Training (Part 2)

Tributes

A large group of tributes were already standing at the first station when Xiumin arrived. He found Sohee towards the back of the group and took his place next to her as she was the only tribute that didn't look like they wanted to rip out his throat. He was especially aware of the Career tributes at the front now eyeing and sneering at him, like a pack of wolf would at a piece of meat. Amongst them, a blonde guy from District One spins around and faces Xiumin. With big doe eyes and a button nose, he certainly didn't strike Xiumin as the aggressive type, but looks can be deceiving. The blonde turns up his nose disdainfully and returns his focus back to his group of Career friends.

'God, why did I have to start with the knife throwing station.' Xiumin realises his mistake too late as the tributes begin to throw the weapons with deadly accuracy towards the target, now riddled with knife holes. Now as he looks across the room, he realises all the District 10 and 11 tributes, the ones who had absolutely no combat skill like him, were situated at a station practicing a less.....violent skill. Xiumin faces Sohee who was looking pallidly pale, undoubtedly as worried and regretful as he was.

"Hey Sohee, do you wanna go to another station? Let's go to the knot-tying station, okay."

Sohee nodded eagerly at his suggestion and proceeded towards the other side of the room. Xiumin turned sharply to follow her, but on the way he accidently bumped shoulders with another person. He said a quick "Sorry" and continued to follow Sohee before a hand violently grabbed his arm.

"Ya! What are you doing, Twelve?!" 

Xiumin turned around to face the blonde tribute from District one. Sure, he appeared baby-faced and handsome, but the guy is a Career tribute who was poised to win it all. No one dared to challenge him. 

"You think you can just push me anytime?! Huh? Answer me, bun head! Are you deaf as well as stupid?"

Xiumin bit his lips as he bowed his head. "No, Sorry." Came the timid reply. He wasn't looking for trouble for he had enough to worry about already with the Games looming over him, so ominous. 

"Good. Now you better run off to your little friend and enjoy what little hours of life you have left. Because once we're in the arena, you won't last A SECOND. You know why? Because I'm probably gonna be the one that kills you. Hahaha!"

The Career tribute threw his head back and laughed. Xiumin shuddered as the laugh resonated around the room, chillling his very bone. Every pair of eyes in the room were focused on the two.  Xiumin clenched his fists while taking deep, slow breaths. In and out. In and out. 

The blonde sneered "I think you should feel fortunate that my face is the last face you will ever see. Your filthy district is filled with pigs like you." 

And that is when Xiumin punched him. He hadn't planned it, but the District One tribute was an and the comment had awoken a burning flame inside of him that even he couldn't control. The other certainly wasn't expecting it, so now both men stood statue-still, eyes wide in shock and disbelief. 

The blonde's mouth twitched. Something in him snaps and suddenly he is advancing towards Xiumin with frightening intent and murder in his eyes.

Xiumin stumbles backwards.

"AAAARRRRHHHHH!!!"

The blonde lunges for him and grabs onto Xiumin's throat, ready to strangle the life out of him. Xiumin lands another punch on the blonde's cheek, wanting to damage that pretty face as much as possible because someone with such an ugly heart NEVER deserves to have a face like that. The two swipes, puches and kicks at each other.

"LUHAN, Stop! Stop! The brat isn't worth it now. You can kill him in the arena and you will be a hero, but if you kill him now, it will be murder......Come on, Let's go. Let the brat enjoy the rest of his short life."

One of the Careers pulls a raging Luhan away from the fight. Luhan thrashes against the hold at first, but eventually calms down and with some persuasion from his friends, sends Xiumin one last death glare before walking away. Xiumin props himself up on his elbows, breathing heavily and sporting a new bruise on his neck. Sohee hurries to his side to help him up, all the while fussing and tending to his wounds. "Oh my goodness! Are you okay? Does it hurt here?....."

Xiumin doesn't register any of her words though, he is too caught up in his own thoughts.

'Luhan.....so that's your name. Well, we'll see who'll kill who in the arena.....That stupid bastard doesn't deserve to live.' A new wave of determination and anger charges up Xiumin's broken will.