Letting You Go

Letting You Go

"Nicole." His voice was soft and low, "wake up we're here." JiYong smiled at Nicole who had just now awoken up from her sleep.

"We're back home already?" She asked in a tired tone as she yawned and unbuckle her seat belt.

"Yup." He smiled and did the same. He opened the drivers door and got out. He walked over to the passenger side right as he was about to open the door for Nicole she had already gotten out, "Go in first I'll bring the stuff in."

"It's okay I'll help." Nicole gave him a tired smile and the two grabbed their belonging inside their house.

It had been over 5years already. Nicole had lost all contact with Jaebeom, she had already moved on from the past and was living her life with someone she had grown to love Kwon JiYong. The two had met through SeungYeon. Nicole was now engaged; life was going good...even better it was going great.

JiYong closed the door behind and locked it. He pushed his luggage into his bedroom while Nicole left her things out in the living room, she had fallen asleep on the couch. As JiYong walked out of his bedroom he found Nicole sound asleep and decided to grab her a pillow and a blanket.

He walked over towards her slowly. He watched as she slept silently, he slowly moved her head and placed the pillow underneath her head, then covered her with the blanket. Only Nicole's small breathe was audible. JiYong brushed away Nicoles fallen hair out of her face.

"I know I don't express myself to you much, but I promise you everything will get brighter." he leaned in and kissed her forehead and headed into his room.

"Ah it's me..." his voice was low and cold, "I just got back."

As the sunlight crept through the cracks of the living room window Nicole stood up rubbing her tired eyes. She found herself still in the same outfit she had worn back from her trip with JiYong. She could smell the new fresh coffee coming from the kitchen, she stood up and made her way there.

"Ah you're already awake?" She smiled at him.

"Yeah," He gave her a grin. Nicole turned back around and headed towards her bedroom to get ready for the day ahead.

JiYong finished setting up the table for breakfast just as Nicole came out of her bedroom ready for work. Nicole sat across from him and the two sat eating their meals. They sat in silence which was a bit weird since the two always had something to say...Nicole chewed slowly as JiYong slowly took a sip of his coffee.

"Ah." Both of them said at the same time, "I'm sorry" they both said together again, then there was another silence.

"You go first," Nicole gave him a smile as she covered with her right hand.

"Are you sure?" He question her.

"Yeah,"

"I just got a call last night while you were sleeping..." he was now looking straight at Nicole with a more serious face on, "They said they have to fly me out soon to Japan for an important meeting..."

"When is it?" Nicole put down her fork and was now looking up at him.

"Its..."

"But our wedding..." Nicole interrupted as she felt her heart sinking,

"I know," He stood up and walked over towards Nicole, kneeling beside her holding her hands, "but this offer...this offer is the offer that I've been waiting for, for so long now you know that." Nicole felt her eyes becoming a waterfall, she could feel the tears just bottling in. "We can reschedule the wedding date right?"

"Yeah..." but deep down it stabbed her like a knife, "Yeah, go catch your dream." She give him a bittersweet smile and kissed him on the forehead and grabbed her bag, "I'm heading to work now...I'll see you after work?"

"I'm actually leaving today...at 12..." Nicole grinned her teeth slowly, her face filled with confusion.

"Alright then," she turned around and walked out of the door.

As SeungYeon walked out of her house she found herself face to face with Jaebeom.

"Ah! You're really back." She gave him a bright smile and ran towards him giving him a huge hug.

"I told you, you didn't believe me when I gave you that call last night." He smiled hugging her back.

"Why did you decided to come back after such a long time?" SeungYeon smile asking him, "and what happened to that girl that you know...you..."

"Ah her?" He was now standing next to SeungYeon, "biggest mistake of my life for the last few years." He gave out a long sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"She," He looked at SeungYeon who was staring at him, "I didn't leave for a girl SeungYeon..."

"What?" SeungYeon asked now confused.

"I-"

"SeungYeon-Ah" Nicole's bubbly voice interrupted Jaebeoms, as she walked towards the two she now stop in shock to see Jaebeom next to SeungYeon, "A-a..." she stood frozen her heart thumping faster and faster, "Park J-jaebeom?" Her husky voice asked in confusion. SeungYeon could feel the awkwardness coming in, she quickly left Jaebeom's side and made her way towards Nicole.

"Jaebeom oppa, has permanently come back to live here in Seoul." Nicole fix her gaze and was now looking away from Jaebeom to looking down on her feet.

"Ah I see, I see..." She looked back up towards him and gave him a smile, "welcome back." Nicole gave SeungYeon a smile and headed back towards her car, SeungYeon followed behind.

"Nicole-ah where are you going? Stay for a bit lets catch up." Jaebeom watched as Nicole and SeungYeon were talking, Nicole polity refusing to stay and watched as she got into her car driving off. SeungYeon walked back towards Jaebeom who was watching Nicoles car.

"She didn't want to stay."

"It's okay," he then turned his attention towards SeungYeon, "I understand her..."

As Nicole came to a stop light she received a text from JiYong.

"You really fell for my joke did you silly? I was joking about the meeting you really can't take a joke. You really do want to marry be don't you? I love you I love you I love you, I'll be here when you come home." - JiYong
A smile swept across Nicole's face, she put down her phone and the light turned green she pressed on gas and was off to work.

"So tell me," SeungYeon placed the drinks on her coffee table for her and Jaebeom,"tell me why you really moved?" Jaebeom took a sip of the coffee and stared at SeungYeon putting down his drink.

"The truth is..." Jaebeoms phone ranged and he quickly picked up, "Hello?" He stood up and walked out the door, his face had a worried expression written across, SeungYeon followed behind. SeungYeon saw as he slowly hung up the phone, his eyes were turning red.

"What just happened?"

"It's my mom..."

As night approached Nicole pulled onto her drive way and saw the lights were off. She got out of her car and enter her house. Nothing but a note was left on her bedroom door.

"3 days left and you'll be my bride."

Nicole opened her bedroom door and found herself looking at her room with candles lite everywhere, her wall filled with pictures of JiYong and her for the past 5 years that they had been together. She covered with amazement, on her wall were the sticky notes he had given to her starting from day one, when they were officially together. Her bedroom light and she turned around to find JiYong standing at the door way with a dozen of flowers in his hand. Nicole walked towards him and grabbed the flowers out of his hand, she gave him a small smile, and hugged him tight.

"You make me fall for you over and over again," She pulled herself back from him, then leaned in and the two kissed.

Night had already came, SeungYeon was sitting across from Jaebeom at the hospital as they waited patiently.

"I left because, I had some family problems.." Jaebeom broke the silence first between the two, "the day I left my dad had beaten my mom and...and she called me...she was scared, she was scared that she wasn't going to see me again...that's why I told Nicole I was just leaving for 4years, I was unable to write to her everyday like I had promised...because when I got back to the states, everything wasn't getting better. My mother cried every night, until that time when I came back to visited remember?" He asked SeungYeon, SeungYeon nod her head,"I wanted to tell her what I was going through but, I didn't know how to."

"She thought you found someone new, she said the way you acted towards her there was another women." SeungYeon felt her heart shaking..."but the other women was your mother...she misunderstood you." SeungYeon walked over towards Jaebeom and gave him a hug, she could feel Jaebeom's body shaking up as she heard his soft sobs. "She's getting married in three days," SeungYeon then hugged him tighter, "I'm sorry."

Nicole closed her bedroom door, JiYong had already fallen asleep in his bedroom. She made her way towards her closet and pulled out a box. Nicole sat on her bed and opened the box filled with letters and pictures. She pulled out a picture of her and Jaebeom. She smiled and tears began forming,

JiYong came out of his bedroom silently since he had thought Nicole had fallen asleep, in the hallway the lights were off and he could see Nicole's bedroom light were still on, as he walked over towards her door he heard her talking to herself.

"It's wrong of me to start falling for you again when you left me first...I'm happy with my life," Nicole sniffed her tears up, and a soft sob broke out, "I couldn't wait forever for you..." She then put the picture back into the box and put the box onto her night stand and turned off her lamp and covered herself with her blanket.

JiYong stood next to her door, with his head down. He then slowly walked back into his room and closed the door behind him and sunk onto the floor with his hands over his head.

"We're really sorry." Dr. Kim gave Jaebeom an apologetic expression and handed him the paper, "since we weren't able to contact your father, you're the only person that can sign this. Think about this,"

"Is there really no other way?"

"Her body is relying on that machine, once that machine stop so does she." Jaebeoms tears roar down life a waterfall, SeungYeon eye's redden and tears began to fall.

"You must help her," He sunk down onto the seats with both hands on his head, SeungYeon sat down next to him and took out her phone.

"Hello?" Nicole answered...she hung up her light grabbed her sweater and bag and headed out the front door.

Nicole enter the hospitial and found herself looking at SeungYeon and Jaebeom in the waiting room. Jaebeom looked up and found himself looking at Nicole.

"Nicole..." Jaebeoms voice tremble and Nicole ran towards him and hugged onto him tightly. Jaebeom wrapped his arms tightly around Nicole's small waist, Nicole held back her tears that began to fall slowly one by one.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered as she had hugged onto him tighter, "I'm sorry."

Jaebeom signed the paper, he told SeungYeon and Nicole to head back home. That he wanted to speak to his mother one last time before they stopped the machine. Nicole enter he house around 5 in the morning. The usual time she would get up for work. She closed the door behind her and went straight towards her bedroom, as she walked in she found JiYong sleeping at her desk. She walked towards him and kissed his forehead, she grabbed her blanket and covered him up. She then headed to the bathroom and got ready for work.

After Nicole finished getting ready, JiYong was still fast asleep. She grabbed her bag once again and headed out the doors. She enter her car and sat in there silently giving out a long sigh. She then started the engine of her car and drove off.

Jaebeom woke up in SeungYeon's guestroom. He walked out and got ready for the day, his mothers funeral was to be hold that Saturday. It was Friday, as he got ready and headed towards the kitchen breakfast was already made and SeungYeon was just barely setting down his chopsticks.

"You're up already," she gave him a faint smile.

"Oh,"

"Sit lets eat." The two sat across from each other, and started to eat.

"SeungYeon-ah.." Jaebeom spoke, "is Nicole really getting married?"

"Do you still love her?"

"I never stopped. Do you think it's possible to met her today?"

"Oppa," SeungYeon put down her chopsticks, "what are you thinking of telling her? She's getting married soon, don't give her false emotions anymore." SeungYeon and Jaebeom were now staring into each others eyes, "I'm sorry, but meeting her now will only make Nicole confuse, it took JiYong her fiance like a thousand times to get with her...you know why? Because even after your last visit with her, she never stop waiting...she thought even though you left you'll someday come back, you left for 4 years, and then another 5 years for the past 5 years you never contacted her, now that she's getting married you can't just come back and tell her how much you still love her. I'm sorry oppa but...it's just not right of you."

"You're right, I have no right to take her away or give her false feelings anymore...but still I'll meet her today, can you please just let her know?"

The doorbell rung and SeungYeon stood up to open the door, to her surprise it was Nicole.

"SeungYeon is Jay here?"

"Oh,..." SeungYeon looked back and found Jaebeom behind her already.

"Can you go somewhere with me?" Nicole asked.

The two took off and came to the hill top that watched over Seoul. The both sat in the same place they had the night the ended with each other. Nicole and him sat in silence, as the a few people passed by them. Nicole felt her heart racing fast,

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" He asked.

"I called in," Nicole gave him a bittersweet smile as she looked out at Seoul.

"Long time no see huh and you've gotten prettier." He looked at Nicole who then slowly turned to face him,

"You know I still love you," Nicole then spoke, "but that's not the point anymore." She pulled out an invitation from her bag, "my weddings tomorrow, I hope you can make it." she smiled faintly at him, "you don't have to show up if you don't want too."

"Thank you." He nod his head slowly as he tightly gritted his teeth. "Nicole." She looked at him,

"What?"

"Never mind..." The two spent the day sitting on the hilltop, as night came Nicole dropped him back at SeungYeon's place, they both said goodbye and with that Nicole headed back home. Jaebeom watched as her car disappear into the distance.

The morning arose and Nicole and everyone was at her house helping her get ready, JiYong with Nicole's father and others were already at the church setting things up.

"Oh you're such a beautiful bride." everyone kept repeating to Nicole, "why aren't you smiling at all? You don't look to happy today? Whats wrong? Are you okay?"

Jaebeom and SeungYeon had awoken earlier in the morning to go to Jaebeom's mothers burial, since Jaebeom wasn't able to afford a proper burial with the little money he had, his mother burial was planned to be buried at 5 in the morning to 7. SeungYeon and Jaebeom said goodbye and watched as they buried his mothers coffin.

As they got to the car, SeungYeon hugged him and the two drove off.

"Are you gonna go with me to Nicole's wedding?" SeungYeon asked from the drivers seat.

"I don't think I should, I can't bare to lose two of the most important woman's in my life in one day." He stared out at the beautiful day. "SeungYeon it's funny how the weather is beautiful yet I fell like a tsunami just hit my heart."

"Jae.."

"Her brightly smiling face, my heart hurts even more. I have so much to say but I bury them inside my heart, because...because I have to let her go. When we both kiss, when we first met...those are the things making me hold onto her, I tried to fight it off, I tried pushing her away but I can't, I love her that's why...because I know she has my heart, because she won't give it back..." Jaebeom's voice began to falter, "I can't stand seeing her walking down that aisle in that wedding dress, saying she'll stay with another man for the rest of her life, because that man isn't me, because that man should be me."

SeungYeon dropped Jaebeom back at her house, and headed towards the church. Jaebeom closed the door behind him and sunk down onto the floor, his sobs were now audible.

Everybody was at the church waiting, Nicole enter the aisle with her father beside her, everyone stood up and she could see JiYong in the front, he had on a faint smile as she stared into his eyes. Nicole's father kissed her on the forehead and went handed her hands into JiYongs.

"We are gather today."

Nicole smiled at JiYong then turned her head towards the crowd searching for Jaebeom only to find SeungYeon by herself.

"Do you Kwong JiYong take Nicole as your wife?" There was silence,

"I would like you take ask Nicole first." JiYong replied, "I would like to hear Nicole's answer first, if we may."

Nicole then turned to look at JiYong surprised, he smiled at her and leaned towards her ears.

"Go," his voice low and sad, "I'm not the one you'll spend the rest of your life with, I'm not the one you truly love and can't fall asleep without. I understand." He leaned away from Nicole who stood shock.

"Lets stop here, lets not meet again...I'm tired now." Jaebeom said to himself as he picked himself up from the floor.

"I'm sorry," Tears ran down Nicole's face and she ran down the aisle and everybody started to chat away, JiYong watched Nicole run down that aisle and out the door. As Nicole reached outside she heard SeungYeon running behind her,

"Nicole!" SeungYeon now caught up to her, "what are you doing?!"

"Take me to Jaebeom," Nicole plead and SeungYeon grabbed her hands and the two ran towards SeungYeon's car.

Jaebeom left a note on SeungYeon's front door with his bag in one hand, he was still in his suit. He walked over towards the cab he had called and got in. As the cab drove off Nicole and SeungYeon got to SeungYeon's place. Nicole got out of the car and found the note on SeungYeon's door.

"Thank you for all you've done for me SeungYeon, tell Nicole I wish the best for you. I'm heading back to the state." - Jaebeom

"The airport," Nicole turned around, "SeungYeon the airport." The two rushed towards the airport.

Jaebeom sat waiting,

"Flight to Washington, Seattle will be leaving in ten minutes." Jaebeom looked at his ticket as he stood up he found himself face to face with Nicole who was in her wedding dress, panting for air.

"Park Jaebeom." Nicole's eyes started to tear up,"When I wake up alone, I remember you...when I see someone like you it makes me miss you more. I'll hate to let you go, I'll keep regretting losing over and over again...that's what my heart says." Nicole wiped away her tears, "So what is going to be this time around, because waiting for you is all I've ever known..." Jaebeom walked over and kissed Nicole. Then he stared into her eyes.

"This time around, make me your man and you as my girl, let's live like that forever."