my white blouse, black blazer, black pencil skirt, black sunglasses and my black three-inch heels. The pictures were flashing but I kept walking forward.

 

From: the Dragon

    MSG: Hey, I’m in the parking lot. You here yet?

 

From: the Scary Woman

    MSG: walking there now.


 

I saw his black sports car and I rolled my eyes. Of course he would be in a flashy car. I got inside and saw his big gummy smile at me.

    

“Hey bestie.” happiness emitted from him. I slid my sunglasses on my head and smiled back at him.

 

He had such a wonderful, gummy smile.

 

“Hey. Long time, no see, Kris.” I chuckled and he laughed too. It had been years since I had seen him since flew down to America.

 

That was the last time I saw him.

 

“Yeah it has...” He lets out a sigh running a hand through his hair. “Um, I  gotta lay down the facts for you though.” Kris said and I looked at him oddly.

 

“Like what...?” I gulped. I felt, the walls of the car closing on me. I felt my palms sweating, my throat got caught up. I knew I myself mentally did not want to hear whatever he had to say.

 

When Kris put things straight up like that, I knew it meant bad news for me, or whoever it was directed to.  

 

“Luhan is an Idol. We all are. Luhan, Sehun, and I. We’re in this group called EXO. It consists of twelve people, including us.” Kris said and I nodded slowly. I guess I understood. They all loved to sing and dance during high school. Luhan always had an angelic voice.

 

“So, I feel like there’s more.” I straight out told him. He was silent for a moment but let out a huge sigh.

 

“Things are different.” Kris simply stated, not looking at me directly and then started up the car. I looked at him oddly.

 

He was hiding something big from me.

 

“Anyways, have you been in good health lately? Not running to the health room anytime soon?” Kris asked and I shook my head.

 

My body was pretty fine until junior year when I started having a bunch of health issues come up. After that, Luhan, Kris and Sehun never let me do anything strenuous.

 

“What do you take the Dragon Lady of the Business world? Stupid?” I chuckled and he laughs along knowing, it was a pretty dumb question.

 

“Well, your health better be in tip top shape then and I better not be at the hospital while you’re here!” Kris gently gave a light warning and I hummed in agreement.


~~~

 

We finally arrived at his house, or mansion I would call it. He said I could crash here while I was in China. I was not arguing, it saved me money, a whole lot of money. Who wants to spend a ton of money on a hotel when you can crash at your friends house?

Especially when your friend was loaded and was hardly ever home. It was like owning your own mansion, but you don’t have to pay for mortgage or anything.

 

As soon as I settled in I decided to go out for a little jog, or an exploration of the town.

 

I headed down to the town and market area, and there were so many people. The whole town was flooded, with girls. Many of them were teenage girls. I kept hearing them scream a name and running off in a direction. I shrugged my shoulders, pretending it was a normal thing to see.

 

It must be some idol here or whatever. I’m not good with idols, of the singing world. My idol world includes Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and other remarkable business folks.

 

I look at the stands and see a magazine cover.

Huh, that looks like...

Kris.

Damn, is that reality Kris? If that’s Kris, then....

My eyes scan the whole magazine  cover, there’s twelve of them, but I only see one in my eyes. There is truly only one person on that cover.

 

And he still hasn’t changed.

A smile graces my lips as  look at the cover. They all look all handsome, suited up.

 

Hearing a bunch of the fan screaming voices, I look up, thinking these idols must be extremely popular.

I regret till this day looking up.

I saw him,

I saw him with a girl, his arm wrapped around his waist.

 

I squint my eyes to make sure my eyes aren’t playing tricks on me. I look, and it is him. In the flesh with his arms around another girl. I see him look at a camera and talking animatedly as the girl leans her head on his shoulder.

 

I hear my own heart breaking, and I meet eyes with someone else. His eyes also widened in fear and I see someone asking him what’s wrong. I see him shake it off it as nothing, but I know him. I know Kris. I know that he’s disturbed. I know he’s having a major panic attack. He always used to get those in high school, especially when it concerned me.

 

I see the person asking questions get more curious and then, I see Kris crack. I see him point to me. I look behind, and there’s no one else behind me. Goddamit. He’s pointing at me. I see him motion me to walk over, so I hesitantly do. Step by step, my eyes stay on Luhan and this, female creature he’s doing things that we would do together as a couple.

 

I see the cameras and I put on my brightest fake smile and I feel Kris’s arm wrap around my waist.

 

    “Everyone, this my girlfriend. She’s the reason I was late today for the filming. I had to go pick her up from the airport.” Kris said with a big grin. I may not know a lot of Chinese, or maybe I do because from what I understand is that he just said I was his girlfriend.

 

Everyone is shocked to hear the news. Sehun, I knew he completely ignored everything Kris had just said, since he was staring at me with loving puppy dog eyes as happiness emitted from him.

 

I smiled at Sehun and he grinned with the brightest smile I have ever seen in my life. I look around to the other boys and I stop.

 

I see Luhan’s eyes on me.

Dead set on me.

 

Like a wolf as it sees it’s prey. His eyes never leave me.

 

And they are cold.

Cold as ice.

~~~

 

    “. I ed everything up!” Kris ranted as soon as we got home. I let out a sigh. I knew he was pressured into it, it was pretty obvious.

    

“Kris, don’t worry about it.” I let out a sigh as I sit on the couch, staring blankly at the tv. The pictures of events earlier today keep running through my mind like a broken record.

 

    “! It wasn’t supposed to be like this you know! You’re supposed to be with Luhan!” I see Kris plop onto the couch, his face buried in his hands.

 

    “Kris, is this what you meant in the car earlier?” I asked honestly and I feel myself choke up. “How everything, changed?”

 

He’s silent, but I kept hearing him mutter, “I’m sorry” over and over again. I look up trying to contain my tears. It was too much to handle.


You said, nothing would ever change between us, but now what happened?

 

My tears did not stop that entire night.

 

It was morning, and I was lying down on the bed. The covers were covering me, but I felt cold. A cough emitted from me and I groan. I was sick. Ever since college finished, my immune system became incredibly weak.

 

    “, you have a fever you know.” I heard Kris walk in and I nodded, curling up further into the covers. “I have a schedule. I’ll try get someone to watch over you. I’ll see you when I get home.” I saw him walk out the door and I let out a mental groan.

 

I fall back asleep and I wake up a couple hours later. A groan leaves me and I start shivering again. I open my eyes, and I see him. He’s sitting on a chair looking at his phone with a stoic face. He looks up and he puts down his phone, and looks at me.

 

His eyes are still ice cold.

 

I sneeze with a chain of coughs that follow behind it and I see his eyes flash with panic as he quickly gets up and pours me a cup of water. I sit up and I drink the water to soothe my aching throat.

 

    “Thanks...” I mumbled admiring the cup, and the little drops of water still left in the cup. I close my eyes trying to not let the water fall. I did not want to cry, not with him in the room.

 

    “How are you doing?” he asked and I shrugged staring at the cup longer.

 

    “Good, I guess. You?” I replied.

 

    “Good too, I guess.” I heard him say. His voice did not have that spark in it anymore. That cheerfulness it used to have, back then.

 

I wanted to ask so many questions, but I refrained from them. I knew it was not the time to ask these questions that I was burning to ask. What happened. That simple question, I knew meant so much.

 

    “Luhan.” I croaked out and I see him look at me with worried eyes, but then they clouded back to cold eyes. I held out my hand and he took it. His fingers wrapped around my hand and I let out a smile.

 

    “I’m sorry, but I’m actually engaged to someone right now.” I felt his hand slip away from mine as he walked out the door, closing it lightly.

 

I never felt so broken in my entire life.  

 

~~~

 

    “Kris. I gotta tell you something.” I said once he entered my bedroom. It had been two weeks since Luhan came over, and two weeks since I’d seen him.

 

I was recovered for the most part.

    

    “Look, you’re going to this concert, no matter what. I got you your backstage passes. You remember Sehun’s sister right? You’ll be sticking with her, so our argument ends here.” Kris said and I let out a sigh.

 

Why is Kris so stubborn.

 

~~~

 

    “Erh my gosh! I have not seen you in forever!” Sehun’s sister Selena hugged me, almost a death hug. I smiled as I hugged her back.

 

    “Yeah , it’s been a while.” I chuckled and she looks at me in the eye and I see her eyes laced with sorrow.

 

    “I’m so sorry, I wish , I could have stopped him you know...” She said and I exactly knew what she meant. I put on a fake smile and told her not to worry about it.

 

The boys, well there were twelve of them were set to perform tonight. Selena and I back-stage passes and the best seats in the house thanks to Sehun and Kris. We met up with the boys, Selena was talking up a storm with Tao, and I was talking with Lay and Suho. They were the two easiest people to talk to out of all them.

 

Lay was spilling out all of Kris, Luhan, and Sehun’s dark secrets that happened over the years of them being an idol, and in return I was spilling their dark secrets, except for that one.

 

Lay did come close to asking it, but I just told them they were good friends back during middle school and high school, and he never probed further, which I was glad.

 

It was time for the boys to perform and I caught eyes with Luhan. He walked over towards me. There was no one around us and I felt him pull me into a hug.

 

    “Yo Yo Yo~ Thanks for coming.” He whispered into my ear and I nodded as my arms wrapped around his lean waist.

 

I felt like breaking down. This was by far the hardest thing for me to do. I did not want to let go of this hug.

 

I wanted to be in his arms forever.

 

He slowly let go and gave me a warm smile, and I knew it was a warm smile as he looked at me.

 

    “You’ll do great my manly deer.” I whispered and he nodded and ran off to go on stage. As soon as I saw him leave, I wiped my tears away, that wouldn’t stop flowing.

 

I promised myself I would not cry, but it was hard.

 

There was just too much unspoken words left unsaid.

 

I met up with Selena and we headed towards our special seats, arms linked together. I saw her there. She looked at me and not even sparing me a glance she looked at the stage. I felt Selena’s grip tighten on my arm and I gave her a reassuring look. Her grip loosened a bit, but I knew she would not let go, just in case something happen.

 

I watched their concert, it was hard. Selena knew how much I wanted to just break down.

 

Selena and I go way back, she’s like my sister, and we can understand each other, just by our body actions and through our eyes.

 

    “Look, that actually had a knack for dancing~” Selena brother playfully, and a smile graced my lips.

 

    “He was always talented.” I reminded her and she rolled her eyes, looking at me knowingly.

 

    “Really? All that baby did was cry to his favorite noona when he fell down and got a boo-boo.” Selena cackled and I saw how a couple people looked toward us with lasers shooting from their glare.

 

Right.

 

This was supposed to be a sad romantic song where his love died, and here Selena and I, are seeming pretty sadistic are laughing our arses off.

 

    “Your brother is also pretty talented in blowing up girls ovaries.” I tilted my head to the side of me and we saw all the girls who were swooned over Sehun and his sensual melancholy dance.

 

    “Not till they find out he’s a .” Selena whispered in my ear and I laughed so hard, I swear Sehun shot us a glare while he was dancing.


 

The concert finally ended, Selena and I got a beating from Sehun who really did hear us laughing.

 

Then the rest of s got a beating after we told them why we were laughing.

 

    “Noona! You’re the best!” Tao, was the youngest apparently in EXO-M looked at me with the cutest eye smile. “I can’t believe you’re supposed to be some scary lady.”

 

    “Yeah, you don’t seem like it at all you know?” Lay said as he slung an arm around me. “You seem way too nice inside here to be scary.” He said as he pointed at my heart and I couldn’t help as my ears tinted a bit.

 

    “YOU’RE BLUSHING!” Baekhyun, that other brat I wish I could punch in the face like how I felt with Kris in High School. “NOONA LIKES LAY! PROBLEM SOLVED!” Baekhyun announced to the world and I just wanted to crawl in a box.

 

    “Sorry, she can’t be Lay’s.” I felt a strong grip pull me and I landed in someone’s chest as they wrapped their arms around my waist, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

 

    “Kris, woah what?!” Baekhyun shouted again.

 

I wanted to punch him in the face so badly.

 

Both of them.

 

I made eye contact with Luhan and he gave me the saddest smile ever.

 

I knew it pained him so much.

 

I felt my teeth bite my bottom lip, trying to stop the tears.

 

    “Kris.” I shoved him away and I looked at Luhan. “You know I’m only taken by one person.” I looked back at Kris and smirked. I looked back at Luhan and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

 

He pulled my arm and I fell, in the right pair of arms and I smiled up at my Deer, and he gave me the most sincere smile. His hand came up and caressed my cheek lovingly and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

 

It still felt the same.

 

    “I’m glad that no one ever swayed your heart.” He leaned closer as his words hit my lips gently, like a lullaby.

 

    “No one, could ever, take you away from me.” I said back, my voice quiet, as so he can hear it but I hear Sehun and Selena cheering obnoxiously in the background of it.

 

    “I’m sorry, my Moonlight.” He said as his lips gently touch mine.

 

And everything felt right again.

 

~~~

 

“Wait, so let me get this straight. You’re his girlfriend?” Tao looked at me like I grew another head. Or like he saw a ghost.

 

“Yes, so let’s give them some alone time, since it’s been almost ten years since they’ve made out.” Selena pushed the other boys away.

 

We were currently at the luxurious penthouse suite at the Four Seasons, which was complimentary of $uho and their company for a job well done.

 

Luhan and I were on the couch. His arms around me as I was leaning against his back and his head resting against mine as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

 

    “Damn. They’re cute though together.” Kai commented.

 

“Damn right they freaking are.” Kris nodded, he sat on the big lounge chair like a boss, looking like he owned the world. His right arm was on the arm rest, his legs were crossed as his ankle was against his knee. He leaned back in the most comfortable position as he swirled the wine in the glass in his left hand.

 

“Aw, you must be such a proud dad Kris.” I playfully stuck my tongue out at him and rolled his eyes.

 

“I suggest a toast!” Baekhyun announced loudly and everyone in the room looked at him waiting for him to finish. “One, for us finishing a kickass concert. And two.” He paused as he looked around the room and looked straight at us. “For this lovely woman finally putting Luhan out of his misery and me not being able to see that evil witch he faked an engagement with!” Baekhyun finished.

 

I shot a glare at Luhan, and he just smiled innocently and pecked my temple. “It was an act, Moonlight. Company thought it would boost my popularity.”

 

“You .” I muttered and evilly jabbed his side and I saw him wince in pain. “I agree with that loud obnoxious boy.” I said raising my glass. “A toast to a total kickass concert where all twelve of you blew up a bunch of hormonal teenage girls’ ovaries. And another one to finally being able to be with this deer.” I said and everyone raised their glass as we made our clinks of glasses.

 

That night was such a wonderful night. I got to know a bunch of them. Tao was a huge fluffball filled with sensitive emotions, even though he looked like a complete badass. Lay was a total ditz, or tried to play off as one when I knew he was pranking everyone in the room. I found out that Kai and Selena were not exactly in a relationship , but not exactly friends.

 

Yup.

 

 

They are friends with benefits.

 

But whatever. Selena never wanted to make a full commitment, and Kai, well all his crazy psychotic fans would go beserk if they found out he actually liked someone.

 

Suho was a loving grandpa while Kris was his wife, keeping the kids in line.

 

They officially became my OTP , behind two dorks,

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

I swear they’re in a relationship, and considering they have never denied it throughout the whole night, I’m sure this ‘BaekYeol’ pairing is pretty real.

 

I mean, Baekhyun got completely wasted and said his, ‘Taeyeon noona is pretty and beautiful, but Chanyeol is the one for me”. Then they kissed, went to a room, then we heard obscure noises.

 

Yeah, I think we can all confirm they’re in a relationship.

 

Kyungsoo, Chen and Xiumin were all filled with life. Chen was an angel sent from above, with his voice and his personality.

 

I would want my daughter to be in a relationship with a man like him.

 

Xiumin was a playful but mature type of boy. He felt so normal, and that felt nice, considering I haven’t seen anyone pretty normal since High School. Kyungsoo, reminded me of my colleagues at Harvard, blunt and smart.

 

I forgot about two of them, Luhan and Sehun.

 

I swear, if Luhan was not my boyfriend and I knew that Sehun was not in love with a girl that was a dancer in the company, I would honestly tell you they were together.

I feel Luhan spent more time with Sehun than me that night, playfully fighting and flirting, I mean talking that night.

That night was one of the best nights ever. After almost everyone was about to pass out, I decided to go home.

 

“Noona! Don’t go home! It’s dangerous! What if you get into an accident?” Tao nagged as he held onto my arm, shaking it. I let out a sigh and patted Tao’s head.

 

“Noona is smart. I’d probably beat the other person up before they can even get into an accident with me.” I playfully said and he lets out a sigh.

 

“Are you sure you want to go home? You can always stay over?” Suho asked and I shook my head.

 

“I gotta be at work at five. To be completely honest, I’ve been skipping out on work for a while.” I admit. “I have like five business proposals to go through as well as sit through somewhere over ten boring business meetings.”

 

“I’ll drive you home.” Luhan said as he wrapped his arms around me planting small loving kisses along my neckline.

 

“You’re drunk Luhan.” I sternly scold. “All of you are drunk, so no. I’m pretty sober, so I’ll be fine.” I look at Luhan and give him a light peck on the lips. “I’ll text you when I get home.”

 

He leans in and gives me a passionate kiss, not satisfied with the small peck. “When you’re done with work, text me.” He said as he kisses me between every word. “We need to make up all the time we’ve lost over the years.” Luhan ends with a kiss on my lips.

 

“We will.” I promised and smiled at him and look at the boys. “I have big news tomorrow to tell all of you tomorrow. So be ready to hold another celebratory party!” I chuckled and saw $uho groan as Baekhyun started cheering loudly.

 

“Babe, you better text all of us, when you get home, okay?” Selena instructs and I nodded and gave a final kiss to Luhan.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and left. I drove home safely and when I got home, I quickly knocked out, not before texting everyone I was fine.

 

~~~

 

It was 5:00 in the morning when I left my house, or Kris’s house to be technical. It was pretty early in the morning and it was still pretty dark. The streets were empty and I let out a huge sigh as I came to a stop at an intersection.

 

I got home at around 2:30, woke up at around 4 in the morning and left.

I was dead tired.

I was humming their song Wolf, because that is my favorite song by them so far, and it was playing on the radio. I drummed the beat on my steering wheel, waiting for the light to turn green.

Time went into slow motion.

Something hit me, hard.

Next thing I knew, I was surrounded in darkness along with complete redness.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Luhan was still at the suite, as he tried to take care of everyone who had a bad hangover, which included the party boys such as himself.

 

 “, that looks like a bad car accident.” Suho commented as he pointed to the TV. The news about a car accident at around five in the morning was on every channel.

 

“The car accident was reported at around six in the morning when traffic finally picked up, but the first person who spotted it saw five cars in a wreck at an intersection.” The news reporter stated. “Officials however state that the first car accident was caused when the driver who was under the influence of alcohol, speeding and what seemed to be a text to their friend saying they were home safely first collided with a car that was at the stoplight.”

 

Luhan felt his phone buzzing from an unknown number, but decided to answer it anyways.

 

“Hello, are you by any chance know the contact, My Deer Perfection?” The voice asked and Luhan froze.

 

There was only one person he knew saved him as a contact on their phone. Luhan went cold as he barely was able to speak. “Uhm, yes , this is him. Is there something wrong?” Luhan’s voice was shaking and Suho turned around to him looking at him oddly.

 

Luhan was hyperventilating and Suho got up to start rubbing his back.

 

“We’re sorry to inform you, but the person of phone, was in a deadly car crash early this morning.” The other line said and Luhan froze as he dropped his phone.

 

Luhan heard Kris shaking him to snap out of it as Suho talked on his phone. Everything happened in a blur as he was soon in Kris’s car, what seemed to be the passenger seat as Kris sped his way over to the hospital.

 

When he arrived to the hospital, it was like time officially started moving again and his body, just made a break for it. He raced to her room.

 

And his heart was completely destroyed.

 

There, his Moonlight, lied was covered in bandages and IV’s stuck to her as she clung onto her dear life.

 

“I assume, you’re her Perfection?” the Doctor asked and Luhan noded. “Well it seems that the driver collided with her on the drivers side. She’s currently in a comma, but we wanted to ask you, since you’re her top contact. Well, you see the thing is, there’s no way she can recover. She’ll most likely be stuck in the comma for the rest of her life, and even if she does wake up, she’ll be paralyzed, all over her body.” The doctor said.

 

Luhan again froze.

 

“This is your decision, but taking her off life support might have her have a happier life.” the Doctor said. “I know it’s hard. I know she’s an influential person in this world, but please think about it. It would be best for her.” he patted Luhan’s back and left the room.

 

Slowly, or what seemed slowly in Luhan’s mind everyone in EXO slowly came in. Sehun, was the worst though. He was a crying mess. Selena was crying Kai’s arms and Kris had his arm around Luhan, trying to tell me everything is okay.

 

It was finally around dinner when Luhan snapped out of his trance. He looked at Kris, Sehun, and Selena and I asked the rest of my members to give us some time alone. They respected Luhan’s wishes and he finally told the truth about what the doctor told him. Sehun went into another crying cycle. Selena was frozen and Kris kept sighing as he ran a hand through his hair every five second.

 

Luhan looked over at his Moonlight and held her hand. He caressed it ever so gently and brought it up to his face.

 

“I’d say you should listen to the doctor.” Kris finally said after an hour of silence, except with Sehun’s sobbing. “She looks like she’s in so much pain. I think she would rather have you end it, so she can live peacefully.”

 

Luhan felt his head lie on the bed as he looked up at his Moonlight. He really did not want to end it. Not after he finally got to be with her, again.

 

Luhan felt her hand twitch as the grip tightened on his hand. Luhan jolted up and squeezed my  hand, reassuring he was right there.

 

Finally opening my eyes, I let out small breath out. I looked up at Luhan who had tears in his eyes. She gave him a kind smile and Luhan shook his head. I knew he did not want to accept it. He never wanted to accept it. I knew him so well, he did not want to believe that I was dying, right now.

 

“I....I...I’m ... sorry.....” I whispered with every strength I had left in body. His grip got stronger on my hand and stronger as each millisecond passed, while mine got weaker and weaker as each millisecond passed.

 

I heard the beeping becoming louder and louder and I heard Luhan shouting, telling me not to leave him. To stay, but I could not. The pain was strong, my chest and body was getting heavier.

His shouting started becoming softer as I only was able to read his lips, as I saw him with those eyes, that were filled with pain.

 

“No, no please.” Luhan begged as he hugged me tight. I felt his tears drop onto me, and I closed my eyes, it was painful to cry. “We still, we still have too many things to accomplish.” his breathing became uneven. “Please, please don’t. I love you, Moonlight. Don’t. Never leave me, please, I can’t lose you, nothing can compare to you.” he kept whispering I let out a sigh and he looked at me in the eyes and I saw his beautiful face with puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

 

“I...I...I..love you...” I said and I felt my body weakening. “Luhan...” I said with my last breath, and then, the darkness consumed me.

 

~~~

 

Luhan sat in the pews and the tears would not stop rolling. He had not slept a wink ever since she passed away a week ago. The whole world was shocked by the news, the uprising new Business Queen sudden death.

 

Luhan did not know what do with his life. She meant the world to him.  Luhan wanted to run away from reality. He wanted to go back in time and convince her to spend her life with him.

 

His hands never left the black box inside his pocket. His grip tightened around the box.

 

Kris walked over towards him, his eyes puffy too as he pulled something out from his pocket and shakily handed it to Luhan. “I’m so sorry Luhan.” Kris said and Luhan looked at the envelope.

 

In her handwriting, the letter said: My Manly Man .

 

Luhan looked up at Kris who sat down and gave him a hug he needed. “ I found it in her desk last night.” Kris said and Luhan nodded. “I’m so sorry. Kris sighed and Luhan’s grip tightened on Kris’s tuxedo.

 

“I never... I never got... I never got to propose to her.” Luhan shakily said and Kris froze. He remembered back in High School, Luhan was going to propose to her as soon as they got out of high school.

 

Kris remembered how Luhan wanted to get married, so he could help her and be there for everything. Luhan was already part of her family, as her dad accepted her as a son back when they first started dating. Luhan was ready to become the head of the house for her.

 

“I just, want her back. I just wanted a happy life with her.” Luhan said as he gripped on to the letter. “I should have went with her to the states. I should have followed her, instead of asking her to go to China with me. I should have, just dumped that stupid actress. Why, why did I ignore her. Why, why.” Luhan said quietly.

 

“She probably would have never allowed that.” Selena said sitting on the other side of Luhan. “You are her weakest spot, I know that.” Selena said. “When she collapsed at your concert, she whispered to me, quietly. I looked at her oddly, but I understood what she meant when Sehun met eyes with me and gave me a questioning look. She wanted you to not worry about anything while you performed.” Selena said. Luhan felt the tears coming again.

 

The funeral started, and it was a small funeral, filled with only the people who were close to her. The place was heavily guarded with security all around because of all the famous people that were there.

 

Luhan sat there as he listened to people speak about her. There were many, many he did not even know about.

 

Her secretary spoke about her, her favorite teacher at Harvard even came down to speak.

 

Sehun went up next, and his words were brief. He could not help his tears fall.  To Sehun, she meant the world. She was like his mother, and Luhan was like his father. She would always call Sehun up to make sure he was okay, if he was fine. She would stay up late for him when he could not sleep or had a nightmare.

 

“Noona, I miss you... I know you’re in a better place, but I wish, I wish you were still here noona.” Sehun choked out before her ran off the stage as tears rolled down his eyes.

 

“Sorry about that... Sehun’s a cry baby.” Selena chuckled as she walked up to talk about her. “She, she was a breath of fresh air in my life. All my life and Sehun’s, it was just the two of us, growing up. We did not have much. We didn’t come from some rich family. We went to a public school, I was always taking care of Sehun, our neighbors always helped us out with rent and food. But in reality, it was just Sehun and I. Until we met her. She’s a couple years younger than me.

When I met her, she instantly gave me warmth inside my heart. I was a cold person, who had to be strong to protect Sehun and I. She was not some rich kid either. For her, it was her dad and her for most of her life, but her dad was sick so she had to take care of herself a lot. When we met her, we instantly became close.

She would always come over, make sure we were fine, had enough food, we paid our rent, and stuff like that. She would always let us stay over at her house when it was too late to head back home since it was dangerous.

Sehun, instantly fell in love with her. Within her, he saw that motherly love, I could never provide him with.

For me, I saw a sister, who was trying so hard in this world to look on the brighter side of things.

She wanted all of us to be happy, not be struggling. To be honest, she personally told me when she got the acceptance letter to Harvard, she did not want to go. She wanted to go ahead with her original plans, but she had this look. Man, it was so determined to go and become successful.

I will never forget that day. We sat in her living room, talking about all the things we would do once we were successful and rich. How we would live in this big vast house, in China with the biggest garden and field you could ever see. It would be against a mountain, so everyday we could go hiking up there in the morning, watching the sun rise. We would live there, all five of us; her, me, Sehun, Kris and Luhan. We would not have to worry about anything in life.” Selena said as she felt herself gripping the podium harder as her knuckles turned white.  

 

“She never deserved to die. She never should have left. She was such a bright person, full of life. Only meeting her once, would change your life.” Selena cracked as the tears fell hard.

 

“I miss you... I wish you are in a happier place, but this pain, nothing can replace my sister, my family member that I had In my life.” Selena croaked out before she left the stage.

 

Sehun ran up and hugged his sister like there was no tomorrow.

 

Kris stood up and as he walked by Selena and Sehun he gave both their shoulders a squeeze before he walked up to the podium.

 

Kris let out a huge breath and stared off. “Man, I don’t know where to start with her. She was the best thing in my life. She is like my sister, and bro, my sibling.” he stated before he drily chuckled. “To be honest though, I was always jealous of Luhan and her relationship. When I first met her, I was a jackass who was loaded with money. I would pick on her, bully her, make her feel inferior to me. But one day, those feelings, changed. I wanted to suddenly protect her.

I did, I did anything and everything I could to protect her. But it was too late when I realized my feelings for her, were love.

Luhan and I, we’re bros. We’ve been bros ever since the day we were born. And, I could not ruin something so beautiful between my brother, and the girl I loved. So I did what any sane person would do, and I just stayed in the friend zone.

All throughout middle school and high school, that’s what happened. She became my bro, and I was hers. We had each other’s back. Even when this tried to start rumors about us having a thing to try break up Luhan and her, we cleared it up.

We had each others back, and broke that.

I broke it. I broke the bro code.” Kris said and stopped what he was saying.

He looked out towards Luhan, then Selena then Sehun.

 

“How I broke it, you’re wondering. Probably.” Kris said and paused. “I broke it, junior year. This was how the rumors started that almost destroyed her relationship with Luhan.” Kris let out a huge sigh and walked around for a bit before returning back to the podium. “This, is probably the hardest thing, I have to say, ever.” Kris admitted and looked at her Secretary. She gave him a thumbs up so he started. “During winter break, Luhan and her did, the deed.” Kris said and the whole audience gasped and looked straight at Luhan and his eyes were glued on Kris.

“How, I know this? Well, Luhan went back to China for Spring Break to visit his grandma, and so I was hanging out with her. She was complaining how she felt sick. I joked and said what if you’re pregnant, and she froze. She told me she had not gotten her period in three months, and I asked if they actually did it, but she told made me run to the convenience store. Man that was the worst experience of my life, especially when the cashier was giving me suggestive eyes , and judging me pretty harshly. So, she took all seven of the tests I bought and they all came out positive. She started freaking out. So, we decided on a plan. She stayed in school until it got almost obvious. Then she flew with her dad down to America, stating he needed it to be with the relatives there, but real reason was she did not want Luhan to know she was pregnant.

She never told me, why she did not want to tell him, but I listened to her wish. She came back three months after school started. She gave birth two months after school started. But the day she was supposed to fly back, her father died, so she decided to stay another month.

I never knew what happened to her kids, but all she told me they were fine when she came back.” Kris said. “I just, needed to get that off my chest. It was not right to keep it hidden, from the people who love her.” Kris let out a long sigh and closed his eyes as he looked up, trying to stop the tears from flowing. “I wish, she was still here. But I know, that she’s a better place, although she would disagree with me and tell me the best place she could ever be was in Luhan’s arm.” Kris joked and the audience laughed and Luhan felt more tears come out. “I hope she’s happy, wherever she is.”

 

The speeches ended and the final viewing of her, as well as the words of condolences to Luhan, Kris, Selena and Sehun were made. Luhan felt like a zombie while he heard everyone’s words. The secretary, whose name was Daisy came up to Luhan and smiled at Luhan. She was with two kids, who looked the same age, one was a boy and the other was girl.

 

“Luhan, my dear.” She smiled and pushed the two kids forward towards Luhan. He looked at both of them and saw so much of resemblance of himself in each of them. Luhan was speechless.

 

“They...they...” Luhan knelt to the ground and looked up at Daisy. “The boy’s name is Sun, while the girl’s name is Moon. That’s what she named them.”

 

“Luhan...?” The girl Moon asked and Luhan nodded slowly. He felt two arms thrown around him and he felt the girl’s tears on his shoulder. He gently comforted her and looked at the male. The male had a stoic face, but soon wrapped his arms around Luhan and silently sobbed.

 

Everyone was eating food, talking about her, while Exo was playing with the twins. Apparently Moon took a great liking towards Chen and kept stating she was going to marry him when she got older. Sun, on the other hand was more reserved and kept to himself, not letting go of Luhan’s hand.

 

“How?” Luhan asked once Sun decided to go play with Kris, who he finally got Sun to admit that Kris was his favorite Uncle.

 

“She, her mother.” Daisy stated. “I knew her mother. Her mother did a lecture at Harvard when I was a graduate student. I came close with her actually, since she was there for about a month. I think it helped we were the only Asians there.” she chuckled. “She became, my older sister. So when she was born, her mother told me she did not have much longer to live, and I was there to oversee her, although I lived in America. So actually, when her and her father came to America, they stayed with me. She told me she couldn’t keep the kids so I adopted them. When she came back to America, and after she graduated from Harvard, she assigned me as her secretary. She wanted someone she knew, and could trust.” Daisy explained as Luhan listened with full concentration. He wanted to know her history when he was not there. He listened to how Daisy saw how she raised the kids. She was never a really good mother, and told them their father was busy making money so they could live a happy life.

 

“She told me Sun takes after you. Apparently you were some stone cold person before you met her.” Daisy chuckled and Luhan could not deny it, since it was true. “Also, she probably got to never tell you, since she was going to surprise you.” Daisy said and Luhan froze knowing that was the thing she said she would tell him. “So you know how Selena talked about you guys getting a house on the countryside?” Daisy asked and Luhan slowly nodded. Daisy pulled out an envelope from her bag and handed it to Luhan. “That’s why she had to leave early in the morning to settle the deal. I settled the deal for her, since...you know. But it’s your house, well more Sun and Moon’s house.” Daisy said.

 

Luhan nodded as he shot up and told Selena, Kris and Sehun the great news. Everyone was cheering and they all decided to have a party at that house that night. So, Luhan, Sun, Moon, Daisy, Selena, and the rest of EXO had dinner at the house that night. It was a wonderful evening filled with laughter, tears, as well as warmth from everyone.


 

~~~

 

It was nighttime, and the moon was out. Luhan decided to step outside for a bit as he walked out on the balcony.  He looked up at the moon that was shining bright, and he felt his tears drop. The longer he stared at the moon, he felt warm.

 

The Moonlight that gave him warmth. He pulled out the box inside his pocket, opening and staring at it. A cold, but warm breeze blew by and he looked back up at the Moon and smiled.

 

Thank you, for not leaving me alone in this world.


 


~~~

 

 

Dear My Manly Man,

    Yo Yo Yo~ haha. well, how do I explain this to you? I know you’re going to find this later, and I know you’re going to be a mess, or not?     

    If you’re going to be mad at Kris since I know you would, accusing him of not telling you, I never told him. I didn’t tell anyone, except my father and my secretary. But he passed away while we were in my junior year.

    So, Sun and Moon. Did you meet them? They’re the sweetest things in the world. Except Moon, she’s sometimes a devil in disguise, like you.  haha. Jk , I still love you . But in all honesty, I hope you’re not mad at me for not telling you. I didn’t want them to prevent you, as well as myself from stopping what we wanted in life. (Wow, I make them seem like a huge burden, but you get what I mean right) If you're wondering how I got their names, I got it from your nickname for me, Moonlight.

    Anyways, life with you, minus the college part was the best thing about my life. I spent everyday wanting to fly up to China to be with you, so I could escape everything going on during college.

    I love you Luhan, I love you so much. I just wanted to let you know. I know we probably ended on such a weird note, or kind of ended, I’m not sure what happened, but I’m sorry I couldn’t be a better girlfriend for you. I wish I could have tried to save our relationship during college.

    I hope now that I’m back, we find our happiness again, whether it be with each other or not. But I really do hope it’s with each other.

 

I love you.

~ Your special Moonlight.


PS: I saw your box. In case you’re wondering, I would have said yes in a heartbeat.

 

 

 

 


 

OMFG. DONE. 

I'm going to post my thoughts in the next chapter.