CHAPTER 2 - TAEYONG

KING AND QUEEN

I fell asleep as soon as I ended the call to Taeyong and dreamt of good places and peacefulness.

 

Taeyong’s POV

 

*phone rings* My phone has been ringing for a minute now. I woke up lazily and the lamp then checked the time.

 

“Aish, who is this person calling at 2 in the morning?!”

 

Without no choice, I tiredly answered the phone.

 

“Yeah”

 

“Taeyong-ah! Where are you? I am at the shop already!”

 

This jerk is literally screaming to my ears early in the morning! But wait… huh? She is in the coffee shop already at this hour? Alone?

 

“Yah! Why are you there too early in the morning! I told you that we would be meeting at 5AM!”

 

“I was too excited and too afraid to be late!”

 

“Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

 

“Wow, you even haven’t had shower, early meal, dressed up and all, how would you do all those things in fifteen minutes? Are you kidding me? Haha!”

 

I ended up the call already, not interested about nonsense things she’s going to sprout.

 

I took a very quick shower then dressed up in an instant. Good thing that I prepared my attire and things to be needed in the audition last night.

 

Really, this girl is really annoying and always making me worry. Soon enough I’ll have a heart attack because of her.

 

We’re very close friends. We were recruited by SM on the same day. She really seemed tough and unapproachable in the beginning until one day I saw her making music which is very rare to the trainees. We are only obliged to practice what is given and were never asked to create our own style. So, I wondered who the one behind those melodies was.

 

That’s when I found her.

 

As soon as I complimented her work, she started smiling at me. I felt at ease, realizing that what I think about her were all wrong. We became really close. We talked about same things, our dreams. She never really hangs out with the girls and so was I with the boys. Their world is so much different with ours.

 

I don’t have any sibling or a like so she has been my little sister.

 

Riding on a taxi, I reached the shop in no time. I feel that I really looked like a desperate father looking for his daughter.

 

Then there she was, leaning her body on the couch, sleeping soundly with earphones tucked in. Her cold drink of shaved ice now melted. I walked slowly, careful of not waking her up. She’s sleeping so peacefully. I sat beside her and let her lean on me. Then I whispered to her ear.

 

“Haru-ah, you shouldn’t worry my heart like that. Aish, this jerk.”

 

Haru’s POV

 

I can smell Taeyong’s perfume. Someone’s trying to wake me up.

 

“Haru-ah, get up. We’re not going to make it!”

 

Hmm? Not going to make it? I opened my eyes and looked at the time on my wrist.

 

“It’s past nine already Taeyong!”

 

“I told you!”

 

I stood up and went outside the shop then ran to the training center.

 

“Why were you too late?!”

 

“I came here in ten minutes as I told you but I fell asleep too!”

 

“Taeyong you jerk.”

 

“Yeah I know.”

 

When we reached the area, it’s already over.

 

“Taeyooong~”

 

I looked at him teary eyed, making him feel guilty about what happened.

 

“Stay here, I’ll do something.”

 

After a moment he came back.

 

“Let’s go, we can still make it.”

 

“You’re sure?”

 

“Yeah, let’s go!”

 

We entered and saw a large number of participants I am number 505 and Taeyong’s 506.

 

“Haru-ah, maybe we’ll be waiting until evening.”

 

I think so too.”

 

It’s past in eight in the evening and it’s finally my turn. For no reason I am quite very nervous about this. I’ve been participating for over a year now but I still feel anxious. Maybe because I’m not used to this place.

 

I can see Yang Hyun Suk and other three judges I don’t recognize. I can feel the tension building up already.

 

“Annyeonghasimnikka!”

 

“Annyeong, Lee Haru. What song will you sing?”

 

“It’s my self-written and composed song entitled Queen.”

 

“That’s rare. I have high hopes since it seems like you came from one year training in other company.”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

I sang my originally composed song, “Queen” which talks about strengths of women. Not only that, it talks states that women do not come after men. It’s a song full of deep and thrilling beats, just so like me. With balanced rap and singing, it matched really well with my black and gold outfit that slightly has a slit of my tummy.

 

Glad that it has long interlude in the beginning that could help me get some time to drown in the deep beat of the music.

 

“…”

 

After I sang, I can see Mr. Yang’s hands clapping. Did I just do well? Or was it just a sign of respect? I don’t know.

 

The next performance is a dance number. I danced to a song choreographed by Bryan Puspos’ Wet the Bed. I’m confident about dancing sine I’m doing this since I was a kid so this should be okay.

 

“That was quite impressive Lee Hi.”

 

“Thank you Sir!”

 

I bowed then left the audition room then I saw Taeyong.

 

“How was it?”

 

“He complimented me.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Goodluck Taeyong-ah, you can do it!” I cheered him with a big smile and he ruffled my hair and smiled back.

 

“I will you jerk.”

 

“Haha, jerky Taeyong.” Then he went in.

 

I am confident of Taeyong. He is the greatest trainee in SM for over a year. Everyone praised him for his good leadership and skills in rapping.

 

When he went out, his face couldn’t be drawn.

 

“What happened?”

 

“I forgot my lyrics.”

 

This has never happened before. I did not ask anymore why. I just gave him a hug that I hope would comfort him.

 

“It’s okay, we can always try next time.”

 

He was silent after that. He seemed very disappointed. Everyone told us to be back next week for the results.

 

A week later.

          We were back at the same place. Everyone was waiting patiently for the results. Then Mr. Yang came in.

 

“Out of those five hundred, there will only be one who could get in.”

 

          There was a big uproar after hearing the announcement. I looked at Taeyong and linked arms with him. He patted my head afterwards.

 

          “The one who will start his/her training days in YD starting tomorrow is… number 505, Miss Lee Haru.”

 

          I was bewildered knowing that I got in. I looked at Taeyong and he gave me his warmest smile. It made my heart hurt even more. I was trying to stop my tears from coming out.

 

          “Congratulations little Haru.” He ruffled my hair and sent me off.

 

          I walked towards Mr. Yang.

 

          “Our staff will help you. Just give him all the requirements needed and it’ll be fine.”

 

          I looked back at Taeyong and smiled. HE smiled back, then I went in with the staff.

 

          The night of that day, I met up with him. He said he was glad that I made it and that he will enter YG soon. The next audition will be in three months. He said that on that day, he will give it his all.

 

          The next day on YG.

---

Tell me what do you think so far about this story? :)

By the way, aren't you all curious about next week's EP6, why iKON is crying? :( :(
I really have a bad feeling about this, and my dear Hanbin is crying too! :(