End of a tough day

Tributes

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A DEATH WISH?!"

Xiumin ripped a chunk out of the pork ribs with his teeth, trying hard not to hear nor care about the words shouted by his mentor, but it was clear that the chopsticks in his hands were about to snap under the pressure of the death grip in which Xiumin held them in. His knuckles had turned white from the strong hold. Sohee sat opposite him quietly and obediently like a puppy accepting its master's wrath, and Xiumin was sure that she was willing to stay in this statue-like silent state, but Xiumin could feel his patience breaking with Lee Soo Man's every shout.

"I DIDN'T BRING YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE CAPITOL TO CAUSE TROUBLE! HE IS A CAREER TRIBUTE WHO COULD HAVE AND PROBABLY WILL KILL YOU WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT! YOU HAVE LITERALLY JUST SIGNED YOUR DEATH WARRANT XIUMIN! XIUMIN, ARE YOU LISTENING?! YAH! I DIDN'T BRING YOU HERE TO STUFF YOUR FACE WITH FOOD, YOU-"

"BAM!"

The clattering of two shattered chopstick halves falling to the ground combined with the scraping of a chair against the wooden floor boards seemed absurdly loud compared to the pregnant silence that ,afterwards, cloaked the room. 

Nobody moved and nothing was said. Only the harsh sounds of laboured breathing filled the tiny cabin as its occupants stared at each other in shock, fright and anger. Xiumin, slightly panting and cheeks flushed with anger, stood facing a wide-eyed Lee Soo Man, mouth still open from his previous shouting. If he hadn't been seeing red, Xiumin would've found the sight funny as Lee Soo Man resembled a fish out of water. However, the indignation and hatred from this afternoon was once again incited by the reprimanding words of the mentor, reminding Xiumin of atrocity of a certain career tribute, Luhan. Sohee, scanned between the two man with frightened eyes. Xiumin refused to be bullied again, especially by a man, former victor of these disgusting games, who thought he knew what he was feeling, what was best for him, and simply constantly telling him what to do, how to act all the while pointing out his flaws and criticising his every action. No, Xiumin simply could not find it in himself to tolerate another round of criticism and anger after the confrontation with Luhan this afternoon. Turning on his heels, the chubby cheeked man walked out of the room without a word. Silently on his way to his room, Xiumin mentally prepared himself for the next day when his destiny was going to be sealed at the opening ceremony of the games followed by the dreaded interviews.