In A Heartbeat

In A Heartbeat

IN a Heartbeat •



 She feels nervous every time she wants to go home from school. She’s at the bus stop near her school, that’s where she always takes her bus 102 to go home. As soon as her last lesson ends, she packed her stuff and straight away head back home. She was so passionate in going back home early, her parents were proud of her, gave her a reward by adding an extra $5 in her daily school wage. She knew that lazing around after school is not an encouraging habit to implement, but that was just one of her reasons to why she likes to go home early.

Just that… she likes to go home early.

Not that she does not have friends, she have some decent friends to hang out together. She wasn’t that popular, she’s just known to people who knew her. Her family isn’t rich; they are ranked middle class family, but a bit higher cause her dad kind of have a better salary than others. It’s just that, she likes going home. Responsible, I suppose.

But, that isn’t seemed to be the case.

She was nervous but at the same time, she was excited too. She stood at the bus stop, looking left and right without moving her body but kept tilting her head a bit every few seconds. She was nervous, nervous of what?

 

Him.

 

 Yes, him. Soon as she sees him coming to the bus stop, she would keep fiddling her fingers for no reason. Sometimes, she would ask herself, whether she likes him, or not. But she kept denying that she likes him. She shook her head, telling that – she just throws away her thoughts. Sometimes she wants him to notice her but at the same time, she doesn’t. She hated the fact that she had to have an indecisive feeling, emotions and can’t make up her mind any soon. She sighed at the fact.

To her, he seems to be perfect. But she can’t just go to him and say ‘I like you’ – wait, does she even like him. Oh yes, she denied it. Even so, saying that to him, of course would make him speechless, or even see you as a crazy girl. That plan has got to go. Her feelings were mixed up; she was frustrated with her life. She has to get her emotions together and conclude whether she likes him or not.

What made him look so perfect? She likes it. She likes every inch of his face, his eyes that is wide, and his lips that is so plump and moist, and every time he smiles, his lips would make a heart-shaped. Oh, how she melted every time that happens. But the most important thing, to her, he has a prefect voice. Other students in her school would either say Byun Baekhyun is the best singer or Kim Jong Dae is the best singer in her school, but she prefers him than them. And obviously they three and some other guys are best friends.

By now, you should know who I am talking about.

Yes, it’s Do Kyungsoo. His name is already cute to start on. He has the most natural cute looking face. Those three would always perform together whenever there is a school event. Most of the time. She always attends school events just to see him perform. She loves his angelic voice that would come inside her ears, and would probably sing along to the song. He really puts in some soul into his voice every time he sings, that is what she loves it.

So, whenever she sees his at the bus stop, she will feel nervous and her face kind of felt hot. She didn’t know why her heart was thumping hard inside. Now that she thinks about it, maybe she likes him. Oh no, thanks to her indecisive mind, she won’t get to know her real feelings. But that’s not all. He also takes up the same bus and alights at the same stop because they are living at the same area.

She wonders if he ever notices her.

Until one day,

He was lining up to board the bus, including her, and she was right behind him. She couldn’t look at him in the eye cause of her shyness, so the only time she gets to see him is when she wants to board the bus. Her eyes stared at his hair, to her, it’s better than an eye to eye. Oh, she doesn’t want to have an eye to eye. She thinks that she might blush weirdly if she ever sees him into his eyes. Unfortunately, a group of guys pushed her when she about to board the bus. They cut queue and stormed into the bus. When she was pushed, she hit Kyungsoo who was in front of her.

He was shocked, of course. He turned around and looked behind.

“Are you okay?” That was what he said.

Danger, she thought. She was blushing hard. She can’t let him see her face.

“Those guys, seriously!” he said. “Hey are you okay?” he asked again. This time, he tried to look at her face.

“S-so sorry.” She said and boards the bus first.

She stood at one corner of the bus and Kyungsoo boarded the bus after that. He walked past her, but gives her some soft glances before standing a bit far from her. Kyungsoo kept glancing at her sometimes at her in the bus while she kept looking away from him.

Calm down she thought.

The bus came to a sudden halt and she lost her balance. Luckily, Kyungsoo caught her before she gets to fall. Once again when she opened her eyes, she blushed again and hid her face with her hair. She quickly alight the bus because it was her stop. I mean – their stop. She tapped her card and went out from the bus. She brisk walked but –

“Park Ji Ah sshi!” her name was called. She knew who called her, she stopped her tracks, her eyes widen.

He knew her name.

She didn’t turn around; she heard his footsteps that were coming towards her. She bit her lip in nervousness. She turned around unwillingly; she had to cause it is rude to talk to someone facing their back, her parents thought her well. But still her face is covered with her hair.

“Look at me already.” He said.

She again, unwillingly lifted her head up, hoping that her pink cheeks that cause from blushing isn’t visible anymore. She looked at him in the eye, oh damn. This is so wrong. He stared at her for a while before speaking.

“You’re acting like that makes it more obvious.” He said.

Obvious? What is obvious?

“W-what is obvious?” she spoke softly, there was a tremble in her voice.

“Well…” Kyungsoo said. “… This is not what I said, but my friends said it… that you liked me?”

HOLY SHEIT.

“N-no! It’s a misunderstanding.” She abruptly spoke up. “I’m sorry, I have to go.”

“Wait.” He said.

Well she doesn’t know why but every time he says something, she had to stop. Because her heart stopped too.

“I know you’re denying it, Park Ji Ah sshi.” He took a deep breath. “I actually like you too.”

Her emotions were very happily jumping she felt that her insides were going to pop out. Her heart was rapidly beating fast when she heard the confession, slowly a smile formed on her lips. She felt like heaven today even though it was like hell earlier on. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to contain her burst of happiness and adrenaline that was going through her body. She bit her lips.

She didn’t say anything.

“I say that as a yes?” he asked.

She slowly nods her head, but filled with embarrassment.  How could they know her secret? Was I that obvious?

He smiled widely after seeing a nod from her, sending him filled with happiness to. He blushed for a moment and bit his lips. He was a shy person too, he played with his feet. Actually he also had mixed feelings about what he felt towards her, but today he resolves it all. He likes her.

She resolves her feelings too. She likes him too.

 

 



Yay! How's my one shot story?