Friendzone

One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                            Chapter 8

 

               As weeks went by, the two haven’t noticed how closed they’ve become. They have started to become accustomed to each other’s presence. They send random text to each other whenever they see something in relation to them. She buys things she thinks Yonghwa might like, he does the same, even buying things for her kids. They were oblivious to the fact that people around them notice otherwise. Seohyun would randomly smile and zone out whenever she’s on the phone with him well to a certain someone when she's with her friends. They ask if she is already dating someone which she only laughs off. She had already told her friends about her life.  Yonghwa on the other hand just shrugs every time the 3 guys .

“Will wifey be cooking for you?”

“You like her Hyung admit it”

“Omo! Theres that freaky smile again!”

 

Yonghwa sometimes think of what he really feels. He says one thing but his body shows another. It's pretty much a contradiction and it's making him crazy at time. Does he like her as a lover? A sister? Does he just pity her? To his dismay, no answers seem to be coming to his mind.

 

Seohyun is almost as equally busy as Yonghwa. Every Saturday she’s with her Korea Circuit Org. which she enjoys so much. She met a girl named Hyoyeon whose boyfriend race every Saturdays as well. She had competed with a number of guys from the club and had won several times. Her jumpsuit having the same color as Hummy Jr., her race car “Mr. Schu” which she got for lease was named after the famous F1 racer Michael Shumacher , were her treasures. During her marriage, she dropped everything she loved doing which was mainly racing, but right after the court finalized her divorce she went directly to circuit.

 

Every Sunday, she does volunteer work at the children’s library and reads for them for an hour. She loves seeing the little children’s faces and reactions whenever she changes her voice according to the book’s character. When she doesn’t have a class she usually stays at home and reads.

 

She does have a few “fanboys” as Yuri calls it, of her own. She never entertains the thought of them liking her; she just wanted to be friends with as much people as she possibly can. This is her “YOLO” moments as what her kids say. One particular guy who seems persistent is Changmin, who comes from a respectable family.  It was Sooyoungs boyfriend who introduced the two. They casually talk but she already made it clear to Changmin that she’s not interested and just wanted to be friends. She made sure to spell out SINGLE MOM slowly for him to know what he is planning to sign up for.

“Seohyun, it’s Changmins birthday can’t you give the guy a break?” Sooyoung whined

 

“Exactly it’s his birthday so he needs to celebrate it with his family!” Seohyun answered

 

“But his family’s in Japan and he got his business to look after”

 

“Then he better concentrate on looking after his business. Which reminds me I have to call Jess” Seohyun trailing off

 

“Joohyuna! You’re not getting it do you?”

 

“No I get it perfectly and I don’t want to go out with him. I don’t want to send the wrong message”

 

“Ok will you go if Kyungho and I go?”

 

“What? A double date? No can do!”

 

“Ok I’ll get Yuri and Sunny to join, would that work?”

 

She scrunched her nose “hmmm I’ll think about it”

 

“Joohyun Seo!!! Like this is dragging on forever! You won’t get poisoned or anything! It’s just dinner, you don’t even have to stay for too long”

 

“Ok fine! But I’m not staying after dinner!”

 

She was getting tired of the calls she has been getting from Sooyoung. She’s already on her way out when her phone rang again.

“I’m on my way! I’m now out the door and walking to the parking lot” When in truth she’s still inside her room. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled “You still clean up pretty good Joohyun” she told herself. Wearing a tan colored m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter