Final

오전 3시 (3am)

It's so late and Jungkook is so tired. It's been two weeks since he got more than three hours of sleep and school work had been keeping the young perfectionist up till at least two in the morning on the best nights.

Taehyung had seen the bags under his beloved dongsaeng's eyes and he worried for Jungkook. The boy had been trying to keep up with his school work by over-working himself and Taehyung was so scared. So, so scared.

That was the reason he found himself in front of Jungkook's first level window at three in the morning, sighing when he noticed the light from Jungkook's desk lamp shining through the gaps in the curtains. Pulling his blanket closer around his frame, he strode determinedly up to the window and rapped his knuckles against it (not too loudly though - he didn't want to wake Jungkook's parents).

He heard a muffled thud from inside the room, a smile playing on his lips as he realised he probably gave Jungkook a fright. Jungkook was never usually scared by things - he was always the one laughing at horror movies while Taehyung jumped a lot - but some things in real life always seemed scarier than movies. Hearing tapping on your window at 3am was probably one of those things.

The curtain's were drawn back hesitantly, a pale face peeking out from behind them. Taehyung normally would have laughed, but Jungkook looked so ill, so utterly exhausted and Taehyung felt his heart clench.

"Hyung?" Jungkook's voice was muffled through the window, confusion masking his features. Quickly, he opened it, letting the cool night air into his room. "Why are you here? Hyung, you should be asleep!"

"So should you," Taehyung deadpanned and began climbing into the room without asking. His blanket got caught on the latch of the window and Jungkook instantly helped him get it untangled without bothering to question Taehyung - he was so used to the older boy's random antics by now.

"I wanted to finish these textbook questions though," Jungkook sat on his bed, pulling his knees up to his chin. Taehyung turned the desk lamp off and was next to Jungkook instantly. He held his blanket out like a wing and let Jungkook curl up against his side. He put his arm around the ravenette protectively, holding him close and placing a light kiss onto Jungkook's head.

"Why do you do this to yourself Jungkookie?" Taehyung whispered, tightening his grip. "You and I both know you weren't assigned those textbook questions so you don't have to do them."

Jungkook sniffled, pressing his face against Taehyung's body. "I know. I just don't want to fall behind."

"But.." Taehyung paused, "aren't you the top in all your classes?" Jungkook's face crumpled and Taehyung knew instantly why he had be pushing himself so hard. "Did someone beat you?"

"A transfer student," Jungkook sniffed. "She is top in maths."

"Oh. Oh Jungkook," Taehyung murmured, burying his face into Jungkook's hair. "If you push yourself too hard, you won't have the energy in the end to beat her. Have you even been to the dance studio since the midterm?"

Jungkook shook his head. "I didn't think I had time."

"Kookie is so silly," Taehyung cooed, earning him a small smile which he could feel against the fabric of his shirt. "It's Saturday tomorrow - or today, I guess - so we should go together. Maybe Jimin will come too."

"Jimin will want to bring Hoseok hyung, who will bring Yoongi hyung, who will bring Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung," Jungkook laughed. "We should order pizza and all make fun of Jimin."

Taehyung grinned, glad Jungkook was at least thinking of something other than school for the moment. He nuzzled against Jungkook's temple fondly, letting the younger shift into a more comfortable position. Gently, Taehyung moved up the bed, pulling Jungkook along until the two were lying side by side, their limbs so intertwined that he couldn't tell where either of them began or ended.

They had been like this for as long as Taehyung could remember, as close as lovers but never quite crossing that line. He was sure Jungkook knew how his hyung felt about him and Taehyung knew that Jungkook was still too young and too scared of judgement to act upon his own feelings. Taehyung had recently left school - he didn't need to worry about the opinions of teenage classmates, but Jungkook did, and Taehyung accepted that easily. As long as he was still the one Jungkook would turn to for comfort, for fun, for a helping hand.

He just hoped that one day, maybe, he would be the one Jungkook turned to for a relationship as well.