Chapter Three

Blind ¡Surprise!

   I woke up with a slight discomfort in my lower body, the sheets feeling oddly clingy. As I moved slightly, I could feel my skin grazing the sheets as if I were . I lifted up the thin fabric and looked underneath, revealing my being.

   I closed my eyes tightly as the memories flooded back to me. I remembered the way he held me, touched me, made me feel things I have never felt in my entire life. Things I swore to keep closed until I found the one. But my primal instincts blinded me, leaving me with lust I didn't know I had. If anything, I loved the way I felt the night before- I loved it.

   But did he?

   I turned to see him, but he rustled as his eyes flew open. For a moment he seemed to find everything normal until he laid eyes on me.

   "What are you doing here?" The haziness left his voice middway, sounding sharper as he curiously looked around. "What am I doing here?" He lifted the sheets to see himself, a gasp left his mouth.

   I was a little shocked and confused myself. Wasn't it he who came onto me? Why would he question where he was if he was with me all night, whispering words that we both could never forget? Words I may never hear from another man again...

   "Why aren't you saying anything-" his eyes got wider, "did you invite me here to me?" He accused.

   I sat up, shaking my hands, "No, I didn't-" then I remembered, the half opened soda and the text message Ming Ji sent to me. I quickly grabbed my phone from the night stand and checked my messages.

   'Whatever you do, don't drink the Pepsi. Don't let him either!' and the last, unopened message 'I'm so sorry, Luvina, I messed up. I thought it was going to help you, but I ed up again and I'm so sorry.' My biggest fear came true. She just never learns.

   "Look, I think my friend-" I blinked too many times as I fought back the unwanted tears, "did this. She was the one who brought the drinks, she has a habit of-"

   "Cut the bull," Jonghyun snapped, getting off the bed, "I should have known things were going too fast, but I thought Americans liked going fast. But this, without my consent and slipping in a drug; that's ." He shook his head, as if clearing any hazy edges from his mind. He looked around for his clothes and began to dress.

   I felt anger bubbling, "I didn't do this!"

   He hesitated a moment, staring at me as if he would believe me just a little bit, but he continued to angrily grab his things. "A doctor...could do such a thing?" He muttered, "A child's doctor no less."

   I couldn't wrap things around my head, it was all going so fast. Jonghyun was my perfect ideal type; funny, talkative, handsome, and smart. A part of me wanted to let him go and call this a one night stand, but the other part refused to let the catch go. "Please, believe me," I whispered through a sob.

   I began to hate myself because of the pleading and the tears. I wasn't this person, I was someone who rejected those who weren't worthy of me. I'm at the point in my life where people plea to me, not me to them. What is wrong with me? How can I act this way to someone I met last night?

   He broke my thoughts as he asked, "What do you want from me? Money or fame? My cousin chose a psycho."

   I covered myself tightly as I sat upon my legs beneath me, "I don't want anything," I got up, my anger boiling from the inside out, "I have all the money I could want. I gain so much I wouldn't stoop this low to sleep with you no less, and you ask me if I want money or fame? I have been advertised for my clinic, and we gained more fame than we thought. I don't need your fame."

   That must have ticked him off and kicked him over the edge, for he clearly said "There are evil people in this world with evil intentions. Some dress as angels, while others let themselves be free. You, are the devil in disguise," he walked away and I followed after him, "I'll see you in court for this."

   "Court? No, I have a reputation to keep- I'm a childs' doctor for Christ sake!" I yelled, "I didn't do this!" I stomped my foot.

   He dismissed me, "You should have thought twice before doing what you did," he shuddered. "You'll destroy my image if you blame me first."

   My heart sank a few dozen stories. This man was not at all as I had imagined. If I tried explaining myself, it would sound ridiculous and he would find it all the more logical that I drugged him. If I don't put up a fight, maybe he will realize that I have nothing to hide because I wasn't the culprit. Maybe he will see the truth to my ridiculous truth, so I let him mumble his way out the door with his belongings.

   As soon as he slammed the door behind him, I fell to my knees and cried silently. I refused to let my cries go heard, so I held them in as the cold tiled floor sent chills up my spine.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

   "So he's going to sue you?" An Na shouted, "That left your dog at my house and ran away!" She rubbed her forehead roughly, "My God Luvina, you finally bloomed your rose, but it ends up like this? Did you even like the guy?"

   I was already in panicked tears, and An Na's disbelief and worry made me realize how big of a deal this was. "I did. He was handsome and talkative, I liked the way he filled up the conversation when I kept quiet, or how nice it felt when we were both silent. I don't know An Na, I was caught up in the moment and it felt almost unreal and I loved that, maybe that's why I let him because I was so into my own little world that I didn't realize I was in the real world. I should have known it was too fast, I should have know- I should have known."

   "Don't beat yourself with it! There are people out there who fall in love within minutes of meeting someone, so why can't you as well? Plus, it's natural for a woman your age to react that towards a man who touched you like no one else. This isn't your fault." She sighed, "If it's anyones fault, it's mine. I had a feeling she was up to something when she wanted to stay behind to make sure your night was a little spiced up."

   I let out another sob, hiding my face, "What's done is done. I didn't catch a disease- hopefully- and I'm not pregnant. Those should count as happy things right?" I smiled softly.

   An Na was skeptical, "You don't know that yet, you can't tell if you are until later. But let's hope you aren't, a kid doesn't deserve to be the child of a man who blames a woman for something like that," she tapped her nails on the kitchen table, crossing her right leg over her left, "But what about your job? If they find you guilty, no one would want their child to be seen by you. They'd be afraid. Rumors go fast, and especially since your client is his cousin."

   "I have to beg him. I have to find Ming Ji to prove my innocence." I breathed in deeply, "I actually kind of hoped he would ask for an actual date before this all happened, but Ming Ji ruined it!"

   An Na was staring at Ryu as she tapped her fingers again in realization, "You majored in two things right? What was your other major?"

   "Creative writing," I mumbled.

   "Quit your job and find another at KTVN, or the major ones like GBS and FBS. Find a company that suits your major and work there. If you are charged with...you know, then you wouldn't have to worry about not getting clients. Screenplay writing is just sitting at a desk working with others on a project. They'll give you ugly stares, but at least you'll get paid for it," she smiled encouragingly.

   "I already have a life in caring for children though," I bit my lower lip, sniffling, "If he doesn't agree to end the charges when I don't have Ming Ji, then I'm going to lose my job anyway."

   "Your life is something I have been pitying over since I first met you," she confessed sadly, "If you ever do become a writer, you should write about your life and make it a drama."

   She wasn't helping me at all. She's such a dutz with others feelings, but I know she's doing her best. I love her so much, but damn was she terrible at consoling.

   I decided that when I work on Monday, I would ask baby Jonghyun's mom for Jonghyun's number and call him to beg for innocence. Plus, my life isn't like a dream, so he'll see my sincerity and believe me...right?

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

   On Monday morning I was already at the clinic and attending a two year old girl. "If her temperature continues to raise, I'd suggest going to the hospital. As for now, it'll be a good thing to rest in bed wrapped in blankets with hot soup," I smiled, handing the mother an overview.

   After a few more patients, the hours passed and I was almost on my way out the door when I nearly smacked the door on baby Jonghyun's mother. She didn't even give me a chance to apologize before she pulled me back inside and pointed a finger at me in front of my assistant. "You monster! I set you up on a date with my cousin with confidence and you drug him? Are Latinas all like that? How could you destroy my cousins innocence like this?"

   I took a step back with an eyebrow raised, "Excuse you. Do not bring in my ethinicity in this! I am an individual, I do not speak for the rest of my people! And me, destroy his innocence? I doubt that was his first time considering how he treated me that night." , you let your tongue slip too much you idiot! 

   She scoffed, "He told me he woke up at your house to find himself and disoriented. You drugged him, didn't you?" She demanded, ready to strike me at any given moment.

   I rolled my eyes, tired of the question, "No, I didn't, I swear." Keep your cool. Breathe in and out.

   "Then suppose who did the drugging? And forced him to sleep with you?" She searched my face, looking for an answer I was hiding.

   "I'm a victim too! I wasn't under the influence, but I sure as hell wasn't aware he was sleeping with me because of the effect of a drug."

   She shook her head in disbelief, "We've already called the police," she said high and mighty before leaving the empty clinic.

   My assistant was wide eyed and silent, having observed such a situation would no doubt have left me speechless as well. "Wow, you were awesome!" She exlaimed.

   I eyed her funny.

   "You didn't back down, Miss Luvina, you didn't even leave her much to say. But...what was all that about, if I may ask?"

   "Nothing really, just a really nasty hunch on my back," I told her as I turned to leave and go home.

   At the front of my apartment door, were cops entering and exiting. A scared Jonghyun was telling our story through his eyes. Lies, all lies to seem like I was evil. Such a child!

   He spotted me and pointed, "She's the one! Arrest her!"

   A cop had a soda bottle in his hand, "Did you both drink out of this?" He asked, I shook my head. "We're not sure what's in this bottle, but we'll have tests run on it to find out what it is. Ma'am, you know what will happen if we find the source in your home?" I shook my head again.

   "Tell the truth. You had me drink the soda because you knew what it would do to me. You didn't even drink out of it, that makes you more suspicious!" Jonghyun shouted. "You knew I'd never touch you if I were conscious, so you stooped to the lowest."

   Woop, there it is. The stabbing pain so many fictional characters experience when hurt by their lovers. But this guy wasn't my lover, just a pain my now. "I didn't do it, I already told you."

   "Well, we can't arrest her now since there are no signs of any drug in her home. She doesn't even carry medicine in the cabinets, and we've searched all around the apartment. We can't find a single thing but the soda. We can't arrest her since she made a claim," a cop coming out of my home said.

   I hated taking medicine, and if I ever did, I would throw the bottle out after finishing it. I didn't like the clutter of bottles on shelfs when I could keep more valuable things around.

   "She could have thrown the medicine out," he persisted.

   I was at the peak of my patience. I was accused of drugging him to force him into sleeping with me, and now my neighbors will know I was visited by cops. "Fine, don't believe me." I balled my fists, "You can bring me to court, but I'll prove you wrong," I felt a much unwanted tear streak down my cheek. "If you're done with the search, please leave."

   The cops slowly left with tired expressions, some of them looking frustrated for even having come to a home with no real evidence to Jonghyun's supposed ''. One man commented to another that I cared for his children, so how could I do something like that?

   "Next time you meet a girl," I faced Jonghyun, "let her know you're an before having her like you." I walked into my apartment and shut the door behind me, dropping to the floor along with my career. He didn't say anything, but I hear his light hesitant steps walk away.

   Aqua, who An Na dropped off the other day, came rushing towards me. He had come from the bedroom, shaking in fear as he hid his face under my arm. "Help me, Aqua," I cried.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hi~ how was it?

I know it was super long, I didn't know having it typed would be much longer than what I had written in my notebook.

But I hope it was worth a read.

So please, comment and or subscribe~ (I'd like to know how I'm doing^^)