❤wishing_on_a_star ; Like You

❤ Lovely You Review Shop ❤ [❥ 6 MORE SPOTS BEFORE BATCH 1 ENDS; ft. Jessica]

 

wishing_on_a_star ; Like you

title (3/5): I understand that there is a quote to the title: "It's just like you to make me feel this way," but then again, it doesn't make any sense. Your title is okay, but I think you can improve your title. It doesn't connect to the story in a way. I think that maybe, "I Like You," is a little bit better than just, "Like You."

Description and foreword (5/10): Your foreword doesn't give much detail besides telling the reader that the main character is JB and that this is a GOT7 one-shot. But I understand that sometimes the author just wants to have just a space where they can give credit to some of the review or poster shops. The description says nothing else besides the quote, so I really can't give you much points unfortunately because the description and foreword are very vague on what the story is about. I think you can make the description or foreword more interesting by adding something from your one-shot, like maybe how JB felt when he fell in love with her, or when he regretted that he didn't confess his feelings earlier for her. 

Characters (12/20): I know that this is a one-shot and all, and that the characters are not really described by the authors in one-shots, but I didn't really get to know something special about the characters. I didn't even really know who the main characters were. Obviously, one of them was JB, but your OC didn't appear enough in the story I would say since you put her as a main character. Otherwise the fact that JB is disappointed that he didn't confess sooner to the OC and his aching heart that is feeling all of these different emotions is quite captivating to read and see. Junior (Jinyoung) and Youngjae are somewhat minor characters, but I would've favored more action from them.

Plot (10/20): I've seen this plot in many fanfics I've read before. There was a male or a female and they liked someone, but their friend liked the same person and in order to keep their friendship, s/he kept their love a secret. But I liked the fact that there was Jinyoung involved, but he didn't know that JB had liked Youngjae's girlfriend. Usually there is also a friend involved, but the know about it, so I liked the fact that you kind of changed that part of the plot a little. I wish that JB and the OC had interacted with each other a little bit more. Again, I know that this is a one-shot, but you only had one time when they talked to each other. I also would've enjoyed if JB also talked to Jinyoung and Youngjae more times in the story. To be honest, I think JB should've confessed his love to the OC right in front of Youngjae as that would've raised the of the story, but JB decided that he would forget about the girl, for his and Youngjae's friendship. I would've liked a fight, but either way, I think that you ended the story correctly, and when JB wanted to completely forget about the girl.

flow (14/15): I think that the flow is really good with your story. It goes smoothy, and there's no random scenes or events just put somewhere in there just for it to happen. I think sometimes the scenes would end quickly, but overall with the flow, I think you did great!

Grammar and choice of words (19/20): Your choice of words was alright. There wasn't really any special ones that grabbed my attention, but I liked the fact that you didn't really repeat any words over and over again...one of my pet peeves while reading fanfiction because then, the reader would get bored and drift away from the story. Although, in the story I noticed that when the characters talked, you put a comma instead of a period. Originial: "I just don't feel like going to class today," should be "I just didn't feel like going to class today," JB groaned, or something. There's a random comma on most of the sentences of yours. Or, it could be. "I just don't feel like going to class today." There should be a period or a verb indicating what the character did. Otherwise, I think that your grammar and choice of words were fantastic :)

overall Enjoyment (10/10): I really enjoyed this story! I really hope to read more GOT7 one-shots/fanfics from you, or even fanfics in general. I think you did a great job with writing this story, and that I certainly did overall enjoy it. I really liked the idea, characters, and plot.

Additional Comments from the Reviewer

Username:wishing_on_a_star
Reviewed By: xx_wonderfulkpop_xx
Reviewed on: 10/14/14
Total Score: 73
Comments and Thoughts: I thought that your story was really good, and that if there was perhaps a sequel, I would read it! Please remember to credit this shop!

Author: wishing_on_a_star
Characters: JB (GOT7), OC
Genre: Romance
summary: JB is in love with his best friend's girlfriend.
Type: One-Shot
Status: Complete

“It's just like you to make me feel this way.”