Prologue

How to Find Your Own Reciprocal: Celine’s Story

June 02, 2014; 7:45 am

“Celine! Come here!” My best friend Min yelled at the middle of the crowd. Todays the first day of school, our first day of school here in SM High and we just met a minute ago and yet again, she yelled receiving glares from everyone. And what’s even worse is that she yelled in the middle of the crowd, a crowded one. Hoobaes, sunbaes and teachers everywhere busy with their own business.

 

I pinched my best friend’s arm and she yelled again receiving another glare from everyone. How did you even become my best friend? This is so embarrassing.

 

“Will you please be quiet Min. You just gained hundreds of haters in your first day of school.” I said remaining calm and she just winked at me and grabbed my wrist away from the crowd. We were out from the crowd and entered our favorite place in the building. The music room. We already proclaimed that the music room is our favorite place because of an accident when I first came here.

 

“What are we doing here? We are almost late from our first class Min!” I smacked her head and she winced in pain.

 

“What was that for?” She shouted and I covered with my palm signaling her to keep shut. She obediently nodded and I put my palm away from .

 

“Spill.” I uttered and she handed me a notebook. She smiled and slowly opens the notebook. There were large letters in the front page of the notebook. A diary for me?

 

Min coughed and hurriedly stated the words written in the front page of the notebook. “How to Find Your Own Reciprocal: Celine’s Story.” She exclaimed earning a dagger of swords from my glare.

 

“What?!” I shouted and she gave me her famous what-the-hell look. I was seriously not amazed about this notebook thingy and its purpose in my life.

 

She ignored my reply and turned it to page two. “You ready?” She smirked and I just gulped. Why do I even need this notebook? Yes, sure, I…I am so interested with who my reciprocal is but I never even thought that Min would make a notebook for me. I just love her so much.

 

HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN RECIPROCAL: CELINE’S STORY

First: Find at least 6 candidates you would like to have as your reciprocal according to your first impression of them.

Second: List their names and find more about them.

Third: Arrange your list chronologically regarding on how great they are to be your reciprocal. Regarding on how great they are to be the one for you.

Fourth: Be friends with them.

Fifth: Find out how different they are from one another; in other words, find the most unique one.

Sixth: Be different. Show them how special you are as their own reciprocal, at least for you.

Seventh: Life must go on. Cross out someone you don’t think as your own reciprocal at all.

Eight: Grab every opportunity. Be with him in this club if possible. Heck, have a friendly date with him if possible!

Ninth: Consider your feelings. Who do you think is your reciprocal? Self-reflect. Question yourself.

Tenth: Again, life must go on. You don’t need to think that much. If you think that he’s not your reciprocal, cross him out.

Eleventh: With the remaining four, cross one out. You don’t have to think that much girl.

Twelfth: A love-square already? No worries, you only need one. Cross another.

Thirteenth: How about a test to see who remains to be the strongest of all? Go on a date; with the same clothes, with the same old you, with the same setting and with the same mindset for each guy.

Fourteenth: How did the dates go? Are they all the same? How boring then. Cross out yet, another one. But be sure that the remaining two is already in your heart or mind.

Fifteenth: Oh hurray, for today! You just need to cross out one and you’re all set. But be sure that the remaining two is already in your heart or mind. That came out fast, isn’t it Celine? I’m warning you. Be sure to be with the one who always make you laugh and smile. I won’t be with you forever, they will. But then again, nothing lasts forever right?

Sixteenth: Battle with your heart and mind. Who can make your heartbeat faster? Who can make you weak with all of those looks, contacts and skinships of his? Who can run for the Olympics because of the constant thoughts of him running in your mind? Ask yourself girl.

Seventeenth: Don’t make things so complicated. Have your heart and mind be in sync. Choose one, girl. Choose the one for you. BUT, I should warn you. Choose the one who is really for you. Go to the right path. You should never like the same person because you would only have a major heartache. I warned you. After you’ve made your decision, there is definitely no backing out girl.

Eighteenth: It would be nice if you’d have him as your first and last in your eighteen roses. Have you made the right choice? Or the wrong choice? Never regret who you chose! For heaven sake, you neglected 5 candidates so you should never ever say that you regret not choosing him or him rather than the ONE you’ve chosen.

 Good luck, Kim Hye Sung.

-XOXO, Min

 “Are you serious, Min?” I said.

 

“Yep. 101% serious Celine.” Min said smiling.

 

"Well then, good luck too, Kim Hye Sung.”