i. o n e

His Baby

Luhan has been friend with Minseok since junior high school. To say he knows Minseok will be understatement. He ing knows Minseok probably will be more accurate.

He knows how Minseok is the oldest sibling. He knows Minseok watches Disney every weekend. He knows Minseok loves singing. He knows Minseok put up TVXQ's posters at his room and sometimes he will text Luhan at the dawn just because, ", I miss DB5K".

He also knows Minseok prefers bringing lunch box from home rather than eating at the cafeteria. A habit that actually became an opening to let out Minseok's secret on senior high school.

(Except, Minseok just shrugged and said he never tried to hide it.)


 

To put it bluntly, Minseok is a ing scary lion with the appearance of adorable harmless kitty. Luhan took a pity at the boys who thought taking Minseok's lunch box was a good idea. They had been getting on Minseok's nerve since the first day of school, but Luhan knew Minseok had promised to his little brother to not fighting without any reasons.  Now, there was a valid reason for Minseok to defend himself and Luhan sure Minseok wouldn’t miss it at all. He wanted to stop Minseok from going after the boy, but Minseok had always been the faster one. The other boys laughed, expecting a pitiful attempt from Minseok to take the lunch box back. The leader taunted Minseok, swaying the lunch box in front of his nose.

 

Luhan heard,  felt, Minseok gritted his teeth. He sighed and closed his eyes, counting down to ten. He preferred keeping his eyes clean from the image of Minseok lashing out. He wanted to believe Minseok would always be his cute friend forever. No, he didn't do it because he hated blood or something, hahahaha. Nope.

 

There was a scream, no, screams, a lot of scream. Luhan prayed for the poor souls who witnessed Minseok's true self for the first time. They'd probably freak out for a day or two like Luhan had done before.

 

When he opened his eyes, Minseok was walking toward him, clutching his lunch box with one hand with a lazy grin plastered on his face. God, is that blood on Minseok's knuckles?


 

"Luhan, are you there?" brings Luhan back from his nostalgia. He blinks a few times and feels the gentle nudge on his jaw. He closes his slightly opened mouth quickly.

 

("God is real. He gives you pretty face, but your habits make it looks very unattractive. All the time. Habitually, but all the time." Luhan ended up buying a tube of ice cream to heal all the burn he received from Yuri that day.)

 

"Ah, thanks." He thanks the man beside him and shoots him an apologetic smile. When the slightly younger man smiles back, Luhan feels his heart beating so fast. This feels like senior high school all over.

 

Luhan thinks he has already over with his tiny crush.

(Luhan can hear Haekyeon's annoying voice in his head "There's nothing such as 3 years old crush, Luhan. Duh.")

 

"C-o-u-g-h," Minseok spells the word as he stares at Luhan pointedly from across the table. Eyes filled with the promises of broken bones and destroyed nose (and pride). Luhan will run right away if he is a weaker man, but thanks God for his choice of friends who happened to be Satans in Angels disguise, he has years of practice. Years. He can withstand it. He even manages to raise an eyebrow daringly as a response at Minseok.

 

Luhan is busy mentally patting himself in the back when the waiter walks toward their table, flashs a smile to four of them, puts all their order on the tabke and slips a piece of paper oh so smoothly toward Luhan's seatmate.

 

"What the ?" Minseok hisses as the waiter leaves their table, clearly intendted to loud enough to be heard by the waiter.

"Hyung, language." Minseok, surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, since it's his beloved brother who remind him) mutters a half-hearted sorry.

"Phone number?" Yifan finally asks after being silent since their arrival. Junmyeon nods and sighs as he hands the paper to Minseok's stretched palm. The paper mercilessly crumpled and thrown on the floor not a second after.

 

"That's cruel," Yifan comments offhandly as he doodles another chicken on his napkin.

"No, I'm being a kind soul and show that guy he doesn't stand a chance at all on my beloved Junmyeon so he won't waste his time getting his hope high."

Junmyeon just laughs as if Minseok being overprotective isn't the scariest thing in the world. (But then, Junmyeon has Kyungsoo and Jongdae and Yixing as his best friends, so he probably thinks cute humans with serial killers tendency are normal.) Luhan can't keep his eyes of the younger man as he drinks the sight of Junmyeon’s laughing form. The plush and inviting lips, his pale unmarked neck as he throws his head back to laugh at Minseok's pout, his- ! He rubs his foot automatically. Minseok smiles innocently at him, as if he didn’t assault Luhan’s poor feet with that sharp shoes’ sole of his.

"I practically heard your cheesy erted thoughts. ing back off." Minseok warns behind a tight-lipped smile. Luhan sighs. Just another day in trying to pursue Kim Junmyeon. (And facing his own best friend, and also unfortunately Junmyeon’s overprotective older brother, Kim Minseok.)