Four.

Vol. 2 Sistar Drabble Collection

The Bud of Our Love.

Today, a box arrived on the stoop of our newly purchased home. Luckily, Sunggyu was completely oblivious to even take notice of it or me trying to drag the package up the steep flight of stairs to the home office for me to unbox in solitude. 

Baby items ranging from one-sies to bibs to rattles and more poured out onto the plush rug as I hurriedly discarded the box aside in excitement. My mother had been blabbering on for months about sending over the items she had saved from I and my sister's infancy. I delicately picked up a baby pink dress, eyeing the fancy garment with glee before the door of the office unceremoniously slammed open with the unexpected. 

"Hey, Jihyun—wait, what?" Sunggyu halted as his eyes constantly blinked at the pile before me. "Jihyun, what's going on here?"

"Remember when you said that if there was thing in the world that'll make you happier than our wedding day, you'd be 'ecstatic and forever in bliss'?" I reminded him as he nodded his head lightly in comprehension, "well baby, you got your wish."

"You're pregnant, Jihyun-ah?" He blubbered as tears of joy pricked at his eyes, his cheeks blushing to match the material of the dress I was holding up to him. "Oh, darling!" He nearly squeaked as he clambered over to me and dropped down to the plush rug to embrace me and the bud of our love growing within me.