Stories of the Past

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ri Han's POV

I stared from Yoon Ji to Hyun Ah then from Hyun Ah too Yoon Ji, trying to see if they were actually trying to prank me.

"Are you sure he wasn't glaring at me?" I asked, still doubting them.

They thought for awhile before shaking their heads. Hyun Ah added a wink to tease me. I pouted before changing the topic.

"So, who do you like Hyun Ah-ssi?" I evily smiled. Yoon Ji caught on what I was doing and joined me. The question made her flustered, making her hesitant to answer, but after some thought she replied to the question.

"There's this guy…he's actually a friend…but I think he only sees me as a friend. I'm too scared to ask him if he likes me more than a friend and I don't want to ruin our relationship either," Hyun Ah told us.

"Sehun?" Yoon Ji asked since that's the only guy friend we have seen Hyun Ah with.

"Nope. It's an oppa," Hyun Ah said, sighing a bit. This was the first time we've seen Hyun Ah so not cheerful, it suprises Yoon Ji and me a bit since it's a rare sight.

"Is he part of the music department?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but he's gonna graduate soon though. I've known him before entering here," she explained.

"Oh. Aww," Yoon Ji and I went in to comfort Hyun Ah as she half-heartedly smiled at us.

"It's fine. We're planning to go to the same college/university and all so the sooner I leave here, the sooner I get to be with him," she said, perking up a bit.

"Really?" I asked, a bit suprised how Hyun Ah already has her future planned so ahead. She nodded in reply.

"What happens if one of you don't get in or he drops out when you get there," Yoon Ji questioned.

"…He said he will drop out if he makes it and I don't or change universities/colleges or something like that. 'To protect you and keep an eye on you, kiddo' was his reason," she said.

"What about your parents and his?" Yoon Ji asked again. Sometimes this girl and her curiousity is a bit stressful.

"They both don't mind, as long as I pay for it myself," she answered which received perplexed looks from both me and Yoon Ji.

"Why won't your parents pay for them? Are they broke?" I asked this time, beating Yoon Ji.

"Well…my parents died in an accident and his family took me in, but not as their child or anything. Originally I was suppose to just play with him. They provided me with food, shelter, clothes, etc. but then they gave me to one of their friends, who are now my current 'parents', when we got older, but our stocks plummeted. We're not exactly broke, but I can't be considered a chaebol anymore," Hyun Ah explained.

We gasped as we found out more about Hyun Ah and the fact that she was a chaebol. I almost even forgot that I was the one who started this topic.

"Aww. Mianhae, Hyun Ah-ssi. I didn't know my question would become like this," I apologized, feeling bad for making her tell us things about her that weren't neccessarily good things.

"You can stop calling me Hyun Ah-ssi and just call me Hyuna, by the way. Anyways, what about you guys?" she changed the subject.

"Well…" Yoon Ji and I said in unison, making us chuckle.

"You can go first," Yoon Ji told me.

"Oh-Key! Okay, so let's see… what do you want to know?" I asked Hyun Ah.

"Anything I guess……how about your family?" she answered.

"Sure," I said, thinking for a while before beginning.

"My family are not wealthy, but we're not exactly middle-class. Something like in between wealthy and middle-class?" I began.

"So a high middle-class or a low wealthy people?" Hyun Ah asked.

"Yeah I guess," I answered, receiving a nod as to continue from Hyun Ah.

"My mom is an interior designer and my dad works in the real estate department. They both get paid well and I'm thankful to be living such a good life because of them. We live in Apgujeong in the Gangnam district in our own house and were attending Hyundai High School before coming here. Yoon Ji is my childhood friend and best friend. We've been together since daycare and we are like sisters. Hye Jin used to hangout with us, but around the end of elementary school we just stopped communicating with each other unconsciously. My umma and appa get along fine, but my mother is a bit dramatic. They are great people and they have many friends. They were friends with Taemin's parents before the incident, but cut off all communication after finding out about it. I still feel bad for ruining their friendship since it was practically my fault that it happened. It's not like they had to do with anything their son was doing. I think that's about it," I told.

"What about when your mother entered you guys in the beauty pagaent?" Yoon Ji asked. Hyun Ah gave me an excited, but slightly confused look so I decided to explain to her what Yoon Ji was talking about.

"So all mothers want their daughters to be a beauty pagaent or at least enter one or something. So in second grade I think or something, there was the Seoul Child Beauty Pagaent for 4-10 year olds. My mom entered Hye Jin and Yoon Ji's mom entered Yoon Ji, but it was only for fun for them. On the day of the pagaent, Hye Jin had an accident 30 minutes before it began and she cried for awhile. My mom was disappointed and called me over. I ended up being in the pagaent as 'Song Hye Jin' and the judges were confused since none of things on the application matched up to what I was doing on stage. I ended up winning 1st and Yoon Ji got 3rd place. My mom ran up on stage while they were giving out the awards and all and accidentally bumped into one of the judges. I caught the award since I was nearby and the judge and my mom clashed into each other and they landed in such an awkward position. My mom was on top, but the poor guy's face was near her s and then she had an argument with him and my dad even threatened to call the police. My mom never entered me nor Hye Jin in another pagaent since then," I chuckled remembering the funny scene.

This made us all laugh, bringing back the happy atmosphere. In the middle of laughing I remembered that it was also televised so I searched up the video and showed it to Hyun Ah, making us laugh more watching the scene. After we calmed down Yoon Ji told Hyun Ah a bit about her and her life before coming here.

"I always enjoyed dancing so I begged my mom to let me go even though my father didn't approve of it. I ended being quite talented in that field, but my father didn't care and still didn't want me to go. My mom is strict as well, but she understands so she continues to allow me to dance despite my father. I wanted to show my father that I wasn't wasting my time so I asked him to come to a recital. I performed for him there, but despite that, he still didn't want me to dance. I didn't stop and continued. My mother would help me at times as well. I decided to stop dancing for awhile and worked harder in my stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter