Chapter Two

Reality vs. Fantasy {Hiatus}

The boy lifted his head up and stared at Daehyun in surprise. He glanced down at his sister and shook his head slightly in answer to Daehyun’s question.

Daehyun quickly moved to help them. He lifted the girl into his arms, careful not to touch her arm when he noticed it was burned. He then helped the boy, noticing how he limped.

He put the boy’s arm around his shoulders to help support him and the boy glanced at him in relief. Daehyun briefly wondered if the boy thought he wasn’t going to help him before pushing the thought away and focused on getting the siblings out.

Daehyun quickly maneuvered them out of the house, hoping that Junhong, the court physician, was awake to help them.

Once outside the house, Daehyun brought them to their crying mother and told them to wait for Junhong to come.

He looked around for Sir Yongguk, running to him when he saw him with the other knights around a dead beast.

“Sir Yongguk!”He called out. Sir Yongguk looked up and ran to meet Daehyun.

“Sir Daehyun! Are you okay? What were you thinking, running into the fire like that?” He scolded as he looked over Daehyun to make sure he wasn’t injured.

“I’m fine, Yongguk. I had to make sure the woman’s children made it out okay. Speaking of, is Junhong here yet? I want him to look over them.”

Daehyun watched as Sir Yongguk blushed at the mention of Junhong but didn’t get to think much of it as he answered Daehyun.

“Yes, one of the knights woke him up when we first noticed the fire. He’s set up a tent to work on the injured already.”

Daehyun nodded. “Good. The children need to be treated. Why don’t you help me take them to Junhong’s tent?”

Sir Yongguk nodded and Daehyun turned around to face the children.

Daehyun woke up to the sound of his alarm ringing. He groaned and covered his head with a pillow to block out the sound. After a minute he uncovered his head and turned off his alarm. He rolled on to his back and sat up.

He groaned again as he got out of bed. He got dressed, then headed to the kitchen to make toast.

He thought of his dream as he his breakfast. He wondered who the children were. He smiled, proud of himself for saving them, even if it only happened in his dream.

Daehyun went to school and went to his first period class. The desks were arranged in pairs but Daehyun sat alone as there was an odd amount of students in the class. He sat right next to the window and he looked out of it as the teacher tried to get his students to calm down.

The teacher slammed a book down on his desk and the class immediately became quiet. Daehyun turned away from the window to stare at his teacher. The teacher opened his mouth to speak but before he could, the door opened and a student Daehyun never saw before walked in.

Daehyun thought he was cute as he walked up to the teacher and handed him a note. After a moment, the teacher spoke.

“Ah, Jongup! You’re the new student, huh?” He looked around the room and his eyes landed on Daehyun. “You can sit next to Daehyun. He’s the one in the back, next to the window.”

Jongup finally turned around to face the room and the room was filled with whispers as the girls started talking about how cute he was. A blush filled his cheeks and he shyly started walking to his seat.

The new student sat next to Daehyun who turned in his seat to face him better.

“I’m Daehyun,” he introduced himself quietly.

Jongup turned to him surprised and for a moment Daehyun felt like he knew him from somewhere.

“Jongup,” he said quietly, blushing again. Daehyun couldn’t help but think he was cute blushing.

When the class ended, Daehyun turned to face Jongup again.

“What class do you have next?” he asked as Jongup pulled out a sheet of paper.

“Pre-Calc in room 236,” Jongup said after he quickly read the sheet.

Daehyun smiled. “That’s right next to my class. I can walk with you if you’d like.”

Jongup glanced at him in relief and the feeling of recognition came back to Daehyun.

They stood up at the same time and Daehyun led Jongup to his next class.

“Do you want me to help you find your next class after this?” Daehyun asked when they were outside Jongup’s class.

He was disappointed when Jongup shook his head.

“I’ll just ask someone from this class to help me. But thank you, Daehyun,” Jongup said, smiling at him as he walked into his class.

Later, when Daehyun walked into the library for his free period, he was surprised to see Youngjae already sitting at their table.

“I can’t believe it. You got to the library before me. How is this possible?” Daehyun said as he sat next to his friend.

Youngjae shrugged. “My teacher was literally so annoyed with my class that he let us out like 10 minutes early. It was mostly Himchan’s fault, he’s so annoying.”

Daehyun fought a smile off his face when Youngjae started ranting about Himchan.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Youngjae suddenly asked and Daehyun finally let himself smile.

“For someone who hates Himchan, you sure do talk about him a lot,” Daehyun teased.

“Well, that’s only because he’s so annoying,” Youngjae rushed to explain, blushing.

Daehyun laughed. “Oh my god. Why are you blushing?”

“Shut up, Daehyun,” Youngjae said, blushing even more.

Daehyun laughed harder but had to quiet down when the librarian glared at him.

“Anyways,” Youngjae said, wanting to change the subject. “Do you know the new student yet?”

“Yeah, Jongup, right?”

Youngjae nodded. “He’s in my history class and all the girls were talking about how cute he was.”

“He’s in my English class and the girls were the same there. But it’s kind of weird. I feel like I know him from somewhere, but I can’t remember where from…” he trailed off, thinking.

He spent the rest of their free period trying to figure out where he knew Jongup from while also helping Youngjae with his homework.

They walked to their chemistry class together and then separated, sitting in their assigned seats. Daehyun was once again sitting by himself..

He brought out his notebook for the class, quietly doodling while he waited for his teacher to start. He was curious when whispers started around the room and he looked up, seeing Jongup in the front.

Jongup looked at him and smiled before he turned to the teacher again. Daehyun’s heart jumped in his chest at the smile and he blushed. He looked around the room and caught Youngjae’s eye. He was smirking at him, having seen the small interaction between the two. Daehyun looked away as their teacher cleared .

“This is Jongup. He’s new here, so be nice,” she said, glaring at everyone in the room. She looked at Jongup and her gaze softened. “You can sit next to Daehyun. Do you know who he is?”

Jongup smiled and nodded and then sat next to Daehyun.

They smiled at each other and then turned to face the front at the same time.

When Daehyun got home, he greeted his parents before rushing to his room. He got out his homework to work on it but was distracted by his phone vibrating, signaling he had a text.

‘You like Jongup, don’t you? ;) –Youngjae’

Daehyun blushed and was glad Youngjae couldn’t see him.

‘Um, maybe?? I mean I did just meet him –Daehyun

‘I think he likes you too –Youngjae’

‘What makes you think that? –Daehyun’

Daehyun didn’t receive a reply until before he went to bed.

‘He kept staring at you in class today –Youngjae’

Daehyun went to sleep that night with a smile on his face.


Everyone is now introduced in the story woo~

There's some slight Banglo and Himjae because why not, I love them.

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and commented! <3

I hope you enjoyed!