Chapter Two

Imaginary Frenzy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sounds of footsteps reached Yue’s ears as she felt herself regain consciousness again. Her eyes flashed open and once again she didn’t find herself in her previous surroundings. To her surprise, she was sitting in a wooden chair in front of a small square table. On the other side of the table was an old typewriter placed. The room she was in was as small as a hallway, not giving much room for walking, but still Yue heard the footsteps. The dim light coming from the hanging lamp above the table barely revealed anything else in the room, and Yue felt her stomach turn a little with fear.

The footsteps kept echoing around her. The girl’s breathing fastened, trying to figure out where exactly the person was walking and if she could spot them.
“Where am I?” she shouted at the darkness around her with all the courage she had. A loud, menacing laugh filled the air, making Yue’s skin crawl.
“P-please…” she begged, with her courage fading quickly, frightened that the man would hurt her.

“Human greed is endless, people make the same mistakes...~” the voice chimed and suddenly a figure jumped out of the darkness and into the light. A tall male with blonde hair had appeared on the other side of the table. His round face carried a big grin formed by the thickest lips. As scared as she was before, Yue felt her fear fade a little; for the young man didn’t look as threatening as he had sounded before.
“I’m sorry, I don’t understand…” Yue mumbled in response to his cryptic words.
“Understanding is something a lot of people fail to do~” he continued and sat down behind the typewriter. He started jamming the keys, making Yue wonder if he actually wrote something readable.

The male wore a red and white kimono on top of his black long sleeved shirt. A pair of red boots were topped by black jeans, and Yue wondered why the boy was dressed like this. Examining his features, she guessed he would be around his early twenties.
He grimaced and pulled weird faces as he kept on typing away, and Yue cocked her head at the sight of her company.
“Can you please tell me where I am?” Yue asked the young man kindly.
He looked up and cocked his own head, making his blonde, wild locks wiggle a little at his movement.

“Does one ever actually know where they are or where they are going?” he asked her in all seriousness. Yue pressed her lips together and thought for a while before answering. Suddenly, he jumped up from his chair and pounced on the table, making Yue lean back in her chair by the shock.
He sat down in the middle, folded his legs and grabbed the lamp that was hanging next to his head. He twisted it, making the light shine right in Yue’s face.
With her small hands, she tried to shield her eyes from the bright light.

“Who are you?” the male interrogated her.
“I’m Yue, Lee Yue, sir…” the girl mumbled as she tried to look the man in his eyes.
“Yue…” he repeated. The light prevented her from seeing any of his facial features or expressions, but Yue was sure he was thinking deeply.
“Zico,” he suddenly said firmly. He let go of the lamp, making it swing from left to right in front of his face.
Yue blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness again before frowning. “Zico?”
The male held out his hand, ready for her to shake it. Yue apprehensively placed her small hand into his large, boney one and shook it softly. “Glad to meet you,” Zico bowed his head slightly when he spoke his words pompously.  
“Nice to meet you..” Yue bowed back to be polite, but didn’t take her eyes off him just to make sure he wasn’t up to any funny business.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter