CHAPTER 3 - THRILLING

KING AND QUEEN

CHAPTER III:

 

HARU'S POV

          I was toured around the YG Training Center by the staff. Everything felt refreshing and new. My back startes to hurt a little bit since I've been bowing to everyone I see.

 

          "Haru-ah, I don't think you can meet B Team today. Let's just introduce you to the female trainees."

 

          When I entered their practice room,I saw the girls practicing for their own song. I've never heard it before but the flow of the melody is so smooth, like a song perfect for honeymoon.

 

          They are very graceful and their voices are very melancholic.

 

"Wow. Dae.bak"

 

"Girls, let's pause from the practice. I want you to meet Haru, a new trainee scouted from the auditions yesterday."

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Haru born on the 96, nice to meet you." I bowed respectfully to them since they are now my sunbaes.

 

"Annyeong,I am Lalisa."

"I'm Jenny."

"Hi Haru! I'm Jang Hana!"

 

          These five girls have this YG charisma when you look at them. They look really cool.

 

          "Haru, the evaluation will be in eleven days and it's too short for you to join their group in practicing. YG wants you to perform any YG songs in eleven days and perform it solo to determine how much you can improve in a week."

 

          I froze at that same spot. I have confidence to do well but I feel so awkward to be here. Imagine that my previous company and now are best rivals in the industry as well as their artists. How I wish that they wouldn't know that I came from SM.

 

          They might despise me.

 

          During the whole day I talked with the girls. Hana is the most talkative the the nicest person to me. She's really cheerful. We had the whole day talking about the company,our likes and dislikes and of course, the never-ending talks about boys.

 

          "Haru-ssi, never fall for a boy in our company because that is forbidden." Jenny, the leader of the group reminded me.

 

          "Yes,it happened once to us and you can't even imagine what hardships we went through. But we won't talk about that anymore because that is another yok." Hanna added.

 

"What's yok?"

 

"These are like curses to us. Like dating and talking about the past is another yok."

 

"Oh, okay. I won't ask anymore."

"So,let's have dinner?"

 

---

          That night was wonderful. It felt like I belonged perfectly. How I wish Taeyong was here. I still go home to my own boarding house, at least not for the next few weeks.

         

          I reached for my phone missing Taeyong. So many things happened and I want to tell him everything.

TAEYONG'S POV

 

          I did not do anything today other than sleeping and resting for the entire day. I was too tired of doing nothing so I decided to sleep. It's past 10 but then my phone suddenly rings.

 

I picked the phone lazily knowing already who's calling at this hour.

 

"Taeyong?" As I thought, it's Haru.

"Oh, Haru? What's wrong?"

 

“Nothing. I just missed you." Aish this girl doesn't know how to shut her sweet mouth.

 

"So now you're missing me? You're making me laugh Haru-ah."

"I am very uncomfortable here. I wish you were here."

 

I know Haru, I miss you too. But I can't manage to tell her.

 

"I'll be there soon enough. You should take a rest now, you still have to work hard and show them that you deserve it."

 

"Thank you Taeyong. Goodnight."

"Sleep well."

 

With my heart fluttering, I drift off to sleep.

 

          I have been practicing for over a week now and tomorrow's my first evaluation. I prepared CL's Mental Breakdown. It's a very rough song that perfectly fits to my personality on-stage so I am quite confident to capture the hearts of people.

 

          I've remixed it and put my own rap to the song. I have not showed anyone yet my performance so I tried to approach Hanna.

 

I entered their practice room but she wasn't there.

"Hi, Jennie-unnie. Do you know where Jang Hanna is?"

"Oh, I think she's in the studio recording."

"Okay, thanks."

 

          I headed to the recording room and saw Hanna and some boy trainees. Well they look very familiar. I bow my head to pay respect.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Oh Haru you're hear!" Hanna excitedly said.

"Say hello to our oppa's here."

"Annyeonghaseyo,I'm Lee Haru,a new trainee."

 

This tiny-eye guy came rushing to my side with a bunny smile.

 

"I've heard about you. I'm Bobby-oppa."

 

          Oh . I can't call anyone Oppa. It feels so weird I just can't. I showed him my ever-amazing smile. There three guys in the room. One is named Chanwoo and the other guy is Junhoe. Oh yes, I do remember them. They are the Team B from last year's survival show. The two are particularly handsome especially Junhoe. They're like twin towers when standing together.

 

          Bobby is loud and approachable. Chanwoo is just shy. Junhoe is just a quiet and am-not-interested-in-you type of guy. I laughed it off and took Hanna with me.

 

"Eonni? Do you have free time? Can I borrow you for a sec?"

"Okay."

"Let’s go to my practice room. So here's the thing, I'm going to perform in tomorrow's evaluation and I need someone to critic me."

"So your song is?"

"Menbung."

"Ah. Wait. What? You're singing a CL song?"

"Why? Can't I?"

"No,it's just that... Can you handle it?"

"Watch my performance and tell me how it is."

 

~~~

          I should cut off the breath of my memories of you. I’ve set fire to our recollections. I hoped that my regrets will become a pile of ash
But they’ve only gotten hotter. Even when I fill the bathtub with water and dip myself in it to extinguish the fire. I hold my breath and soon, you come up again.

 

Menbung. 
Boom boom boom.
Boom boom boom.

Menbung.

 

          I hold on to the regrets that have come up. I cover the eyes of memories that are watching me. I roll up my hatred and look around. It’s a desert everywhere, where I want to find tears. I should bury away my little affections. My emotions are still soft.The line that’s been shaken because of its weakness. I should draw it well and finish if off.

 

Save me.

 

Menbung. 
Boom boom boom.
Boom boom boom.

Menbung.

 

How beautiful is this life?
How painful is this life?
How beautiful is this life?
How painful is this life?

Menbung.
 

~~~

 

"Woah. Dae.bak."

"That's awesome Haru-ah! I believe they'll be hard jaw-dropping tomorrow!"

"Oh don't flatter me that much Eonni!"

"Aigoo you should make everything perfect tomorrow okay?"

"I understand."

"I'll go ahead, the boys are waiting for too long already."

 

          I practiced the whole night just to create perfect performance. I'll just pray that I will make no mistakes. It thrills me more knowing that I’ll be alone.

-

-

-
 

 

So I finally made a comeback! Yaay! Thank you for all those who have patiently waited for this story to continue. It's almost finals and summer so I have more time to write all the fluffyness you want. 

Comment down below your thoughts about this story. Love you guys!