~ Part Three ~

[U-Kiss] Having something forbid...makes it more exciting! (Kevin Oneshot)

Kevin sighed. “I didn’t know it was going to be like this either…” The two boys fell silent for a while. “Anyway, Eli, Can I have your number again?” Kevin asked. Eli frowned.. “What do you mean? ‘Again’?” Kevin raised his eyebrows in disbelief. “Did you really think I’d delete Su Jin’s number after all that!?” He said to the completely oblivious Eli. Eli began to laugh. “You genius! I can’t believe it! I really thought it was going to end there and then!” Kevin quickly placed his finger over his lips, signalling for Eli to keep it down. “Keep quite! If anyone finds out, I’ll be in a lot of trouble.” Eli nodded. “You got it! Your secrets safe with me! Not another soul will know of this!” Kevin smiled. “Thanks, Eli!”

That night, Kevin sat on his bed andtook out his phone. It took him a while, but he finally managed to send a message to Su Jin. All it said was: ‘Is it okay with you if I meet you after work tomorrow? What time do you finish?’ A few minutes later his phone began to buzz as a reply arrived. ‘Sure, that’s fine. I finish at 8pm.’ Kevin smiled to himself. 8pm…it was so long to wait.

Just as he’d said, Kevin was there at 8pm that night. She walked out of the restaurant and over to where he was waiting. She greeted him with a smile. “Nice to see you again.” Kevin smiled back. “You, too.” They did exactly the same as they had done the previous day and walked together back to Su Jin’s house. Kevin didn’t want to tell her about his agency’s policy on dating. He was afraid that she might not agree to it. Kevin looked down. “Su Jin, would you mind keeping us a secret. You know to avoid media and such?” Kevin asked her. It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the main reason either. Su Jin smiled and moved closer to Kevin. She rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around him. Kevin hugged her back, resting his head on top of hers. “You don’t mind?” Kevin asked nervously. “We’d have to meet in secret and never tell anyone about us…Is that okay with you?” Su Jin nodded into his chest. “I’m okay with it…if you are!” Kevin laughed. “I’m okay with it. After all, if it’s forbidden, it makes it more exciting, right?” He said, excitedly. The girl laughed. “I guess so.”

Over the next couple of weeks Kevin continued to sneak away from his manager and members to see Su Jin. Su Jin also had to slip away from her family and friends as she couldn’t tell them who she was meeting.On this particular day, Kevin seemed a little more over excited than normal. Well, it was Valentine day. An exciting day for any couple, especially a secret couple. Kevin skipped through into the living room and looked around. “Anyone seen my phone?” he asked. Dong Ho picked up the phone that was left beside him earlier and handed it to Kevin. “Why are you so happy?” Kevin shrugged. “I’m just feeling great today!” The others shrugged it off and Kevin went about getting ready. As soon as he was about to leave the door, their manager walked in. “Where are you off to?” He asked Kevin. Kevin froze. “You look like you’re in a good mood, almost as if you have someone to spend Valentines with…” their manager commented in a stern voice. Eli watched, worried what he was about to say or do next.

The manager glanced at the other members before pulling Kevin aside into the next room. “You didn’t end it with that girl, did you?” He asked, angrily. Kevin kept silent and stared down at his feet before admittedly shaking his head. His manager folded his arms and huffed, mumbling something in a deep voice almost like a growl. “Don’t meet her again.” His words were cold and demanding. “Why!?” Kevin looked up with confusion and anger clear in his eyes. “Why? Tell me! What’s wrong with us meeting each other?” His manager shook his head. “You’re not allowed to…” “Don’t give me that!” Kevin cut of his words, furious. It was the first time he’s ever talked back to their manager, let alone got angry. “Kevin.” The manager continued but Kevin just shook his head. “I…won’t listen to anything more you have to say!” Just then, Kevin turned and began to run. Eli watched as his friend bolted through the living room and out the front door, their manager hot on his tail. He sighed to himself “Be careful, Kevin!” He mumbled quietly.

Kevin didn’t look back; he just kept running and running. Eventually he got to the café where he was to be meeting Su Jin. She was stood outside, waiting for him patiently. He watched her for a while. She stood loyally in the cold weather, waiting for him, her hair blowing softly in the wind. She was holding a small, red bag and had a smile on her face as she waited. Kevin smiled to himself. She…was really worth it. All this trouble he was causing, was worth it if he got to meet her. He ran over and greeted her happily. “Sorry! I’m late, Su Jin~ I hope you didn’t wait too long, I don’t want you to get sick waiting in cold weather!” Su Jin shook her head, shyly. “No, it’s fine!” They laughed and began conversation just as someone interrupted. “Kevin!” A voice called. Kevin spun round to see his manager standing there. Kevin sighed, he’d followed him all the way there…

“Kevin. I’m giving you one more chance.” His manager said, holding up his finger in exaggeration. “W-what is he talking about? Do you know him?” Su Jin asked, looking at Kevin. However, Kevin kept his eyes on his manager. “I won’t.” He said straight away. His mind was already made up. “Then, you’ll be removed from the agency and U-kiss.” He informed him. “What did you say!?” Su Jin burst out in shock. She turned to Kevin. “What’s this about? Why will you be removed?” Again, Kevin didn’t answer her. The manager stood in to explain it to her. “Kevin’s agency doesn’t allow dating. If he doesn’t stop seeing you, he’ll be removed.” Su Jin’s eyes began to tear. “You knew about that and you didn’t tell me?” Su Jin whimpered up to Kevin. Kevin looked down. “I…I won’t!” Kevin shouted suddenly, staring up at his manager. “What do you mean, Kevin!? You can’t leave the agency!” Su Jin panicked. “What’s the point if it’s stopping me from living my life!?” Kevin cried, angrily. “I’ll leave the agency, just leave us alone!” Kevin requested, tears forming in his eyes.

His manager was taken back in shock by his words. “Y-you’ll give up your dream for her?” He asked, wide eyed. “He won’t!” Su Jin stood in. “He’ll continue, I understand. I won’t see him anymore-“ “Stop, Su Jin!” Kevin yelled, cutting off her words. “I’d rather be with you.” Kevin admitted, shyly. Su Jin had tears rolling down her cheeks. “But, you…” She didn’t finish her sentence. “I don’t want you to give up your dreams because of me!” She cried, before starting to run away. “Su Jin!” Kevin called, but she didn’t stop. Kevin turned to shoot a look at his manager before getting ready to run after her. “Kevin, wait!” His manager shouted suddenly. Kevin stopped and looked back at him. “What?” “You…are really prepared to give all this up so you can be with her?” Kevin nodded, surely. “I love her.” His manager nodded, deep in thought. “Don’t quit the agency…I’m…I’m sure I can find a way around this.” Kevin’s eyes brightened a little. “You mean!?” “Go and find her, just make sure you’re back in time for recording tonight!” Kevin grew a large grin on his face and saluted. “Yes, sir!” he beamed before running off. His manager laughed as he watched the boy run after his girl. “She must be special for him to be willing to give up everything for her…” He said to himself with a slight smile.

Kevin quickly caught up with Su Jin and grabbed her wrist. She was crying hysterically and kept trying to pull away. “Let go! Kevin, you can’t!” She sobbed as she tried to free herself from his grip. “Don’t worry, Su Jin! He said it’s okay!” At that moment, she stopped struggling. “So, he will let us…?” Kevin nodded, answering her unfinished question. “And you won’t have to…?” Kevin nodded again, doing the same thing. “Then…” Su Jin paused for a moment before jumping in the air with a slight scream and wrapping her arms around Kevin. “Happy Valentine’s day!” He laughed back at the now happy girl. She released him from her grip and stood back, holding her hand on her chest and panting. “All of this…has really tired me out!” She said, still keeping a smile on her face. “I told you it’s be more exciting like this!”