Changes

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Jin's POV

"Hye Jin?" Sehun nearly choked on his water as I walked into English.

I pulled my beanie off my head before sitting beside him. I kinda felt like Mia from the 'Princess Diaries' when her grandmother forced her to have a make over and then people were accusing her of having a head transplant.

"Yeah," I chuckled as his eyes widened even more.

"Holy crap!" he blurted out while staring at my hair "When you texted me about some sort of appearance change this morning I really didn't expect that." he motioned to my hair .

"Do you like it?" I played with the ends of my hair as he laughed.

"It's cute. You look like a Korean Ariel," he laughed causing me to smile, "but what made you want to do that?"

Okay! So yeah, I think I went a little crazy with the whole appearance change but I actually liked my "new look".

I went to a salon first thing this morning and let them dye my long, natural black, untouched, sacred hair, red. Suprisingly it looked very well on me and the school has no ban on hair dyes so I was sorta happy.

My parents have never really been strict on what we did with our hair or anything but I still never did anything with it. So it just grew to the point where it was to the middle of my back  from getting it trimmed and such.

"I needed a change," I chuckled as Mr.Kim walked in the room looking at my hair first.

"Well then Ms. Song, I see you had a drastic change over night," he laughed as I nodded in return.

Today just had this vibe to it. It was a mixture between happy and something unexplainable.

The rest of my classes went by in a breeze until lunch came.

Hyun Ah barely recognized me when she walked up and joined Sehun. She kept glancing over, but it was taking a while for her to register that it was me.

"You're hair!" she shrieked causing me to laugh, "Your perfect beautiful hair!"

"Yes, it's red," I laughed as she looked as if she were about to cry. 

"I would kill for hair like yours! I don't think you understand!" she cried dramatically onto Sehun's shoulder, "I wonder what Ri Han and Yoon Ji will think."

"They'll see it later!" I blurted out rather too quickly as we entered the lunch room earning myself weird looks from both Hyun Ah and Sehun. It's just I haven't done anything as crazy as this with my appearance before so you could say I'm a bit hesitant on letting my sister see it.

"Let's go sit down," Sehun said as he directed us to our usual table.

"Oh, Jin since our dance is next period I think we should eat small since it's not really good to eat a lot then exercise," Hyun Ah said as she pulled out a few granola bars and juices from her bag, "Then later we can go out to eat."

"Aren't you guys nervous?" Sehun raised an eye brow as we both glanced at him unphased by his statement.

"No," we both said in unison. We knew very well we were not only going to kill but ace this dance.

"You both scare me when you're like that," he blew his bangs out of his face "Oh by the way Jin, why were you up so late anyways?"

"Aish," I groaned in annoyance as he just smirked. This little .

"Once again i'm out of the loop," Hyun Ah huffed.

"Well you see Sehun's stalking me," I laughed as she  glanced over to the younger boy who scowled.

You should have kept quiet Oh Sehun.

"Tell me something I don't know," she cracked up as Sehun crossed his arms like a child.

"I told you Kyungsoo hyung told me to check on you!" he whined as Hyun Ah stopped laughing.

"Who's Kyungsoo hyung?" she asked out of curiosity.

"D.O. from EXO," he blankly said still glaring at me.

"Oh, anyways Sehun, aren't you nervous? You're dancing next period too right?" she asked as I looked over to my sister who was chatting with Yoon Ji. I saw my sister furrow her eye brows as she replied to her best friend. I've never seen her have that kind of expression towards Yoon Ji.

The rest of lunch went by with some more idle chit chat about dance class and homecoming which was coming up in the next few weeks.

I never went to any dance my old school held. One, because Ri Han always went with Taemin and that made me uncomfortable, and secondly because me and Kyungsoo sort of had this tradition to watch movies and make fun of my parent those days.

Well, my parents somewhat set themselves up for us to tease them but now it's different it's not like I can just skip out on school dances to watch movies and make fun of my parents with my best friend.

"Jin! It's time!" Hyun Ah beamed as she pulled me up from my seat and nearly dragged me to the dance studio.

We sat on the floor before our teachers and students from the other class began filing into the room as well. Mrs. Hwang and Mrs. Jung briefly explained our presentation for the day and how it would be graded.

"Okay first up from my group," Mrs. Hwang beamed as she looked down at her clip board, "Song Hye Jin, Kim Hyun Ah, Krystal Jung, Goo Hara, and Shin Jimin. Center stage."

We all exchanged confident smiles before gathering in the formation we practiced the entire week. Jimin gave Mrs. Hwang the cue to start the music we all decided on.

 

"Hello Venus!" we all said in unison before beginning.

I couldn't help but smile throughout the choreography since we were all executing it without flaw.

The rest of our pupils sat there in awe as we danced and I managed to make eye contact with Sehun who was constantly shooting us thumbs ups and cheering even though Mrs. Hwang kept scolding him.

Some people even began taking out their phones and recording us. I couldn't have been happier with our presentation as the music cut out and it seemed like the girls were just as happy, especially Hyun Ah.

"That was," Mrs. Hwang paused hanging open, "Wow, just wow. You girls did fantastic."

"Gamsahmnida!" we said in unison before bowing and returning to our seat on the floor and high-fiving each other. Hara was practically ecstatic. Some guys in the class began talking about taking some of us to homecoming as their dates and some of the girls were freaking out about having to go next.

"Hey, since this went so well dinners on me," she beamed as we all nodded, "I'll text you guy later about it just meet me outside my room"

And at this moment I new today was the best day I have at the IKA so far. I looked around the room for Ri Han but couldn't find her since there were so many more people in the room than usual.

I was just so happy, I felt new, refreshed, and truthfully a bit like I was having an adrenaline rush like I could do anything I wanted to. As for Ri Han, I hope she feels the same.

Ri Han's POV

I decided to skip out of show, but I still cheered for Hyun Ah and Hye Jin. I wanted some time alone.

During lunch me and Yoon Ji had a bit of an argument and it wasn't all great between us now. This was our first fight with each other that it hit us quite strongly. I didn't even notice what was going on during lunch as I quietly ate, my head down.

I want to make up her, but it just wasn't the time yet. I wanted to get a breath of air before we meet again because I will eventually. School just began and I'm already stressed, but not because of the academics.

Since this was last period and it wasn't mandatory to go see the performance, I decided to go somewhere outside of the campus. The hallways and corridors were unusually quite.

Seems like they went to check out the performance, I thought as I opened the door to the dorm room. I went to my closet and picked out something to wear. I opened the window to check out the weather; clear sky, cool breeze.

I looked through my clothes before deciding on a gray and white striped sweater, a white infinity scarf, white jeggings, and "short" gray boots. I got my hand bag, placing my phone, wallet, ID, keys, tissues, eos lip balm, and a water bottle inside. After putting on my coat, and grabbing a pair of mittens and a beanie, I locked the doors to our room and headed downstairs to the lobby and walked outside through the doors, walking off the campus.

I walked around the area, but I still didn't want to go back yet so I walked towards a park not far off where I was. Leisurely, I walked there, observing everything, not really paying attention to my surroundings. The park was very green, like it was from a fairy tale. I could imagine unicorns living here.

Of course, there h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter