Let it go!

Be Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 2am in the morning but Yugyeom still can't sleep. He rolled on his bed, then the side to see the empty one next to his. BamBam is sleeping with Jackson hyung tonight and Mark hyung is in Jin Young hyung's room. Ever since the day Jackson proudly declared to the group that he and BamBam were now together, it has been a common scene to see BamBam and Mark switching their place to sleep. No one complained about that, even the leader turned a blind eye on this. He said nothing neither, but he actually only wanted to shout out loud how much he hated the new habit.

Yugyeom sighed quietly, he remembered clearly well how bright BamBam's eyes were that day, how he smiled as if he were the happiest person in the world, how he looked embarrassed yet content when the other members started teasing and congratulating him. He also didn't forget how he patted BamBam's shoulder, back hugging him while playfully whining about how cruel he was to leave his best friend behind and went to find love. Everyone burst out laughing at this joke and BamBam hugged him back, whispering comforting words and promised that nothing could change their friendship. Just no one knew that he really meant what he said. It was real indeed - the fact that he was really hurt at the supposedly happy news.

They first met at the age of 13. When Yugyeom saw the little boy in front of him, there was a sudden and strange feeling rising in his heart, making him want to protect the Thai boy so much. He thought pleasantly that he wouldn't have to be the group's maknae anymore, that finally he would have someone younger to look after instead of being taken care of all the time. But before he could be happy for a few minutes, devil Jin Young hyung informed him that that Kunpimook something (the boy's name - way too long in his opinion) here was older than him by a few months. He was sulky at that information but it changed as soon as he saw the boy's radiant face winking at him saying that he didn't mind doing the aegyo in the future. He was sure that he would always remember this beautiful sight for the rest of his life. It was the first time someone looked at him and smiled so brightly, so heartily like that; the first time he heard a voice so soft yet full of sincere when the boy complimented him on his dancing skill and begged him to teach those moves later; the first time someone hugged him and cheerfully offer to be his friend in the future. From that moment, Yugyeom silently made a promise to himself that he would do everything to protect BamBam (the boy's nickname) despite their few months’ difference.

BamBam was everyone's favorite kid. With his chubby cheeks, baby face, his short height, his optimistic and easy-going character and many other great things that it might take Yugyeom days and nights to list all out, BamBam left a strong impression on almost anyone he met from the staff, the coach, other trainees to the sunbaes and PD-nim. The Thai boy is also a smart and talented kid whose ability to adapt and learn new things was really amazing. Yugyeom was totally surprised at how quick BamBam acquired and kept up with their dance practice despite being the new member. And their friendship began after that day just as BamBam said. Not quite smooth, being the teenage boys they were, there were fights, heated arguments, even swearing sometimes. But Yugyeom could never stay mad for too long, especially if he looked at BamBam's big and pure eyes or his sweet and playful grin. They always made up after a few minutes by punching each other's arm as a way to apologize. Time slowly passed, disagreements faded and turned into sympathy and understanding as they became closer. Yugyeom found himself no longer eat alone during lunch, instead he would be dragged by the Thai boy to join his table. They started sharing stories about their family, their friends back home, they told the other their little secrets, and sometimes when homesickness hit them, they planned their escape to sneak out for a while. Yugyeom didn't say it out loud, but inside he felt really grateful and lucky to have BamBam as his best friend here.

Yugyeom can't recall exactly at what time that he fell. Gradually, unknowingly yet truly in love with his friend. He once thought that it was just simply a crush that anyone had when they reached puberty, only his was a little bit different. Yet he was completely wrong. Not only wasn't he able to get over it, he also realized that he fell into it deeper and deeper overtime. It just happened so naturally that Yugyeom wondered since when BamBam's voice became his favorite sound that he wanted to hear every morning while being woken up; since when BamBam's laughter was like miracle to make all his tiredness disappear after hours of practicing; since when BamBam's gentle touches felt as if he was struck by lightning and since when he couldn't be able to sleep without BamBam's goodnight kisses on his cheek at the end of the day (even though he knew the Thai boy gave kisses to the other hyungs as well). He found himself get addicted to BamBam's charm, almost like an obsession. He realized that he couldn't resist the warmth and sweetness BamBam gave him. He knew this obsession was bad and he wanted to walk away from it yet he couldn't stop the fast beating of his heart or the flush spreading over his face when they accidentally had skin ship. How he wished he would act like there was nothing important and ignore the knot forming in his stomach.

Yugyeom noticed it. Right from the beginning. The way Jackson looked at BamBam, the way he treated the Thai boy, the way they talked and touched each other so comfortably. It was more special and different from how he treated other members. Although Yugyeom tried to persuade himself that Jackson was famous for his kindness and friendliness and that everyone treated BamBam like a baby, he can't ignore the truth too long. When he saw Jackson's eyes glancing at BamBam while the younger was joking with Jin Young one day, Yugyeom felt as if he saw his reflection. The eyes that full of affection, full of fondness and the small smile that was curving the Hong Kong's lips - all were directed at BamBam and all were far too gentle for an ever so energetic and pompous Jackson that he used to know. And if he made a comparison, he was sure that what he thought was totally right. It was obvious that Mark and Jackson relationship was quite the same as BamBam and his (well, before he changed it). Despite their opposite character, they were never awkward around each other, both being foreigners and speaking the same languages. They might be mistaken as a couple for the skin ship they did yet only Got7 knew later that it was part of an excellent trap to make Jin Young jealous and confess to Mark. Jr and Jackson or Jae Bum and Jackson relationship was kind of a love-hate one in which they foug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter