The noise of wedding bells

The Book of the Dragon

Someone threw water at me and I woke up. I looked up and it were a policeman. "Am I in prison?" I asked as all I remembered were getting dragged somewhere and being locked up in the middle of the night. "You were under custody." He answered and I tried to clear my head about everything when something hit me "Were? What about now?" I asked and look up at the officer. "Now you are free to go. Your lawyer took care of everything fast and payed the bail" I shook my head "Wait what lawyer? What money?" An old man came in and shook my hand "Mr. Kim contacted me about this last night and I came as fast as I could to clear everything. Mr. Kim is here to take you home Miss Song." I rushed up and fixed my clothes and hair. What would happen to me now? Bobby would for sure not marry me now that he knew what a monster I was. I killed three grown men on one night not to mention the past nobody knows about beside me and Iron. Were the Kim family going to kill me because of that old story? Last time I met Mr. Kim he were so nice and he said himself that the sory about the dragon were just a story. However how could I ever pay him back after this? We were already in dept and there were no way I could be their daughter by adobtion or marriage now that I were a criminal. It would only hurt them and their business if anyone knew they had any sort of relation to someone like me. I felt sorry for the Kim family going through all that trouble for me. I had no idea how to apolegize and ever make up for all that.


I heard steps coming this way and I bent my body 90 degrees to greet and apolegize to Mr. Kim for all of this but before any words came out of my mouth he grabbed my arm tight "Please straighten yourself up, I don't have time for this!" A harsh unfamiliar tone said. I looked up and it were a young stranger who looked exacly like that king from the painting at the Kims'. "Thank you for your help Mr. Yoo." He said to the old lawyer and greeted the officer with a cold nod before walking out and draggin me along. It hurt but I shouldn't complain nor blame him for treating me harsh after all the trouble, time and money the Kim family have wasted on me. I wondered who he was. Could this be Bobby? If that were really so why would he hide himself till now? He were young and god looking so I wondered why he couldn't just find a prober wife on his own instead of forcing someone he have never met. Not to mention I am no good for either him or his family, but he seemed to be the one in charge of this whole thing. I wondered what his plans were. No matter what it was I screwed it up for him and I could really feel the frustration and disappontment in him. He opened the front seat door to a really expenssive car "Get into the car" he said coldly and released my arm as he went to the other side to get into the car as well. I sat beside him and he started driving. I would expect such rich people to ave personal drivers but he didn't. I didn't know what to say or do. Would he drive me to my own home or his home? Why would he drive me to his place after all this though. "I'm sorry" I said weakly and looked away to avoid his small yet cold eyes. "Don't ever apolegize. Stand up for whatever you do. Self deffence is no crime Miss Song" Self deffence? She he wasn't mad at me? But I could hear by his tone of his voice that he wasn't pleased at all. I didn't know what else to say. I were afraid whatever I said would be the wrong thing as well. I felt ashamed and pityful for being in this whole mess. "The least you can do after me cleaning up after you is to accept my offer." I looked at him but his eyes were on the road. "Why do you want to marry me? After everything that have happened, why do you still want to marry me?" He pulled the car to the side and parked. He looked at me with a frightening expression and said with a threatening voice "Promse me never to question this marriage or my intions with you! I saved your just now and I will save your little family and I will never lay my hands on you. That is all you need to know!" I froze inside. Something about this guy made me so afraid. I felt out of control because a feeling inside told me to hurt him. He started the car again and kept driving like nothing happened. Why would this guy force me to marry him when he clearly hated me and I were nothing but a burden to him? Nothing made sense to me but I could never ask and would never get answers. I just wondered what kind of life were awaiting me and most of all I wondered what whould happen to me and Iron. How would I ever be able to just turn my back on him and on us.


He parked the car at the Kims' house "Do you have anything personal belonging that is very important to you at your old home? I will make Jin bring it to you." I shook my head "No need." We got out of the car and he followed me to a room prepared for me. "This is your new home Miss Song. I live upstairs." He just walked away and I had no idea what to do in that room, in that house. I just sat on the bed and my phone and saw Iron have called and texted me all night and morning.
"I'm Sorry Jieun. I did't mean it. Of course I don't want you to marry someone else. Please forgive me"
"Jieun please come home I'm sorry"
"Where are you? I am getting worried"
"Jieun where are you? I saw you on the news! Jieun please answer!"
"I went to the police station but I heard The Kims already took care of everything... I hope everthing will be okay. Please be strong Jieun"
"The school told me you are officially not a student here anymore. Jieun what is going on? Please anser the phone or something. This is really frustrating."
I felt horrible. I cried and wrote "Iron I'm sorry." and texted it to him. I couldn't even imagine what kinds of hell I've put him through. I felt like I just wanted to disappear. I were a burden to everyone around me. Maybe this were for the best so I couldn't bring any of those at home any more troubles. I were really a monster wasn't I? But what would happen to me if I were to spend all my time side by side with the man I am fated to kill? I heard knocking at my window and it were Iron. I hurried up and opened the window and pulled him inside. "Iron what are you doing here?" I held him tight and cried more than before. He wrapped his arms around me "I will find a way to take you back. Please wait for me and take care of yourself till then okay?" I couldn't say anything to him. No words came to my mind. I just found myself clinging to him, wishing I never had to let go. "I love you Jieun. Just becaue you marry him doesn't make you his wife, please remember that."