Moments of Weakness

Moments of Weakness

The first time you met him was in a nightclub. You were getting yourself drunk because you just recently broke up with your girlfriend. He sat right next to you before you started blabbering stuff. Those sweet and painful memories you’ve spent with your girlfriend and about how much you love her. He listened to you but you don’t know if he was forced to do so or if he was willing to listen because you have a tight grip on his arm which won’t allow him to move away. When it’s time to pay for your bills, you lacked the money and he ended up paying the rest.

The second time you met him was in the hospital. You were having a suicidal attempt which failed and ended you up in the hospital. He entered the wrong room, which was your room. Actually, you don’t remember him. You just thought he looked familiar. But he remembered you and introduced himself as Kibum. He told you what happened when you first met. You were embarrassed but still you gave your name Donghae to him.

The third, fourth and fifth time you met was still in the hospital. Kibum was able to visit you three times after the day of introduction. He brought you fresh flowers and fruits. Both of you would talk about certain things and events but it was nothing personal and simply just fun. You look forward to his visits but then, you got discharged and you wonder if you’ll meet him again or if he’ll find you again somehow.

The sixth time you met was at the café. You were having a bad day. The day was full of problems and completely stressful so you decided to escape. You ended up in the café having coffee, trying to get yourself to relax but you ended up crying in frustration for not being able to solve your problems. Then he came and listened to your problems. He didn’t give any advice. He didn’t even try to cheer you up or say that everything’s going to be okay. But you felt better after sharing your problems.

The seventh time you met was at the cemetery. You were burying your beloved pet goldfish. You actually wanted your friends to be here with you but they just laughed it off and said that he was too dramatic and emotional over an ordinary goldfish so now, you are grieving alone for the death of your beloved pet goldfish. You were about to leave when you saw him.

He was crying in front of the grave of his parents. You think it’s your turn to listen to him and that’s what you did as he talked about the fond memories he had with his parents. When he finished, he asked what you were doing in the cemetery. Then it was your turn to talk about your pet goldfish.

“You always seem to see me in my moment of weakness but it’s my first time to see you in your moment of weakness.” You said and you know that you’ll find each other again when there’s another moment of weakness.

The eighth time you met was on the street. You stared at his crying face. It didn’t bother you that his tears had fallen on your face. At that moment, you felt weak but you gathered the remaining strength in your body to wipe those tears away and pull him closer to you so you could give him a kiss. Your last thought was that you must have looked cool dying this way like in those dramas and movies in which you saved an innocent bystander and had your last kiss with Kibum.

The ninth time you met… it can’t exactly be called a meeting if Kibum can’t see you, right? Because you’re already a spirit watching your own funeral in which Kibum had attended.

“Are you Donghae’s friend?” Your mother asked because nobody in that funeral knew who Kibum was. They must have thought that Kibum was attending the wrong funeral.

“I guess you could say that.” Your mother accepted Kibum’s answer and left him alone after that. Then Kibum looked at your dead body in the coffin and asked. “We weren’t just friends, right? We were more like strangers seeking comfort with each other in our moments of weakness but we could have been something more if you just didn’t die…”

Everybody was surprised including you when Kibum had leaned over and placed a kiss on the glass which was the only thing that separated your dead body and Kibum. You knew that Kibum would be visiting your grave in the future and continue to share his moments of weakness with you.

THE END

A/N:  This is my birthday fic for hae_ki back in 2009.  Wow! It's been a long time~ She likes angst so I made someone die XD!!!!!!! But don't worry, I wrote an alternative ending/story for this ^_^  Check it out soon~! Most probably tomorrow!!! As for now... comments please?