MIRACLES IN DECEMBER

TWO LOVE SONG STORY

INTRO

 

Ha Na is now in a relationship with Min Ki. She did accept him but still she don't love him. To think about this back,Ryu has gone and she never heard anything about him as he has move away,already a year.

 

Meanwhile,all this time,Min Ki has been a good counselor , listener, teacher,friend and even a boyfriend but Ha Na couldn't admit this as she still thinking of Ryu.

 

What a great guy Min Ki is ,he knows that Ha Na never think of him as a boyfriend,just an ordinary friend,but he never step aback. He always there for her,even for a simple thing. He cares so much about Ha Na. But he never care about how terrible the hurt that he is facing all this while,alone. He listen to whatever Ha Na want to say when no one is listening to his deep cry of unspoken hurt.

 

Yet,Ha Na couldn't lie that she always have a great time and keep smiling when she spent her time with Min Ki. Sometime,she even forget thinking about Ryu for a while. Min Ki got weird ideas to cheer her up. Everybody says that they are so sweet couple as they don't know what the real story lies behind.

 

But,no one can change someone's heart in a mean time. Sorry Min Ki,her heart is still his.

 

PRESENCE

 

Ha Na get out from her house in this cold December breeze,rushing making her way to Min ki's house. She need to know the answer. What this letter is mean about and who sent this to her.

 

Ha Na knocks the door a few times. Just in a minute,someone open the door,Min ki's eomma. She seems understand very well about this couple when she spontaneously call her son.

 

She and Min Ki sit at the house garden. Without any introduction,she ask him.

 

"Min Ki, do you have anything to do with this letter?"she shows him the letter she received.

 

"You have it too?"

 

"Why? You also receive this?"

 

"Yeah,this morning.",

 

"What actually this means?"

 

"I don't know. I keep thinking about this but find no answer. Do someone try to prank us? We didn't seen Ryu for a year already and why this suddenly happen?",Ha na remained silent. She also thinking of the same thing. Min Ki look at Ha Na,he sigh.

 

"Ha Na,I know what you might be thinking now...we going to look for him",

 

**********

 

They both try to find Ryu through any information they can have. School,friends and even neighbors. Until one time they finally get Ryu's latest address. That day Ha Na was alone because Min Ki couldn't come along for having some extra class. So he ask Ha Na to go and  find Ryu first.

 

Ha Na walks slowly through the neighborhood. She's trying to find the right one from one house to another. It has been more than an hour she keep wandering around there. She is taking some rest at the nearest playground.

 

Sitting there and thinking about how to find Ryu. Should I just wait for Min Ki?.

 

It such a boredom if she just remain sitting there,so she start walking away. Ha Na is passing by the monkey bar when suddenly she saw someone is sitting at a bench under a tree is reading a book.

 

"Maybe I should ask this guy for help. He might know this address.",Ha Na quickly make her way towards the guy while that guy still didn't notice her existence.

 

"Excuse me,can you help me on something?",she asks. That guy lifts his head.Ha Na stand dumbfounded.

 

"Ryu?",

 

"Sorry,you've mistaken",he starts to make his way away,rushing. Ha Na runs after him and manage to stop Ryu from walking away by blocking him.

 

"What Ha Na?!",

 

"You ask me what? Do you know all this while Min Ki and I keep looking for you,and now you asking me what?",

 

"Then,don't look for me! There's nothing between us anymore! You're happy now with Min Ki and there is no any single reason for you both to look for me!! So,just get out of my life!!!", Ha Na couldn't tell what the thing that he so mad about them looking for him.

 

"No Ryu..we do have reason why we are looking for you",

 

"What reason?",

 

"What is this letter means about?", Ha Na take the letter from her bag and showed him.

 

He examined the letter,quietly. His face expression shows that he's confused.

 

"Where did you got this?",

 

"Someone send it to me and Min Ki..is it true?",

 

"Haha...of course no...there's nothing true about this stupid letter.",

 

"Then for what this person send this to us? For fun?",

 

"I don't know and I don't care! Now,just get out of my sight!",Ryu is making his way away.

 

"Ryu,are you still going getting away from me? ",

 

He stops. Without looking back,he says."if yes then why?",

 

"Why do you hate me so much? Do you know that I still love you?",

 

"It's none of my business", then he go.

 

Oh my..what have I done? How if Min Ki is here? How if he knows that I said that to Ryu? He gonna be so hurt. I'm sorry Min Ki,I shouldn't do this but I also can't lie to myself.

 

**********

 The next day,Min Ki and Ha Na went to meet Ryu together face to face. Anyhow,the same thing is happening. He still didn't admit anything about the letter.

 

"Ryu,just don't lie about this.",Min Ki says.

 

"Comon dude..I'm speaking the truth! I didn't lie about this stupid letter!",

 

"Ryu,I know you so well...",

 

It is a chaotic situation at Ryu's lawn now. A battle between Ryu and Min Ki,the two bestfriend. Ha Na is there watching the drama.

 

"Stop this Min Ki!! There's nothing true about that letter! I was fine all this while until you two are here!!",again,what the thing that he so mad about? 

 

Ryu walking away to his house front door,leaving Min Ki and Ha Na at the lawn.

 

"See..I told you. He said its not true..and what the thing that he so mad about?...",Ha Na said.

 

"I know he's lying..don't worry,I'll make him say the truth...okay? Or should I beat him for being so mad on you yesterday?",Min Ki trying to comfort her but then start to messing around with Ha Na by rubbing her hair.

 

"It's you who going to get beaten for this.",Min Ki laugh when Ha Na said that. It might be scary for the other but funny for him.

 

Min Ki turn and look at the front door. Ha Na see Min Ki's shock expression. Before she could ask what's wrong..

 

"Ryu!",Min Ki runs towards Ryu who suddenly faint in front the door. Min ki hold him and quickly ask Ha Na to call the ambulance.

 

**********

 

They are waiting outside when the doctor inform that they can go inside to see Ryu. Min Ki got something personal to talk about with Ryu so he said.

 

"Ha Na,I will go in and see him first okay?", Ha Na nodded. Min Ki goes in while Ha Na is waiting outside.Few minutes later,Min Ki comes out. He told everything to Ha Na before Ha Na go in. Min Ki couldn't help himself seeing Ha Na crying when he told her about Ryu.

 

**********

 

Ha Na get inside the room,still crying. She saw Ryu is lying on the bed looking at her.

 

"You idiot!!! What did you think you're doing?!",she cry even louder.

 

"See...that's why I don't want to tell you. I know you will turn out like this...",his voice is barely heard.

 

"Why did you do this Ryu? Do you know how hard it is for me?",

 

"It's hard for me too. But I can't think of any other way to avoid you from knowing this..and I'm fine seeing you happy with Min Ki.", she speechless,don't know what to say but that day Min Ki has go back home earlier and letting Ha Na spending her time with Ryu that evening before he come and fetch her.

 

**********

 

"Ha Na,its okay...there's nothing to do with me if you want to take care of him. It's fine. I'm okay with it and I know you still love him even you never said it..just go okay?",

 

Ha Na don't know what to say when Min Ki answer her question but she know he don't mind. Since then Ha Na is taking care over Ryu and also since then,she rarely meet with Min Ki.

 

They just meet when Min Ki come to visit Ryu sometimes. But just a short conversation with him. She feel something strange all that time. Something is not right with her. Something different like something has lost.

 

And she did sometime miss him somehow.

And this has turn out like that almost a month.

 

**********

 

Ryu's condition suddenly turns worse one day. Ryu was about to talk something with her when he suddenly cough so bad and before the doctor rush to look over his. condition,the only word she can hear from him is Min Ki.

 

She know she need to inform Min Ki about this. She quickly look for her phone. She was looking for her phone and unfortunately pushed a vase cause it to fell down and break into pieces.

 

"Oh my God! What is wrong with me? Why I feel like something bad is happening?",

 

Ha Na calls Min Ki. No one answered. Again she try. No answer. She try for the third time. Waiting...

 

She hears a ringtone. It's Min ki's ringtone. She look for it. Min Ki must be near here somewhere. Near the ICU pathway,doctor and nurses are in hurry bringing a patient to the emergency room. The phone drop off from Ha Na's hand-the ringtone is from there.

 

Ha Na runs towards the patient. She went weak on her knees once she saw the patient who lying on the stretcher-its Min Ki!

 

**********

 

Ha Na keeps crying outside the emergency room while waiting for any news of Min Ki. Almost one hour and a half,the doctor comes out. Informing that Min ki's condition is critical from the accident and asking her to contact his family.

 

She can't stop crying when she saw him lying on the bed with wires and bandage all over his body. She can see bruises and wound on his face. She sit by his side. Staring at him.

 

Ha Na saw his phone on the desk beside. She on the phone.

 

~3 missed calls from Ha Na

 

She open the notes file. Just a note. This sentence makes her feel so guilty on him.

 

What have I done to him? The note says

 

~stopping someone I love from finding happiness,I am horrible. Chang Ha Na,I love you.~

 

**********

 

Ha Na still not stop from crying . She can't stop. Ryu gave Min Ki a visit that night when his condition is fine a bit. Ha Na wipe her tears away when Ryu get out from Min Ki's room.

 

They both take a sit at the hospital area. Getting some fresh air. After a few moment remain in silent,Ryu finally start the conversation.

 

"Why are you still crying Ha Na?",

 

"I don't know. It just went like that",

 

"I do know why",

 

"What?",

 

"You love him. You can't watch him like that. You are worry about him.",

 

"No,he's my friend. No friend in this world didn't care about their own friend. ",

 

"Ha Na,you might not realize this. But actually you love him not me. One day,you will realize this,believe me.",

 

Ha Na just remain in silent.

 

"Look Ha Na,I do love you,before and even now. But Min Ki love you more than I do,I might be saying that but I can't deny that I love Min Ki more than I love you. He's with me through hard and easy time since we are kid. He's my bestfriend now until hereafter.

 

 Ha Na,do you realize that we have hurt him so much all this while. Do you think he really means he's fine when he let you taking care of me,do you think he never feel hurt realizing that you still think that you love me not him.

 

  But Ha Na,he never said a word because he really love you. It's fine for him to hurt as long as you are happy. It's enough for him. I've done so much wrong to him. I took the one he love.

 

 Listen to me Ha Na,my love to you and his love to you are not same. His is the true one,he's the right guy for you. I will do anything for Min Ki even I have to sacrifice myself,he's my bestfriend and I want him to be happy. No matter what",

 

**********

 

Ha Na and Ryu suddenly heard a shocking new that Min ki's condition suddenly went wrong. He's bring to the emergency room once again.

 

The doctor discover that due to the impact from the accident has cause an injury on his heart. There's no other ways left,he need a donation from someone or else he won't make it any longer. He might just can hold it for another few days. But also the operation won't promise anything it's just 60% to 40% to make it.

 

They are speechless. Nothing they can say. Just praying,hoping and waiting.

 

**********

 

Ha Na don't know what's happening but the next day, Ryu was brought to the operation room when his heartbeat suddenly turns weak. Ryu was senseless when Ha Na met him that morning.

 

She wait outside the operation room. Hoping everything is fine. She suddenly remember what Ryu told her yesterday. Is it really happening?

 

She's nervous. Worry about Ryu and also Min Ki. Both are in a serious condition. Just about half an hour later,her surrounding turns quiet before she heard the doctor said to the nurse right after coming out from the operation room, "we can  undergo an operation to the patient now",

 

Hearing those words make her turns weak on the knees. Ryu is gone...what should I say to Min Ki? How can I explain this to him?

 

The nurses get inside Min ki's room and bring him on the stretcher to the operation room.

 

From one operation room,she turn to another. All along she wait outside Min ki's operation room,she can't stop her tears from rolling down her cheeks. Ryu is gone and is Min Ki also going to leave me too?

 

She sneak a look a bit through the glass window that slightly covered with curtain, the situation looks chaotic. 

 

The nurses are running all over,bringing blood stocks,operation equipment and others. Thats the only thing she can see from there,she have no sign how is Min ki's condition is now.

 

Realizing that the operation just about 60% to 40% for success,she start feeling scared. How if they won't make it? No....how if Min Ki won't make it?

 

Oh please don't. Please don't say it will happen. It can't happen. Please...   

 

She can just hope miracle to happen.

 

The tears rolling down her cheeks. Showing no sign to stop. The tears for Min Ki. The tears of hope.

 

Right that moment,she realize how she really scared now that Min Ki will leave her. She start missing him to be around. She miss his care. She miss his jokes. She miss his appearance and she miss his love.

 

Now she realize, she love him. Loving him cause her to feel scared to loose him. Ryu is right. I love him.

 

Please save him. Don't take him from me. I have done so much wrong. I'm sorry Min Ki. I'm sorry for hurting you all this time when you always there for me. I'm sorry for leaving you behind. I'm sorry for not realizing the hurt you face.I'm sorry min Ki,I'm sorry.

 

Min Ki,please be strong. Don't leave me alone. Please fight back. Please come back to me. Please Min Ki......I love you...I can't loose you. Give me a chance to say this. Please....miracles...please happen! Please save him!

 

**********

 

The operation took more than eight hours. Ha Na didn't take even a step away from there. Min Ki need her. She have to keep stay with him.

 

Eight hours later the doctor come out from the operation room. Ha Na quickly rush towards the doctor. She look at him,asking for an answer. He look at her back,give a sigh.

 

"The operation went well. He's save. We will bring him to another room. Then you can give him a visit.",

 

Tears and sigh of grateful and happiness appear. Don't know how many times she saying thank you. It's such a miracle to hear that the operation succeed. The miracle have happen.

 

**********

 

She sit by his side. Waiting for him to wake up from his long sleep. Ha Na just keep thinking what question Min Ki might ask when he wake up. 

 

 Her mind was wandering away,suddenly she sense that Min ki's hand move. She push the emergency button to call the doctor.

 

"Ha....Na......",he call her name with a very low tired voice when the doctor is not around. He look at her.   

 

"Hi Min Ki...you are awake. Tired?",   she smile to him.

 

Min Ki nodded. "Ryu....where..is...he?...", he ask,just like how Ha Na had thought. She stay quiet. Thinking what should she answer him.

 

"Ha Na, where..is..Ryu?",

 

"Min Ki.......Ryu...",

 

**********

 

"Ha Na,if I gone and didn't make it to meet Min Ki first,could you please tell him that I'm sorry if I ever hurt him. Let him know that as a bestfriend,I love him so much more than anyone.",one day,Ryu suddenly talk about something like that. They still thinking about Min Ki. They need to help him.

 

"What are you talking about? Stop it. I don't like it.",she hate it when Ryu talk about something like this.

 

"I'm speaking of the truth Ha Na. I won't live long,no matter what. It has been said to be this way. I don't mind.

If I gone,I want Min Ki to have my heart. I don't think we can find someone to donate for him in this short time. But this is better,through this,we can always stay close to each other. Our beat will be one.

 

Ha Na,please tell him okay. And I love you Ha Na,now until forever. You are my bestfriend. Please take care of Min Ki. He don't know how to share his problems with someone. Look after him.

 

And before I forget,can u give this watch to him? As a last present from me,who knows right? I will haunt his life if he ever hurt you. To you two,thanks for bringing this miracle to me...having to meet you two again is a miracle in my last December",he laugh saying that while taking off his watch.

 

It might be funny to him but not to Ha Na. It's not funny at all. No.

 

And yes...that is the night before she found Ryu senseless next day.

 

**********

 

That's what she tell to Min Ki. She hand him the watch. Min Ki stay quiet. He hold the watch tightly while the other hand holding onto his chest.

 

He's crying. For the first time she saw him that way. Ha Na hold herself from crying. 

 

If it  tough for me,it is even tougher for him. So,I need to stay strong for him. He need strength now. I should always be by his side.

 

**********

 

"Stop when you feel tired okay?... Are you listening to me Min Ki?!",Ha Na's voice even louder.

 

Min Ki slurp his drink. He smile.

"Yes ma'am,I heard you....I wil stop if I feel tired. Don't worry. Better

It's a miracle from the God who let this miracle to appear. Last December,filled with thousands of memories which had thought her lots of things.

 

She won't forget the moment..

The moments of the...

 

MIRACLES IN DECEMBER

 

to loose this race than having whole day hearing your mumble. I'm going...I'll win this for you Ha Na!!",

 

He run towards the track as the race will start in another few minutes.

 

All participants getting ready at the track. Including Min Ki.

 

1..2..3..

 

RACE START!!!

 

Ha Na is watching. Min Ki is putting all out in this race. Soon he manage to make it...and....yes!!! He won!!!!!

 

Everybody rushing towards him. Greeting for his success. Ha Na watch him in a distance. He saw her,waving his hand.

 

"I told you Ha Na..I will win for you...and also for you Ryu!!!!!",

 

She smiled. It's a miracle how Min Ki make it to recover from the operation. It's a miracle to have him back. He was down after Ryu's death but then he rise back fighting over the gloom of loosing his bestfriend.

~THE END~