Chapter 2: The Job

Full House

It has been a week and Mark quickly realizes that living with Jackson turns out to be harder than he thinks. The guy is constantly everywhere - and Mark means everywhere.

Monday Morning...

"Rise and shine, Mark!" Jackson cries out cheerfully, opening the curtains in Mark's room to let the bright sunlight in.

Mark groans.

"Come on, I made breakfast!" Jackson says, jumping up and down. 

"Dude, what is wrong with you? Get out!" Mark growls, trying to shield his eyes from the sunlight.

"NOPE!" Jackson says. "It's already 7am. You should get up, grab some breakfast and go straight to work."

Mark ignores him.

"Have it your way, then!" Jackson cries out, pulling the blacket to reveal a very Mark and a very girl next to him.

"WAHHH!" the girl shrieks out as she sits up, trying to cover herself with a pillow.

The noise jolts Mark to sit up and see what is going on.

"JACKSON WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" he cries out.

Jackson just clicks his tongue and shakes his head. "It's a good thing I made breakfast for three. Come on and have breakfast you guys! The bacon is getting cold and I'm getting hungry."

With that he walks away, the girl glaring at Mark angrily.

Well..she's never going back to Mark's house EVER AGAIN.

Wednesday Afternoon...

"Sir?" Mark's assistant asks him warily through the intercom. It's a very busy day and Mark still has so much to do before he leaves work.

Mark drops the pen he's holding in aggravation

"What is it?"

"It's Mr. Wang again he's on the ph--

"Tell him I'm busy...

"Sir, he says it's an emergency."

Mark rolls his eyes. "He ALWAYS says it's an emergency!"

"He promises that this time it's real," his secretary says. 

Mark tries not to scream. It's obvious that Jackson has somehow charmed his 60 year old assistant.

"MARK!" Jackson wails out.

"WHAT? YOU CALL ME EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY. DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT I AM WORKING?" Mark practically cries out.

"MARK I AM SO SORRY I WAS TRYING TO COOK YOU DINNER BUT I FELL ASLEEP AND THERE WAS A FIRE AND I--"

"Oh my god, Jackson are you okay? Are you hurt?" Mark asks frantically, trying to supress his concern but fails.

"I'm okay. The kitchen is okay but the expensive kitchen towels..."

Mark closes his eyes and tries not to explode. "You mean the ones that my grandmother got from Europe? The handsewn, one of a kind towel.."

Jackson bursts into tears. "I'M SORRY! THE FIRE WAS GOING TO SPREAD AND I DID THE BEST I COULD TO SAVE IT."

Mark sighs. There's nothing else he could do. 

"It's okay, Jackson."

"I swear, I will pay you back and--"

"Don't worry about it."

Mark releases the breathe he didn't even know he was holding. 

He pretends he's just glad the kitchen is okay but deep down he knows it's because he knows at at least Jackson is safe.

Friday Night...

Mark grins at the guy that is currently leaning in his front door. Mark pins his arms on either side of his head and leans in.

"You ready to have the time of your life?"

The guy smirks. "Challenge accepted."

As Mark begins to lean in, the door quickly opens and the guy topples back, bringing Mark along with him.

The both of them groan and as they look up, they see a barely awake Jackson, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Mark, is that you?" he drawls out. "I thought I heard someone at the front door."

Mark looks at Jackson incredulously. The guy is wearing pajamas with little puppies on them.

Jackson then looks at Mark and then the guy underneath him and his eyes widens. "Oh I am so sorry! I didn't think--YAH. Mark, I thought you only slept with women?"

The guy looks at Mark, confused. "You...you're straight?"

"No, I'm bi."

"Yeah but with the amount of women he sleeps with, you would never have guessed," Jackson says, now completely awake.

"Oh..." the guy says, glaring at Mark. "He told me I was his only one."

"Yeah. I guess that's sort of true? I mean you're probably the first guy he's brought home."

Mark sits up, speechless.

The guy looks at Jackson and then at Mark and then shakes his head.

"I'm...just going to go," the guy says, standing up and walking towards the gate.

Mark glares at Jackson.

*~*~*~

Needless to say, Mark is at his wits end with Jackson. 

Mark paces back and forth as Jackson sits on the couch, playing with the cushions, a pout on his face.

"You need to do something, Jackson. Don't you have school? Friends? A job?" Mark cries out. "ANYTHING to get you out of the house."

"...You can take me to work with you," Jackson says, excited. "Wouldn't that be fun?"

"I've had enough of you at home. I don't need to see you at work too."

"I'm hurt!" Jackson says, clutching his chest.

Mark rolls his eyes. "That's not going to work on me."

Jackson sighs. "But what do you want me to do? I don't have enough money to go to school and really...I don't have any friends."

"I can see why," Mark mutters to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, nothing," Mark says, shaking his head. "But either way, find a job. Find SOMETHING to do."

Jackson looks at Mark, nodding his head. "Fine. Fine. I will."

*~*~*~*~*~*~

3 days later...

Jackson walks down the street, skipping happily. 

Mark has told him to find a job and he doesn't even know where to look. So he decides to go downtown to think things through.

"Aish, this is complicated," he says, taking off his snapback and rubbing his hair in frustration before putting his snapback back on.

A lovely scent stops Jackson in his tracks and he finds himself in front of a cafe. 

"Nora's Cafe," the sign above him reads. There's a picture of a really cute cat in the front of the shop. 

Jackson smiles and walks in to find the place completely packed. "Must be good coffee and food then," he says - and he's totally right as the sweet smell of baked bread and freshly made coffee invades his senses as soon as he opens the door.

"Order#37 your food is ready!" 

Jackson observes a group of teenage girls giggling to themselves and looking towards the counter. His eyebrows rose as he looks at the barista.

"He's so adorable," the girls whispered to themselves as they observed the milky-skinned guy with black hair and a dimpled cheek.

"Order#37?" the barista asks again. It's only then that Jackson realizes the slight accent with his voice.

A woman walks up to the counter and Jackson watches as the barista smiles at her, eyes crinkling, his dimple deepening even more. 

"He looks like a cute bunny," he comments, pursing his lips as he looks at the guy.

"Right?" the girls next to him say. "He's so adorable."

Jackson looks at the two girls again. "His name is Yixing and we come here every day just to stare at him."

Well, that's not creepy at all, Jackson thinks to himself.

Jackson just shakes his head at them and waits until it's his turn. It takes another 15 minutes for Jackson to finally reach the counter.

"Hi welcome to Nora's Cafe. My name is Yixing. What can I get you?"

SO CUTE! Jackson is practically squealing at he takes a closer look at Yixing.

"I'd like a mocha and a--"

"Excuse me...did you make this coffee?" a voice interrupts the two of them. 

Jackson's eyebrows furrow as he looks at the guy next to him. He is holding a cup of dark coffee, looking at Yixing angrily.

"Yes, sir," Yixing says. "I did make it. Is there something wrong with it--"

"I told you to put sugar in it. Why does it taste bitter?"

"Sir, I'm so sorry. Let me make another cup--"

"I don't want another cup. I want to know why this damn coffee tastes horrible."

"I apologize sir. I--" Yixing is at a loss for words. "I just..." 

Jackson feels pity for the guy. He's obviously so flustered he starts speaking in Mandarin.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry. Let me just make another cup and..." Jackson hears him, understanding every word.

"WHY DON'T YOU SPEAK KOREAN? SEE THIS IS WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULDN'T BE COMING TO THIS COUNTRY."

Yixing just bows apologetically, realizing that he's speaking in another language. "I'm sorry."

"Well, sorry isn't going to give me my money back, is it?" the guy yells, throwing is cup of coffee towards Yixing. 

Jackson just stares at Yixing, aghast.

"YAH!" Jackson says to the guy who is about to stalk off.

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" the guy growls.

"I WONT STAY OUT OF THIS. DIDN'T YOU HEAR HIM APOLOGIZING TO YOU? IF YOU NEEDED SUGAR IN YOUR COFFEE, THERE'S A JAR OVER THERE FULL OF ONE," Jackson says, pointing towards the back of the cafe. "YOU DIDNT HAVE TO INSULT HIM, LAZY ."

"Oh yeah? Who are you tell me all this?"

"Who are YOU to yell at someone like Yixing?" Jackson says, puffing out his chest.

By now the whole cafe is staring at the exchange silently.

"Sir, it's okay," Yixing pleaded towards Jackson.

"No it's not. He's rude and needs to be taught a lesson," Jackson says in Mandarin.

But before anything else can happen, a new person appears from the back room.

"Sir, I suggest you leave the premise right now before I call the police," the new guy says, looking at the guy who threw coffee at Yixing.

"Look unless you're the owner--"

"I AM the owner," the guy says. "Now I suggest you leave before things get ugly."

The guy just scoffs at them before leaving, the whole cafe cheering. 

The owner then turns to Yixing, looking at him gently and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay, hyung?"

Yixing just smiles at him. "Yes, I am. Sorry you had to see all that, JB."

Jackson takes this moment to take a look at JB. He seems so young and yet he owns this cafe? That's impossible.

JB then turns to him. "Oh, sir. I'm sorry you had to see all that. Thank you so much for standing up for Yixing hyung. My name is Jaebum and this is my cafe."

Jackson just looks at him incredulously. "But you--

"I look so young?" JB asks. He nods his head and JB laughs. "I know. My parents gave me this cafe as a birthday present."

Jackson gives him a side glance. Ahh. Rich kid. Figures.

"But sorry again, sir. Yixing hyung over here is one of the best baristas we have but his coworker, Luhan, had just left to go back to China for his studies," JB says. "I just got back from another business venture meeting in Japan yesterday so I haven't found a suitable replacement for Luhan yet."

Jackson's hope rises for a second. 

"So you're looking for someone new? Can I work here?" Jackson asks, excitedly.

"What?" JB and Yixing say together.

"I've been looking for a job and I swear, I can cook, I can clean,  I can do whatever. Please? Please? Please?" Jackson begs.

JB and Yixing look at each other.

"Up to you, boss," Yixing shrugs. "He seems like a great guy."

JB looks at Jackson up and down as if sizing him. "Well...."

Jackson winces, ready for the rejection.

"Okay. I must be crazy but I'll trust you. What's your name again?"

"Jackson. Jackson Wang."

"Welcome to Nora's Cafe, Jackson," JB says, shaking Jackson's hand. Jackson swats JB's hand away and engulfs both JB and Yixing in a tight hug.

"Thank you guys! You won't regret this!!!!"

*~*~*~*~**~*
Now that Jackson has found a job, Mark is happy that he gets some sort of peace and quiet.

Jackson is still very loud and very hyper, but at least he doesn't call in the middle of work anymore. He leaves the house earlier than Mark and by the time that Mark gets home, Jackson is already asleep.

....He may or may not miss Jackson's antics but he'll keep that to himself.

The ringing of his cellphone interrupts Mark's thoughts. He looks at the caller ID and smiles.

"I haven't heard anything from you guys in a while that I suddenly thought you all disappeared on me," he says. 

"WE COULD NEVER DO THAT. WE MISS YOU, MARK HYUNGGGGG" a whiny voice greets him.

"Shut up, Yugyeom, let me talk to Mark first," another voice says.

"Bambam, play nice," another voice interrupts the two.

Mark laughs. Trust Jinyoung to act like the mom.

"Is everyone in on this phone call right now?" Mark asks.

"Pretty much, yeah," two voices say at the same time. Jaebum and Youngjae - obviously.

Mark closes his eyes and sits back on his chair comfortably. It's been a while since he's last spoken to his best friends. The six of them had gone to school together throughout the years - some fancy school overseas - but lately everyone has been so caught up with their lives that they haven't had the time to catch up.

Bambam and Yugyeom are both still in school, finishing up.

Jaebum has been in Japan.

Jinyoung has been touring all over the world.

Youngjae has been busy with his family business. 

"So, hyung, are we allowed to come over your house and play video games?" Bambam asks excitedly. "Yugyeom, and I are out of school, Youngjae has some time off, and Jaebum hyung and Jinyoung hyung are back in Korea. Let's go hang out like old times."

Mark noddes his head. "I'm game!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, Yixing and Jackson are both gleeful as JB tells them that they're closing the shop early. 

"I have an evening appointment today so I thought it's best to close up early. You guys have done so well these past few weeks. You guys deserve the night off too."

"That's good because I will have time to Skype with Luhan. I haven't spoked to him in a while," Yixing says, blushing.

"JUST TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM ALREADY," Jackson hollers as Yixing gently pushes him. They've gotten much closer within the past few weeks.

"But this is good because I haven't seen my roommate in a while. It will be nice to spend the evening with him," Jackson says.

JB smiles at the both of them. "Alright guys. See you both tomorrow!"

*~*~**~*~*~

Mark gets home after work that evening, excited. He hasn't seen these guys in over a year and he can't wait to catch up with them.

"HI MARK!!!!!" Jackson cries out from the couch.

Mark pauses in his steps. "What are you doing still up? You're usually asleep by 8."

Jackson's face lights up. "Omo! You've memorized my sleep schedule? I'm so touched!"

Mark rolls his eyes. "Just answer my question.

"My boss let us off early today. So I thought now would be a good time to hang out and catch up."

"Well, no can do because I have friends coming over today."

"Oh good! I'd love to meet them," Jackson says, clapping his hands.

"No."

"Come on, Mark. Stop being mean."

"Jackson just go upstairs and--"

"NOPEEE!"

The two start chasing each other around the living room. Jackson is laughing wildly as Mark chases after him. Mark can't help but smile as well.

Their playtime is cut short when the doorbell rings.

"I'LL GET IT!" Jackson yells, running to the front door.

Mark runs after him but is too late as Jackson has already opened the door.

Mark then gets the surprise of his life when he sees Jackson yell out, "JB HYUNG!!!" and give his said friend a hug.

"Jackson?...Jaebum?" Mark asks.

What the hell is going on?

*~*~*~*~

A/N: SORRY SORRY SORR SORRY *does Sorry Sorry dance* I know it's been a while since I've last updated this fic but no worries! I didn't abandon it. HAHAHA. I hope you gus enjoyed this chapter. My friend Layna had asked me to include Lay and Luhan in this fic so I HOPE THIS PLEASES YOU, LAYNA. XDD 

So you guys: fun story. My friends and I were able to go to the Got7 Hi-Touch in our city and lakjsdkj I AM SO HAPPY. JB KNOWS I EXISTS (Yes, for all those who didn't know. I am a JB fan. LOL) but anyways, until next time!! *waves goodbye*